Arsenals of Democracy

The best way to insure that CEO's and workers are getting realistic market wages is to let the market work. Which in GM and Ford's case means bankruptcy and reorganization.
ACtually I agree with that, but not in the way you imagine.

Yeah, this decade. That's going to change so fast you won't believe it, though. That ethnocentric arrogance keeps getting us White boys into trouble, ya know.

Our nuclear umbrella is about as useful as teats on boar. Or haven't you noticed that the game has changed, yet?

They are going to turn on us the moment they don't need us...which if our economy doesn't improvbe, is going to be by 2020.

Yeah? So their assembly plants are commandeered. What about the plants that used to make the parts? They're long out of business here in America.

There's some validity to that complaint, to be sure.

These bailouts are being designed to fail, I think.

Are you really this dumb or just that uninformed?

America will be the only nation on earth in your or anyone else's lifetime that can project force beyond it's own shores. Only China, Japan, and Germany even remotely possesses the financial wherewithall to create one and none of them has the interest. And if they did it would be decades to make it happen.

China and the US are economic symbiots. And China is basically the parasite. They don't survive at all without us. We would, but things would not be good, as we've grown addicted to cheap plastic crap and clothing.

We now have the capability to block almost all the small nuclear arsenals that make up the bulk of the nuclear club member's force, including China and still possess a fully capable attack force every bit as potent as it ever was. And still maintain the world's only conventional force projection.

We're not going anywhere and the US will remain the main cog in the global engine for a long time to come yet....

Yeah, this decade. That's going to change so fast you won't believe it, though. That ethnocentric arrogance keeps getting us White boys into trouble, ya know.

If you have some evidence that the Chinese are planning on imperialism via the barrel of a gun, or on projecting their forces beyond their own borders, let me know. In addition I would like to know what the Chinese or Russians could get from an invasion or blockade of the US. Anything we have, Russia has more of. Coal, timber, oil, etc. A lot of our wealth is intangible stuff that the Chinese can own by simply copying it.

Also, what keeps getting america into wars thus far has mostly been it's own government.

Our nuclear umbrella is about as useful as teats on boar. Or haven't you noticed that the game has changed, yet?

If you're talking about terrorists, sure.

However if you're talking about conventional nation-states, nukes have proven themselves as a very effective deterrent.

Last edited:
If you have some evidence that the Chinese are planning on imperialism via the barrel of a gun, or on projecting their forces beyond their own borders, let me know. In addition I would like to know what the Chinese or Russians could get from an invasion or blockade of the US. Anything we have, Russia has more of. Coal, timber, oil, etc. A lot of our wealth is intangible stuff that the Chinese can own by simply copying it.

Also, what keeps getting america into wars thus far has mostly been it's own government.

If you're talking about terrorists, sure.

However if you're talking about conventional nation-states, nukes have proven themselves as a very effective deterrent.

Some confuse Japanese culture with Chinese culture. Japan has always been imperialistic. The Chinese have NEVER been imperialistic. They spend the vast majority of their defense budget on DEFENSIVE systems. Most to protect themselves from Russia and Japan, not the US. What offensive efforts they make are to be able to project force into Central Asia to protect energy access ... and to counter India, another old world Chinese competitor. The US has been China's closest ally throughout much of its modern history.

New Topics

Forum List

Back