Art

I've always been a fan of Alberto Vargas.

My uncle is an artist whose work I have purchased, the rat bastard won't give any of us any thing, LOL. He does cities at night. The thumbnail is a sample of some of his work. This one is in Columbus, Ohio.

Attachments

• $Showtime-LG.jpg
    $Showtime-LG.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 88
I've always been a fan of Alberto Vargas.

My uncle is an artist whose work I have purchased, the rat bastard won't give any of us any thing, LOL. He does cities at night. The thumbnail is a sample of some of his work. This one is in Columbus, Ohio.

I like it !

Was in Rome in April. What amazed me most however was not the beauty of the Sistine Chapel but how many other little churches dotted around the centre of Rome also had stunningly beautiful painted ceilings.

As to which artists I like....

David Hockney. Saw an exhibition of his portraits at the National in London last year, among which was 'Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy' (which is really a lot bigger than I had anticipated)

gray6-23-2.jpg

What a pleasant thread.

I like this one alot

That almost looks pre-Raphaelite. I don't think it is but it reminds me of the school.

I would have posted the artist but it didn't say who it was. I don't have any education on art except that I like looking at all kinds of Art & Photographs. My Mother took me Art Museums and maybe that is how I started liking to look at Art so much.

I like this one alot

Ossie Clark and Celia Birtwell were major fashionistas (one designed clothes, the other fabrics, as I recall) in London in the 70s. Hockney's painting is not just beautiful, it is beautifully observed.

Notice the way he has framed it. The phone on Ossie's side, the flowers on Celia's. Bare wall on Ossie's side, a painting behind Celia. He sits barefooted, looking relaxed, while she is more formal and is standing. The use of light through the window behind creates a space between them, further emphasizing their separation. Though posing together, they are totally unalike, with different focuses and interests.

Less than 2 years later, Ossie and Celia got a divorce.

Ossie Clark and Celia Birtwell were major fashionistas (one designed clothes, the other fabrics, as I recall) in London in the 70s. Hockney's painting is not just beautiful, it is beautifully observed.

Notice the way he has framed it. The phone on Ossie's side, the flowers on Celia's. Bare wall on Ossie's side, a painting behind Celia. He sits barefooted, looking relaxed, while she is more formal and is standing. The use of light through the window behind creates a space between them, further emphasizing their separation. Though posing together, they are totally unalike, with different focuses and interests.

It felt like the 70's when I looked at it, and I love the colors and the feel of it. Was an interesting timeframe.

Thank you for the analysis. I love analyzing art and finding new things.

I would have posted the artist but it didn't say who it was. I don't have any education on art except that I like looking at all kinds of Art & Photographs. My Mother took me Art Museums and maybe that is how I started liking to look at Art so much.

Me either, if I see something that appeals to me I try to find out about it, that's as far as my education goes.

Who got the cat? :lol:

Nice.

How do you attach art here?

Anyone up for a favorite poems thread? I love poetry and collect it.

When I lived in the city, visiting art museums and galleries was a favorite activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you can start a favoriate poems thread in the writing section, I'll post some if you do.

Forum List

Back