Article on Trump-Supporting Mother

Ghost of a Rider

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2018
South Louisiana
I Told My Trump-Supporting Mom I'm Having A Biracial Baby. Here's What Happened.

This article was written by a man who is having a relationship with a black woman and the affect this had on his relationship with his mother. I see three glaring problems here.

1.) Trump had nothing to do with his mother's racism.

2.) She was a racist and had a problem with interracial relationships long before Trump became president.

3.) The only time Trump is even mentioned in the article is to point out that he and his mother lead different lives as she's a Trump supporter and he is not.

Even considering all this, he still felt it necessary to put Trump's name in the title of the article as if Trump was somehow connected to any of this when he is not.

I Told My Trump-Supporting Mom I'm Having A Biracial Baby. Here's What Happened.

This article was written by a man who is having a relationship with a black woman and the affect this had on his relationship with his mother. I see three glaring problems here.

2.) She was a racist and had a problem with interracial relationships long before Trump became president.

3.) The only time Trump is even mentioned in the article is to point out that he and his mother lead different lives as she's a Trump supporter and he is not.

Even considering all this, he still felt it necessary to put Trump's name in the title of the article as if Trump was somehow connected to any of this when he is not.
Lifelong racists are the most likely Trump supporters. So it was only logical for the author to include that in his article.

And yet, you felt the need to post this in Politics, even though it has nothing to do with politics.

Moving thread in 3, 2, 1 ..........

Lifelong racists are the most likely Trump supporters.

Then again, many lifelong non-racists are Trump supporters. So what?

So it was only logical for the author to include that in his article.

It wasn't logical at all. Again, Trump had nothing to do with his mother's racism and she had her views on race long before Trump became president. If he had written this article five years ago he would have titled it "I Told My Racist Mom I'm Having A Biracial Baby. Here's What Happened."

His mother was a racist five years ago and would have had the same problem with his interracial relationship back then. Besides all that, the article had nothing to do with politics anyway.

Face it, Trump is completely irrelevant to this story.

Lifelong racists are the most likely Trump supporters.

Then again, many lifelong non-racists are Trump supporters. So what?

So it was only logical for the author to include that in his article.

It wasn't logical at all. Again, Trump had nothing to do with his mother's racism and she had her views on race long before Trump became president. If he had written this article five years ago he would have titled it "I Told My Racist Mom I'm Having A Biracial Baby. Here's What Happened."

His mother was a racist five years ago and would have had the same problem with his interracial relationship back then. Besides all that, the article had nothing to do with politics anyway.

Face it, Trump is completely irrelevant to this story.
The article's title took me back to 1968 and "True Confessions" magazine, which my friend's mom explained to us was really a morality rag and nothing to be giggling about in the closet.
Took all the fun out of it.
Is True Confessions still around?

Forum List

Back