Art Interpretation Time!

Abbey Normal said:
The border around him and the shattered glass at his feet show that he is walking through a looking glass. Like Alice, as he appears to be stepping into an alternate reality. This is also indicated by the fact that the "911" has obliterated his face.

Bottom line "artiste" interpretation: 9/11 altered Americ'a reality forever. If the artist is liberal, (and aren't they all?) he is probably saying that 9/11 woke even American business men us up to the rest of the world's problems. Poverty, etc., as is printed at the botom.
So, to you, 911 is undoubtedly tied to 9-11 and not just 911 as in a distress call?

The ClayTaurus said:

when I look at that pic I get a headachce. I see an artist who may have mixed various styles or concepts and tried to come up with a political/social statement. The piece just does nothing for me; except would motivate me to walk to another piece. It's mostly the headache I get from the colours, however.

:)

Abbey Normal said:
The border around him and the shattered glass at his feet show that he is walking through a looking glass. Like Alice, as he appears to be stepping into an alternate reality. This is also indicated by the fact that the "911" has obliterated his face.

Bottom line "artiste" interpretation: 9/11 altered Americ'a reality forever. If the artist is liberal, (and aren't they all?) he is probably saying that 9/11 woke even American business men us up to the rest of the world's problems. Poverty, etc., as is printed at the botom.
I can see that. Makes sense.

dmp said:
when I look at that pic I get a headachce. I see an artist who may have mixed various styles or concepts and tried to come up with a political/social statement. The piece just does nothing for me; except would motivate me to walk to another piece. It's mostly the headache I get from the colours, however.

:)
The headache may very well be part of his intent... those crazy artists.

The name of the piece is "Go Get 'Em Tiger"

Does this help/hurt anyone's interpretations?

Abbey Normal said:
Good point; it could easily be both. Which do you think it is?
I honestly have no clue, hence all the questions. I don't really see much of a connection for 9/11 the terror date in the rest of the picture, and think it seems more reasonable to assume that 911 is referring to an emergency call or a call of distress or whatever, but then again, it could just be a 9-11 inference. The date for the piece is 2004, I believe, so it's a bit removed from 9-11. It could go either way; it's why I'm interested in what people think. It's a good conversation piece, I think, whether you hate it or love it.

I was looking through a website for potential computer wallpaper, and this one just left me with so many questions about what it's all about. I think there are multiple meanings you could easily infer from it, so I figured it'd be interesting to see what people thought about it here.

The ClayTaurus said:
I honestly have no clue, hence all the questions. I don't really see much of a connection for 9/11 the terror date in the rest of the picture, and think it seems more reasonable to assume that 911 is referring to an emergency call or a call of distress or whatever, but then again, it could just be a 9-11 inference. The date for the piece is 2004, I believe, so it's a bit removed from 9-11. It could go either way; it's why I'm interested in what people think. It's a good conversation piece, I think, whether you hate it or love it.

I was looking through a website for potential computer wallpaper, and this one just left me with so many questions about what it's all about. I think there are multiple meanings you could easily infer from it, so I figured it'd be interesting to see what people thought about it here.

Its a fun idea for a thread. You should post more if run across any. :thup:

New Topics

Forum List

Back