Arthritis Sufferers

I've seen commercials from lawyers that "if you or one of your loved ones died, call now!".
M'kay. I'll be sure to do that once I'm dead.:cuckoo:

I've seen commercials from lawyers that "if you or one of your loved ones died, call now!".
M'kay. I'll be sure to do that once I'm dead.:cuckoo:

Yep. Those are the bottom feeders out scouring the depths for something, anything to turn into a class action suit that generally greatly enriches the lawyers but does little or nothing for the victims named. That's the stuff that can give the legal profession a really bad name.

These, however, should not be confused with great lawyers that do yeoman's work to unscramble messes and secure lives and property for all of us. There are those too.

But most class action suits are nothing but a gold mine for often less-than-scrupulous lawyers.

I guess the law says that ads for prescription medicine have to include the side effects. On the radio they get around it with speed talk and lower volume but on TV they are pretty candid. I saw the side effects for a psoriasis prescription that include "some fatal episodes".

Psoriasis meds are big guns and can really have bad side effects.

On the other hand, psoriasis is a debilitating disease. Bad cases are horrible...it's hard to live a normal life, you're in pain all the time, and people think you're contagious. It sucks.

And it gets worse with age.

I have to say, I think it's funny when medication for some mild ailment is advertised, and they go down the list of potential and potentially FATAL side effects...I'm always like, "Why would anyone risk death for ***** relief?"

I was talking to the head nurse at my doctors office a few days ago and we were chatting about the drugs used to treat RA and other Arthritis ailments and her words were "those things are POTENT, girl. Many of them are used to treat cancer patients. In essence they are treating the pain, not the disease because there is no cure for it so what else can they do?" and I said "make money?" and she said "that about sums it up".

Update on my earlier post. I should NOT have taken the dogs all the way around the block or used the slight hill. I'm paying for it now. Sigh. Ouch.

Bless vicodin. Bless advil. Thank you, Amen.

This is my third day on Nutra Joint, made by Knox Gelatin. Yesterday was a painful day for me. But today? I actually took all the dogs and the cat for a walk down the block and back up again. My feet are not aching nor swollen. My wrist is not in it's ace bandage so I don't twist it the wrong way. I can make a fist.
Placebo? Maybe.
Actually does what it claims? Maybe.
All I know is it is safe. It does not interfere with other meds (I checked with my pharmacist), and it is cheaper than Knox Gelatin packages you would buy to make jello. Read the link, then google for more info and see for yourself.

I had to try something, since I refuse to take meds that have worse side effects than the ailment itself. There is no cure for RA, or any arthritis and there are hundreds of different kinds of arthritis. So, home remedies, or suffer. I chose to explore and this is what I found and am now trying.

I will keep you updated in case anyone else wants to give it a go.

Thanks for the update.

I sincerely hope it keeps working for you.

Terrible disease that.

Friend of mine was having GOLD injsted into her to get some relief from hers when she was like 16 years old.

Haven't seen her in decades but I presume if she's still alive, she's a completely crippled person now.

I was put on Enbrel about eight years ago for psoriatic arthritis (back when in still in trials) and it is an absolute miracle drug, imo. My doctor told me they have even seen some isolated incidence where arthritis for people one enbrel have seen their arthritis go into complete remission.

Have a family member that gives himself an injection once a week for the past year. So far there are good signs. He seems to have at least more energy. But I will also say that it cannot undo the damage that has already ravaged his body. It will not stop the progression, but may slow it down. For his sake I hope this is true. He has Ankylosing Spondylitis, a form of arthritis that causes fusing of the joints

Enbrel has been in the market for several years. There are two types of injections the pen and the syringe. The pen is more expensive. The cost is $1500 a month

There is also an intravenous medication, called remicade.

Knox arthritis miracle

This is my third day on Nutra Joint, made by Knox Gelatin. Yesterday was a painful day for me. But today? I actually took all the dogs and the cat for a walk down the block and back up again. My feet are not aching nor swollen. My wrist is not in it's ace bandage so I don't twist it the wrong way. I can make a fist.
Placebo? Maybe.
Actually does what it claims? Maybe.
All I know is it is safe. It does not interfere with other meds (I checked with my pharmacist), and it is cheaper than Knox Gelatin packages you would buy to make jello. Read the link, then google for more info and see for yourself.

I had to try something, since I refuse to take meds that have worse side effects than the ailment itself. There is no cure for RA, or any arthritis and there are hundreds of different kinds of arthritis. So, home remedies, or suffer. I chose to explore and this is what I found and am now trying.

I will keep you updated in case anyone else wants to give it a go.

Grace... You live on the Coast... Every time the weather changes you feel it. Your Arthritis is a Barometer... when you really need a break try visiting Flagstaff, Sedona, Bisbee, Albuquerque.

Barometric pressure seems to be the culprit in arthritis being active or not, at least from watching my family member. Dry weather is the best

My wife is like you, won't take the drugs with all the side effects. I am on the way to the store,

Thanks for sharing

Day before yesterday was bad for me. Remind her it takes 2 weeks for the gelatin to work, if it does at all. There is no cure, but there has to be relief somewhere. I aim to keep trying home remedies. The gelatin is still on my trial basis.
However, yesterday I was feeling much better. And today I am as well. So...I don't know what that means but at least I am not helpless like I was 2 days ago.

I do appreciate this thread Grace. I thought I was pretty well read on the subject, but I had never before known that there was a direct link between some forms of arthritis and psoriasis. And I have suffered from both. So I am taking a look at that with fresh eyes. There's a ton of information on it, but I had no idea to look for it until you brought it up.

I do appreciate this thread Grace. I thought I was pretty well read on the subject, but I had never before known that there was a direct link between some forms of arthritis and psoriasis. And I have suffered from both. So I am taking a look at that with fresh eyes. There's a ton of information on it, but I had no idea to look for it until you brought it up.

I noticed a few lesions (very small, but still.....) on my leg. I thought it was me working in the garden and getting bit by bugs. And for all my 58 years, I have NEVER suffered from dandruff. Ever. But the past 2 months...I've had dry flakey scalp and some small bumps here and there. I had no clue it was connected to the RA until I began to search for home cures.
I did try the ACV mixed with water as a hair rinse....and it's gone. My scalp is like it has been all these years. Dandruff free. And I put some on my leg where the small patches were. Full strength with a wash cloth. They are gone.
I even rubbed some diluted ACV on my poor dog that has gone to the vet many times due to allergies and he rubs and scratches and bites himself all over but its his back that is dry and scaly. For years, I have been giving him baby benadryl. I started the ACV rub on him 3 days ago. No biting. No scratching. No rubbing his butt on couches and floors. He finally has some peace.

So I will keep hunting. I will keep looking. And I will continue to add to this thread when I discover something. So far, this website has done wonders (read the comments from those who have tried ACV).

And I cannot count the times and money I spent at the doctors office, embarassed, suffering in silence, due to the rash on my private parts. I thought it was heat rash. I also thought maybe other woman ailments too embarassing to even type. So I stayed quiet. Tests were done many times. All came back negative. Even for ...blush...yeast infections. I was handed steroid creams when I did finally confess to the doctor I "itched" with "dry bumps" in certain areas. My SIL gets the same under her breasts. She thought it was heat rash, too. Nothing solved the problem and wearing a bra was hard for her. So she usually tucked her tshirt under her girls and that kept them dray underneath. Well...she has OA, not RA. And she has PA as well. She now uses the ACV since my discovery and its gone. The rash is kaput. Same with me in my situation that is embarassing to put on a message board. BUT...if it helps someone else with the same problem, I guess I can blush and live with it being out there in internet land.
Apple cider vinegar has helped me tremendously. Now both ends of me, my dog, and my sister in laws girls are itch free, and bump less.

Now all I want is to be joint painless. I hope the gelatin works. I have about another week to go before results are supposed to be felt.

Last edited:
I'd like to thank Allie as well. She suffers, too. Without her input, I would not have connected the dots to arthritis either. Pun intended about the dots.

Well sending positive vibes your way Grace. I am grateful for medicine when it is necessary, but I am so convinced that we need so much less of it than what is prescribed and would have better quality of life if we can discover the natural way to deal with various maladies and not require our body to also cope with a lot of needless side effects.

Millions of people suffer from arthritis. There are hundreds of kinds of arthritis, too. No cure. For any of them. Too many drugs. If things get worse, people won't be able to buy those drugs anyway. And who knows what natural ingredient has yet to be discovered to cure something like RA? So I haunt google with key words. Problem is, I never connected the skin probs to arthritis. Not until Allie mentioned it. Then I was on the hunt again. And there it was. Thousands of people suffer psoriases and it usually shows up about the same time arthritis rears its ugly head. Its the front runner. The warning of what is to come to the joints. Its a heads up. And sure as my name is Grace, that's exactly what went down.

Last year, I was fine. Putting up fences, climbing on top of the house to replace roof tiles, mowing the lawn, walking all over creation with the dogs. Hauling furniture I painted from and to destinations. Now? I can't even open a damn jar of jam without excrusiating pain.

Millions of people suffer from arthritis. There are hundreds of kinds of arthritis, too. No cure. For any of them. Too many drugs. If things get worse, people won't be able to buy those drugs anyway. And who knows what natural ingredient has yet to be discovered to cure something like RA? So I haunt google with key words. Problem is, I never connected the skin probs to arthritis. Not until Allie mentioned it. Then I was on the hunt again. And there it was. Thousands of people suffer psoriases and it usually shows up about the same time arthritis rears its ugly head. Its the front runner. The warning of what is to come to the joints. Its a heads up. And sure as my name is Grace, that's exactly what went down.

Last year, I was fine. Putting up fences, climbing on top of the house to replace roof tiles, mowing the lawn, walking all over creation with the dogs. Hauling furniture I painted from and to destinations. Now? I can't even open a damn jar of jam without excrusiating pain.

That's where I first had noticable difficulty--the arthritis in my hands. The copper bracelet mostly took care of that for me. Not sure whether it helped anywhere else but I have not had that deep ache or cramping in my hands since I put it on. I know it won't work for everybody. But it's sure worth a try. Mine has little magnets in the ends which the homeopathic therapist who made it says also have an effect. I don't know if that is true either but it works. And that has been a real blessing.

I've got it in my thumbs, my feet, and my neck. It's getting worse the older I get and is starting to worry me...I need to get to a rheumatologist for treatment.

Forum List

Back