Artic Sea Ice now greater than 2005

code1211

Apr 8, 2009
Just when you thought it was safe to go boating in the Arctic, that doggone Ice is getting more pronounced again. Now there is more ice up there than there was in 2005, 2007 or 2008. We are still below 2006, however.

How thick is this ice? According to Cryospere today, pretty thick. Almost all of it is in the 90 to 100 range.

2009 Arctic Sea Ice Extent exceeds 2005 for this date « Watts Up With That?
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jaxa_2009-crosses-2005.png

Polar Sea Ice Cap and Snow - Cryosphere Today

Greater means there less of it...amiright?

Right?

GlobalWarmerCoolering has melted the ice by making it APPEAR that there's more of it!

It's The Great Climatic Googly Moogly!

Just when you thought it was safe to go boating in the Arctic, that doggone Ice is getting more pronounced again. Now there is more ice up there than there was in 2005, 2007 or 2008. We are still below 2006, however.

How thick is this ice? According to Cryospere today, pretty thick. Almost all of it is in the 90 to 100 range.

2009 Arctic Sea Ice Extent exceeds 2005 for this date « Watts Up With That?
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jaxa_2009-crosses-2005.png

Polar Sea Ice Cap and Snow - Cryosphere Today
iiHERETIC!!

Don't get too excited about it... Because the Earth is warming up so much due to all the Greenhouse gases it's all going to melt - in about a million years.:lol:

Sure there may be more if it and it make be thick, but is it as cold as it used to be? Huh? Is it? No you cant answer that you science hating Repub! Do you know why you cant answer? Of course you can't or don't ...all this hysterical ranting is making me woozy...anyway You hate SCIENCE!

The History of Arctic water temps measurement

100 years ago: stick your hand in, yup that's pretty fucking cold

50 years ago: stick your hand in, yup, still pretty fucking cold if you ask me

Funny I saw a story about trying to open a north channel route for the first time EVER.......I guess one persons "FACTS" are lying. One fact I DO know it that the new ice is nowhere NEAR as deep as the old ice.

In one of the links I posted, the North East passage is pretty clearly shown. It is, or at least was at the time of the photo, open.

The relative thinness of the ice was cited as the reason that the ice would melt far more quickly this year than it melted last year or the year before. It didn't. Go Figure.

The same folks pointed to the oncoming El Nino as the harbinger of warmer Arctic waters, also which would melt the ice more quickly. The ice must be stupid ice. It doesn't know when to melt and when to freeze.

Forum List

Back