Construction job equipment in use: .
1698095023748.jpeg

Going places...

1698095158242.jpeg

Ohhhhh, Take me out to the Ball Game...
1698095451159.jpeg

Queen sized Stagecoach Picture quilt:

1698096737045.jpeg

I think I'd like to design and make a child's Stagecoach applique quilt at some future date.
Stage Coaches were one way to get around in the West, once upon a time.​

Last edited:
Roman Butin's coins.
Roman Butin is a famous Russian metal craftsman who gives coins a second life. He turns them into works of art and equips them with miniature mechanisms. The works are stunningly detailed, all elements are created by hand.

Beautiful coin, Ringo!

I found a great Tradewinds how-to at YouTube. It's a cool pattern.

I can picture this in fabrics children would like for
a lovely charity baby quilt for a single mom.
If you watch the video, you'll realize that
Ms. Jordan Fabric's are nothing short of fabulous.​

Last edited:
Do you use a sewing machine?

I use a sewing machine and thread to draw pictures. Oh, wait. I gave my big Bernina creative machine to my sister who wanted to learn how to quilt. Now, my pictures are smaller because I saved it to do my charity quilts on. My husband died, so now I don't have anyone to take pictures of my work on a day-to-day basis. I do know how to turn the other one to a paintbrush and bought the correct foot a couple of months back, but am so busy making quilt tops I haven't engaged in my favorite use of my small sewing machine and use it as my paintbrush with free motion knowledge I have from a class I took 40 years ago in Jackson, Wyoming from the best quilt instructors in America. Right now, I'm just making charity quilts that are pieced, not machine embroidered. However, I'm getting the yen to buy another electric sewing-quilting-embroidery machine to replace my old one. Unfortunately, they're very expensive, and I'm a senior citizen whose only income is social security since I told my quilt store helpers in Wyoming to keep the rent I used to get to buy charity quilt fabric in my Texas home where we moved in 2009 because of poor health, and now I'm a senior widow who is happy to have the time and energy to make baby quilts for single moms with childraising commitments and whose man left them for other pursuits. I just used this week's social security check to buy heaters when a single mom told me her mobile home was cold (she has 5 children one son of which is a babe in arms.
Two of the kids are still in elementary school except for one who is three and stays home, and one who is in high school. I went to Ace Hardware and got three bedroom heaters that will hopefully last a lifetime. This woman's man was caught last summer doing drugs and got a year in jail, and she can't get a job because she has to raise 5 children by herself. I pray for people with broken marriages/relationships every day. I can get by on bread, cereal, a banana a day, and milk. Sewing quilts for nearly-orphaned children is the food for my soul. I won a best of show at the Wyoming state fair 17 years ago, and I strive to make each little orphan quilt a blue ribbon masterpiece, and ask God to bless the children whose families are having hard times to keep them safe, well-nourished, and warm. I also ask him to bring America back to the times when it helped entire countries have food and goods they can afford when a prosperous country like America can reach down into their pockets and help people who can't make ends meet and to keep me well enough to make the best-designed quilts for children that I can. Many contemporary children do not have a father at home to teach them to play baseball and do good things for others, and the family that got 3 heaters have the greatest of good mothers. She goes to bat for them every way she can, and she comes over here once a week to help with keeping my floors vacuumed and/or mopped so she can pay her rent.

Found some pretty little quilts this evening, so I'm sharing online others' quilts again. sigh Found some really pretty ones at the Pendleton Quilt Show's awesome online teasers:

1703723682138.png

1703723763810.png

The one below is from the Sisters show, and it caught my eye because of the upper right American Flag (of course):

1703723895278.png

Look what I'm doing for my daughter's baby boy, due March 1! Love you always Mrs. Freedom Quilter...I remain inept. My next project is pillow cases (the roll up ones). I have moved kids out and set up a sewing room, only to immediately dismantle it THREE times now. But my youngest is moving out in about a month, to be married in July and my next youngest is married living amongst her husband's Venezuelan family 3 hours away.. so I am getting my sewing room again and it will be for good.

1000005486.jpg

Attachments

• 20240210_154512.jpg
    20240210_154512.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_101907.jpg
    20240208_101907.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_101948.jpg
    20240208_101948.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_102012.jpg
    20240208_102012.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_102156.jpg
    20240208_102156.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_102201.jpg
    20240208_102201.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240208_102255.jpg
    20240208_102255.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 1
Keep up the good work, Koshergrl. So glad you're back. Your articles will help assist your grandson-to-be someday, with familiarity with alphabets and the horses and animal faces will get him raring to go! Big group hug! :huddle:

I'm little by little working on a blue and bright yellow Charity Bees quilt, but have been suffering a bad cold and back pain due to age, so about the only thing I can do is play solitaire and sudoku to keep the brain function going. So glad you're back.

I'm little by little working on a blue and bright yellow Charity Bees quilt, but have been suffering a bad cold and back pain due to age, so about the only thing I can do is play solitaire and sudoku to keep the brain function going. So glad you're back.
I know so much about quilts. I sewed them and sold them for years. My best seller was called the Tennessee Waltz. by Judy Martin.
It was a ton of work. So much so- I had 3 men working in my kitchen. 1400 pieces.
One would sew the squares together- another one would sit there and snip the pieces apart. I supplied the beer- and they were happy! darn it- men can sew. LOL
till this day-I am still fascinated with the variations in the design. I look them up once in awhile.. luv

images (1).jpg
fun from my past!

It was a good friend- paid off my car? lol

Last edited:
I know so much about quilts. I sewed them and sold them for years. My best seller was called the Tennessee Waltz. by Judy Martin.
It was a ton of work. So much so- I had 3 men working in my kitchen. 1400 pieces.
One would sew the squares together- another one would sit there and snip the pieces apart. I supplied the beer- and they were happy! darn it- men can sew. LOL
till this day-I am still fascinated with the variations in the design. I look them up once in awhile.. luv

View attachment 900635 fun from my past!

It was a good friend- paid off my car? lol

Cyndi, if that's the Tennessee Waltz quilt, it's beautiful. Congratulations on your career in quiltmaking. Selling the quilts you make is so impressive to me! I seldom sell my quilts, but back when I was writing a series of simple books with applique patterns I designed, two of which earned blue ribbons at the WY state fair, and one of those also got the best of show, and another one got a viewer's favorite award.

The State Fair Wyoming Best of Show quilt was a Southwestern quilt I got from memories of school days in which we lived in the great Southwest area of Texas where my dad was Superintendent of schools, my 9th grade year, and I was fascinated by just about everything that is so different from our Houston home base, where we usually lived. We lived in a little town called Bruni one year, and Tilden the next. The school kids in Tilden got a real laugh when a spider dropped from the classroom ceiling to my desktop in which I screamed because it was a pretty big tarantula, and I'd never seen such a big spider in my life. With all the kids laughing at me, they explained their big spiders were everywhere, and sure enough, hardly a day passed that year when I didn't see a big spider, and I finally understood why they weren't afraid of holding one of those huge monsters in their hands. Although I just really didn't try that at all...... but after that year, I became interested in spiders, and I started liking spiders, but at a respectable distance, for sure. :auiqs.jpg: And the BOS Southwest quilt had a huge spider block, of course, even if it was a little on the geometric side as a design. I had taught classes twice on the Southwest Quilt book as a teaching tool for the classes I taught at my quilt store in Casper, Wyoming, which is still running by dear ladies who worked there during my tenure there. I got fibromyalgia there and we had to move back home to Texas to escape the cold, cruel winters that are an anathema to anyone who has the bad luck of getting fibro. The pain was 24/7/365, and winters were the most painful. When we retired and moved back home to Texas, I got a new doctor, and she diagnosed the cause of my fibromyalgia, arranged a surgery to remove a bad parathyroid gland, and a week after the surgery, I never had excruciating pain caused by fibro ever again. The parathyroid gland that grew out of control was because of too much calcium in the blood stream, and I'm not sure why that resulted in the kind of heinous pain I suffered for a total of 15 years in cold country.

And by the way, you're always welcome to post a picture of the quilt you are working on. The last pictures I showed were taken by my late husband. I'm rather the world's worst photographer, and I'm not going there. :lalala:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back