Article 45.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Would someone mind telling me what Article 45.1 of the Protocol to the Geneva Convention means? Apparently, I am misinterpreting it, because if my interpretation is correct, that would mean our Great War President is wrong, and since Shrub is infallible in all ways, I know I must be wrong, so can anyone tell me what it really means? Thanks for the help guys!

Article 45 Section 1
1977 Protocol to the Geneva Convention

1. A person who takes part in hostilities and falls into the power of an adverse Party shall be presumed to be a prisoner of war, and therefore shall be protected by the Third Convention, if he claims the status of prisoner of war, or if he appears to be entitled to such status, or if the Party on which he depends claims such status on his behalf by notification to the detaining Power or to the Protecting Power. Should any doubt arise as to whether any such person is entitled to the status of prisoner of war, he shall continue to have such status and, therefore, to be protected by the Third Convention and this Protocol until such time as his status has been determined by a competent tribunal.

It means anyone captured in war is a prisoner of war. Is that what you are having trouble with?

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
So how come the President has trouble realizing that?

I see no evidence that he doesnt understand it. You are the one asking what it means.

So how come the President has trouble realizing that? [/QUOTE

He doesn't have trouble and just who the hell cares what happened to a bunch of uneducated village idiots in Iraq. Are you a sympathizer? Should we be worried about you pulling a Jihad Johnny?

What people don't realize, and they actually think that they are being good Americans and exercising their 1st amendment rights, is that not only do the ragheads see us squabbling amongst ourselves and see us as weak for it but the troops see this same crap fom the LMM and wonder just what the hell are they coming back to. Is this such a stupid country that we don't learn from the past pertaining to this undermining crap?(Vietnam)

I've already been hammered for this but i'll repeat it, we do not know what the circumstances were when this so-called torture happened nor do we know what its like to patrol the streets in Iraq. If these guys were blowing off steam I for one am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, In the past week or so I have becomec disillusioned with our tactics in Iraq, for example the pullout in Fallujah. WTF! If this war is being micro-managed from D.C. because of politics i'm sure as hell gonna rethink my vote. Oh don't worry I won't vote for trader Johnny but maybe a 3rd party. I just cannot believe that we are pussyfooting around like we are, we have the firepower to finish that job inside a month and be done with it but man I don't know, something just ain't right.

• Banned
Originally posted by Sir Evil
Realize what? It's know personally his fault huh?

Considering the President is the one who made the decision not to grant these "detainees" status as POW's, yes, it is his fault they do not have status as POW's. That I have to explicitly tell you that is frightening.

• Banned
Originally posted by Avatar4321
I see no evidence that he doesnt understand it. You are the one asking what it means.

Umm, hello? Where have you been? There are 700 "persons who took part in hostilities" that have not received temporary POW status pending a hearing by a "competent tribunal," as well as 10,000 in Iraq, and god knows how many elsewhere. You were aware of that, were you not?

Evil my man i'm not in a good mood to be playing with these fuckers tonight. My hard drive is down, i've borrowed an old piece of shit that has like explorer 4.0 on it so i'm damn lucky I can get on here. :mad:

I'm just sick of this shit with these idiots, in fact this moron or someone similar to him sent me an email with a link to an LSU message board, how the fuck he got my address is beyond me but I don't like being solicited by jackoffs I don't even know. Oh you should've seen this board too, fucking den of thieves if I ever saw one.

Originally posted by OCA
So how come the President has trouble realizing that? [/QUOTE

He doesn't have trouble and just who the hell cares what happened to a bunch of uneducated village idiots in Iraq. Are you a sympathizer? Should we be worried about you pulling a Jihad Johnny?

What people don't realize, and they actually think that they are being good Americans and exercising their 1st amendment rights, is that not only do the ragheads see us squabbling amongst ourselves and see us as weak for it but the troops see this same crap fom the LMM and wonder just what the hell are they coming back to. Is this such a stupid country that we don't learn from the past pertaining to this undermining crap?(Vietnam)

I've already been hammered for this but i'll repeat it, we do not know what the circumstances were when this so-called torture happened nor do we know what its like to patrol the streets in Iraq. If these guys were blowing off steam I for one am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, In the past week or so I have becomec disillusioned with our tactics in Iraq, for example the pullout in Fallujah. WTF! If this war is being micro-managed from D.C. because of politics i'm sure as hell gonna rethink my vote. Oh don't worry I won't vote for trader Johnny but maybe a 3rd party. I just cannot believe that we are pussyfooting around like we are, we have the firepower to finish that job inside a month and be done with it but man I don't know, something just ain't right.

I'm afraid your missing the point. The law is the law, period. And if President Bush is breaking the law, he is breaking the law. If you don't care about the law, that's fine, just say so.

"uneducated village idiots" - how do you know who these people are?

It would appear that spidey has trouble with alot of thing's! Just check out his avatar which is LSU tigers, has USC listed above that, and claims to be from Arizona! Confused is a understatement when you combine this with some of his posts!

USC was a pretty good team, they won the California Sports Writers Poll, so I figured I'd give them a tiny line above the National Champions.

You'd be surprised how many people from Baton Rouge end up in Phoenix. None in Flagstaff, though. I'm moving back at the end of the month, so your confusion and mine will end.

Originally posted by OCA
Evil my man i'm not in a good mood to be playing with these fuckers tonight. My hard drive is down, i've borrowed an old piece of shit that has like explorer 4.0 on it so i'm damn lucky I can get on here. :mad:

I'm just sick of this shit with these idiots, in fact this moron or someone similar to him sent me an email with a link to an LSU message board, how the fuck he got my address is beyond me but I don't like being solicited by jackoffs I don't even know. Oh you should've seen this board too, fucking den of thieves if I ever saw one.

I was hoping you might find the thread about the Spiderman/Tuba ticket, if you were interested in a good candidate that wants what right for America, instead of those damn Republicrats. I didn't mean to send you a private email, if I did I don't know how I did it.

Are you for real? If you are really a liberal pretending to be a conservative, you had me fooled for a while! Good job! Nice sarcasm and parody of the stereotypical ignorant redneck Rambo war loving conservative! You should really do impressions more often. Do you do the President?

:laugh: I hear ya Paulie! I think spidey previously crawled these boards as someone else, just not sure who yet!

Neither am I. If you think of it, let me know, I'd definitely be interested to know about any alternate personalities I wasn't aware I had.

I'm afraid your missing the point. The law is the law, period. And if President Bush is breaking the law, he is breaking the law. If you don't care about the law, that's fine, just say so.

"uneducated village idiots" - how do you know who these people are?

Hey guy, i'm a native born Greek, we've got idiots like these clowns there too. First off almost all the trouble is in the Sunni triangle where they were living the good life under Sadaam while the rest of the country ate shit soup, so these guys are so stupid that they figure if the Americans leave we'll get back on the gravy train. Did these guys miss the picture of Sadaam beinf captured in his underground palace? Guess not, hence village idiots.

Originally posted by OCA
Hey guy, i'm a native born Greek, we've got idiots like these clowns there too. First off almost all the trouble is in the Sunni triangle where they were living the good life under Sadaam while the rest of the country ate shit soup, so these guys are so stupid that they figure if the Americans leave we'll get back on the gravy train. Did these guys miss the picture of Sadaam beinf captured in his underground palace? Guess not, hence village idiots.

Once again, you and Sir Evil and missing the point.

The President is in blatant violation of international law.

The Congress has the authority and the duty to impeach any President guilty of breaking the law of the land.

The 6th Article of the Constitution makes clear that the Constitution and all treaties entered into by the US are the supreme law of the land.

Is it gelling in your head yet? Or do you just not want to admit you don't care if you President is not only a liar and a moron, but a criminal?

The Congress has the authority and the duty to impeach any President guilty of breaking the law of the land.

The 6th Article of the Constitution makes clear that the Constitution and all treaties entered into by the US are the supreme law of the land.

Is it gelling in your head yet? Or do you just not want to admit you don't care if you President is not only a liar and a moron, but a criminal?

#1 I don't give a shit about the Geneva convention, its about as useful as the U.N. You call him a criminal, I say he has balls. Fuck those pow's, those guys should have made all of them suck each other off.

#2 did you have this same outrage at Bubba when he decided to kill civilians on the day of his impeachment vote? Was he not a criminal, well I mean that fact has never been in doubt since the 70's but hey anyway.

Call me Rambo thats fine, at least i'm a man.

While I would hardly consider him a criminal I wonder if you felt this way towards Clinton who truly should of been impeached?

Well, how did you feel? Did you feel that if a President breaks the law, he should be impeached? Do you feel differently now?

You don't consider someone who breaks the law a criminal?

If Bubba was not removed from office than in my opinion no president ever no matter what should be removed. Bubba was in clear violation of countless American statutes as well as moral and ethical violations. You on the other hand are trying to pin something on the pres. that others did. If i'm a soldier and decide to rape some chick in the battle zone swhould he be held responsible for my actions? No. You are bankrupt in your argument. Nice try and better luck next time.

Originally posted by OCA
#1 I don't give a shit about the Geneva convention, its about as useful as the U.N. You call him a criminal, I say he has balls. Fuck those pow's, those guys should have made all of them suck each other off.

#2 did you have this same outrage at Bubba when he decided to kill civilians on the day of his impeachment vote? Was he not a criminal, well I mean that fact has never been in doubt since the 70's but hey anyway.

Call me Rambo thats fine, at least i'm a man.

small dick Rambo-

#1 If you don't give a shit about the Geneva Convention, you don't give a shit about the Constitution or the law in general. You think if a President wants to break the law, he should be able to. I'm sure you felt the same about President Clinton. Thanks for making your views clear, Mr. Anarchy.

#2 What are you saying? That President's who break the law and willfully kill civilians should be held accountable for it? Make up your mind please, which is it? Can the President break the law when he wants, or not? Or can only Republican Presidents break the law?

#3 Is it at all possible for people like you to defend your corrupt lying criminal President without talking about Bill Clinton?

I was hoping you might find the thread about the Spiderman/Tuba ticket, if you were interested in a good candidate that wants what right for America, instead of those damn Republicrats. I didn't mean to send you a private email, if I did I don't know how I did it.

Are you for real? If you are really a liberal pretending to be a conservative, you had me fooled for a while! Good job! Nice sarcasm and parody of the stereotypical ignorant redneck Rambo war loving conservative! You should really do impressions more often. Do you do the President?

You make absolutely zero sense, hey your junior high debate team said they are missing their practice book, better give it back.
If you think or ever thought i'm a liberal you are a complete fool and have problem with comprehension. Hey did you vote for Dave Duke there in Louisiana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back