Arthritis Sufferers

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
This is my third day on Nutra Joint, made by Knox Gelatin. Yesterday was a painful day for me. But today? I actually took all the dogs and the cat for a walk down the block and back up again. My feet are not aching nor swollen. My wrist is not in it's ace bandage so I don't twist it the wrong way. I can make a fist.
Placebo? Maybe.
Actually does what it claims? Maybe.
All I know is it is safe. It does not interfere with other meds (I checked with my pharmacist), and it is cheaper than Knox Gelatin packages you would buy to make jello. Read the link, then google for more info and see for yourself.

I had to try something, since I refuse to take meds that have worse side effects than the ailment itself. There is no cure for RA, or any arthritis and there are hundreds of different kinds of arthritis. So, home remedies, or suffer. I chose to explore and this is what I found and am now trying.

I will keep you updated in case anyone else wants to give it a go.

Gelatin in almost any form does have a positive effect on some forms of arthritis for some people. Both Mr. Foxfyre and myself have some arthritis so we do eat a lot of gelatin. But we both like gelatin salads and. . .well. . . .you gotta have something for dinner anyway. :) But glad to have the information on the Nutra Joint, Grace.

I am in no way endorsing it, but I have suffered for years with arthritis in both hands that sometimes is a deep painful ache and sometimes causes extremely painful cramping. A couple of years ago Mr. Foxfyre ran across a copper bracelet--really pretty all intertwined with sterling silver with magnets in the two ends--and bought it for me. The lady who made them said it might help. It did. I haven't had any hand cramping since I put it on. My aunt and sister have both since acquired one with good results though not quite as dramatic as mine.

I know these kinds of things don't help a lot of people and medical science generally views it as quackery at best; voodoo at worst. But it did help me. So whatever works.

• Banned
I have been looking for a copper bracelet. I might go browse ebay.
I've been awakened lately with bad leg cramps in my calves. I had no clue it was the arthritis until just now reading your posts. My hands are not all twisted and deformed,but they sure hurt. My left hip, both ankles, the bones on the top of both feet, both middle toes and the left big toe, lower back, left elbow. Only place is has not hit me hard is my right leg and my knees, but lately it has been inspecting them to see if they would be a new party pad. So far, so good those are free of it. (knock on wood). I wear ace bandages and just ordered some ankle wraps for stability to help when it's in full flare up mode. Maybe I can find a copper anklet or two. Or, make them myself. I hear magnets work too?

Anyway, the Nutra Joint comes in a big can and a scoop inside. Just add one scoop per day to whatever drink you want to stir it in. Makes it handy. Taste is not the greatest but it's doable.

Thanks for the tip on the copper. What can it hurt? Not a darn thing.

• Banned
It's ok. Some of the previews made me lol, so now I wanna see it. I'll let ya know if it's dumb.:tongue:

I was put on Enbrel about eight years ago for psoriatic arthritis (back when in still in trials) and it is an absolute miracle drug, imo. My doctor told me they have even seen some isolated incidence where arthritis for people one enbrel have seen their arthritis go into complete remission.

This is my third day on Nutra Joint, made by Knox Gelatin. Yesterday was a painful day for me. But today? I actually took all the dogs and the cat for a walk down the block and back up again. My feet are not aching nor swollen. My wrist is not in it's ace bandage so I don't twist it the wrong way. I can make a fist.
Placebo? Maybe.
All I know is it is safe. It does not interfere with other meds (I checked with my pharmacist), and it is cheaper than Knox Gelatin packages you would buy to make jello. Read the link, then google for more info and see for yourself.

I had to try something, since I refuse to take meds that have worse side effects than the ailment itself. There is no cure for RA, or any arthritis and there are hundreds of different kinds of arthritis. So, home remedies, or suffer. I chose to explore and this is what I found and am now trying.

Grace... You live on the Coast... Every time the weather changes you feel it. Your Arthritis is a Barometer... when you really need a break try visiting Flagstaff, Sedona, Bisbee, Albuquerque.

That's great, Bern! How are you today? Is it in remission and are you still taking it? I don't know half the drugs out there for RA because I refuse to take any so I am quite ignorant on what is what.

Today, though, I went all the way around the block with 3 dogs. I couldn't handle 4, plus the cat, so we snuck out. It was a pleasant walk, and I included a small hill that was kind of long but with a gentle slope. By the time I got home, my left hip was beginning to throb, but there is no way I could have done that last week or even the week before. And, I haven't had to take a melatonin pill to sleep the past 2 nights. Once I get in my chair, I'm gone and don't wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps or aches in joints.
So far, so good with the Nutra Joint, I am happy to say.

I've been to Sedona/Cottonwood area. Loved it. Ex's family is on the rez there.
What I want and need is a nice big jacuzzi to slap in the back yard.:lol:

That's great, Bern! How are you today? Is it in remission and are you still taking it? I don't know half the drugs out there for RA because I refuse to take any so I am quite ignorant on what is what.

Today, though, I went all the way around the block with 3 dogs. I couldn't handle 4, plus the cat, so we snuck out. It was a pleasant walk, and I included a small hill that was kind of long but with a gentle slope. By the time I got home, my left hip was beginning to throb, but there is no way I could have done that last week or even the week before. And, I haven't had to take a melatonin pill to sleep the past 2 nights. Once I get in my chair, I'm gone and don't wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps or aches in joints.
So far, so good with the Nutra Joint, I am happy to say.

Still on it and not in remission, but I am having to take it with less frequency. My big problems were kind of like yours, excruciating pain in my toes (eventually had to have couple fused). Being able to walk pain free is a wonderful feeling.

Knox arthritis miracle

Placebo? Maybe.

Grace... You live on the Coast... Every time the weather changes you feel it. Your Arthritis is a Barometer... when you really need a break try visiting Flagstaff, Sedona, Bisbee, Albuquerque.

Can't speak for Sedona or Bisbee, but I can tell you that visiting in Flagstaff or living in Albuquerque doesn't help all that much. :)

I guess the law says that ads for prescription medicine have to include the side effects. On the radio they get around it with speed talk and lower volume but on TV they are pretty candid. I saw the side effects for a psoriasis prescription that include "some fatal episodes".

I guess the law says that ads for prescription medicine have to include the side effects. On the radio they get around it with speed talk and lower volume but on TV they are pretty candid. I saw the side effects for a psoriasis prescription that include "some fatal episodes".

Well it's true that all medicine contains some poison. And ANY medicine, even an aspirin, can be fatal to somebody. But it's true that the ridiculous full disclosure on advertisements for all prescription and OTC meds will make you believe that if you take them you will DIE or worse.

Well it's true that all medicine contains some poison. And ANY medicine, even an aspirin, can be fatal to somebody. But it's true that the ridiculous full disclosure on advertisements for all prescription and OTC meds will make you believe that if you take them you will DIE or worse.

They should be required to give the odds of fatal episodes. Do you want to spin the cylinder and put the gun to your head to cure jock ich?

Forum List

Back