Arrogant, insensitive, entitled white people

You said Democrats and Liberals aren't the same, your assertion, your burden of proof, but hey if you can't prove it you can't prove it. I was sort of amazed that you even tried.

When have I ever said liberals are evil? Truth be told I'm in agreement with about half of the 'liberal' positions you listed, so what does that mean if I think liberals are evil?

And just curious, did I miss the memo and 'partisan hackery' is the word of the day? Or is it more like if you say it enough times it becomes true?

I proved my assertion, you chose to not believe it. At this point, I agree with Del, google it and stfu about it if you want to know so badly. It's not my job to do shit if you don't want to listen to what I say and just repeat the same shit over and over again.

It doesn't surprise me that you libs can't see past a person's color. You are the REAL racists.

To most white Americans, color is invisible except when dealing with people of color because they only see the color of nonwhites and forget they[whites] have a color. They somehow see themselves as what is the personification of normal and everyone else as deviants from that norm when then are the minority in the world.

Way too many white people in the USA are arrogant about the advantages they have, insensitive to challenges faced by minority groups and have a huge sense of entitlement to what they deserve in our society.

In a general sense whites have advantages in our society that minorities do not. Divisiveness between races is caused by whites not acknowledging the advantage and trying to understand the challenges of minorities.

So what is your solution? Besides blaming white people I mean.

Instead of being a coward playing the victim yourself[which is surprising considering the fact that you are accusing blacks of it] and being a coward why not acknowledge the fact that the race problem in America in a problem is a problem that the white man started and created, not the non-whites who are sick and tired of being victimized by it and getting the short end of the stick? Thats the biggest problem of some whites in America and South Africa, their failure to acknowledge that whites are responsible for the causes that led to the conditions and social and economic positions of non-whites, Malcolm X said it best:

I think that the guilt complex of the American white man is so profound until when you begin to analyze the real condition of the black man in America instead of the American white man eliminating the causes that create that condition, he tries to cover it up by accusing his accusers of teaching hate but actually they are just exposing him for being responsible for what exist.

we've (white people), at least many of us, have tried to get past feeling guilty for our ancestors' crimes-- u should too-- being a coward is hiding behind an easy out which is: "it's the white man trying to keep the black man down" for why u can't get ahead in society-- in the case of Gates and his "tumultuous" behavior i think it was a case of: "me thinks thou doth protest too much"-- once he'd uttered, either in anger, tiredness or both that that cop was a "racist" he was caught in his own web of cowardice from which he could not escape, especially in front of witnesses, without continuing on the path of his own distruction-- this coward to this day is still trying to malign a good man who was doing his job to the best of his ability and self-righteous bloviators like charlie bass just exacerbate the moment-- i don't think charlie realizes how offensive he sounds to many white people when he defends an advantaged black Harvard professor and the most powerful man in the world, a black president of the United States (elected by whites) and tries to accuse a "regular joe" working white man that he was "keeping the black man down"-- it's absurd, not only on it's face, but shows him and his kind have problems recognizing what goes on in the real world and what we've become-- many of u folks will never let it go-- never-- for some sick twisted reason u use ur masochism as a way to try to "top from the bottom"-- many of us whites simply won't buy into ur garbage anymore-- equal rights under the law is what u've got-- and that's all u'll get-- no more apologies, no more reparations, no more scewered test scores for jobs-- that's it-- if u want to be equal American citizens and not be noticed for ur skin color my advice would be to put ur nose to the grindstone, accept that not all in life is fair for anybody, stop ur whining and "mutt the fuck up"-- Regards, probus ps. if Officer Cowley goes to that White House ambush set up i guarentee u no good will come of it for him-- only for cowards like Gates who wants to remain living in the past

Last edited:
we've (white people), at least many of us, have tried to get past feeling guilty for our ancestors' crimes-- u should too-- being a coward is hiding behind an easy out which is: "it's the white man trying to keep the black man down" for why u can't get ahead in society-- in the case of Gates and his "tumultuous" behavior i think it was a case of: "me thinks thou doth protest too much"-- once he'd uttered, either in anger, tiredness or both that that cop was a "racist" he was caught in his own web of cowardice from which he could not escape, especially in front of witnesses, without continuing on the path of his own distruction-- this coward to this day is still trying to malign a good man who was doing his job to the best of his ability and self-righteous bloviators like charlie bass just exacerbate the moment-- i don't think charlie realizes how offensive he sounds to many white people when he defends an advantaged black Harvard professor and the most powerful man in the world, a black president of the United States (elected by whites) and tries to accuse a "regular joe" working white man that he was "keeping the black man down"-- it's absurd, not only on it's face, but shows him and his kind have problems recognizing what goes on in the real world and what we've become-- many of u folks will never let it go-- never-- for some sick twisted reason u use ur masochism as a way to try to "top from the bottom"-- many of us whites simply won't buy into ur garbage anymore-- equal rights under the law is what u've got-- and that's all u'll get-- no more apologies, no more reparations, no more scewered test scores for jobs-- that's it-- if u want to be equal American citizens and not be noticed for ur skin color my advice would be to put ur nose to the grindstone, accept that not all in life is fair for anybody, stop ur whining and "mutt the fuck up"-- Regards, probus ps. if Officer Cowley goes to that White House ambush set up i guarentee u no good will come of it for him-- only for cowards like Gates who wants to remain living in the past

Listen coward, nobody wants white people today to feel sorry for what your ancestors did years ago, the only thing wanted is for whites today to put an end to the causes that lead to the conditions and actually admit that your ancestors as well as some whites today are responsible for what things are today, people of color are not responsible for the condition, they just live in them and survive the best they can in them.

yeah tough guy?-- and how many "mea culpas" will be enough for u (if u don't know what that means, contact the much put upon Professor Gates as i'm sure he'll know the meaning)?-- we all live with what we have and try to get better, but whining and crying about the past doesn't help u or urs-- hell, guys like u are so terrified of being "dissed" or having the spotlight of "prejudice" kept on u that u can't even accept the fact that maybe homosexuals feel oppressed too as u make clear in ur "signature" remark-- u guys need ALL the sympathy and ALL the breaks, yes?-- u guys need ALL the media on ur side-- u guys need ALL the rules and laws bent ur way, don't u?-- u guys need the whole country to be black before u'll ever stop ur incessant blubbering about the past and even then u'd have some blacks feeling superior to their brothers (just like they do today)-- this whole thing is more about class than it is about race-- and money and power don't get u respect when u go ballistic on a police officer-- Gates has no class-- oh, he has money and power, but he'll never have class-- no matter how many tea parties he goes to in Cambridge or how many R&R vacations he goes to at Martha's Vineyard he'll never feel equal and nothing will ever be enough for him or his kind-- Regards, probus

Way too many white people in the USA are arrogant about the advantages they have, insensitive to challenges faced by minority groups and have a huge sense of entitlement to what they deserve in our society.

In a general sense whites have advantages in our society that minorities do not. Divisiveness between races is caused by whites not acknowledging the advantage and trying to understand the challenges of minorities.

Instead of being a coward playing the victim yourself[which is surprising considering the fact that you are accusing blacks of it] and being a coward why not acknowledge the fact that the race problem in America in a problem is a problem that the white man started and created, not the non-whites who are sick and tired of being victimized by it and getting the short end of the stick? Thats the biggest problem of some whites in America and South Africa, their failure to acknowledge that whites are responsible for the causes that led to the conditions and social and economic positions of non-whites, Malcolm X said it best:

I think that the guilt complex of the American white man is so profound until when you begin to analyze the real condition of the black man in America instead of the American white man eliminating the causes that create that condition, he tries to cover it up by accusing his accusers of teaching hate but actually they are just exposing him for being responsible for what exist.

Please point out where I played the victim. Please point out where I am accusing black people of playing the victim.

Is your reading comprehension that atrocious that you can't even correctly interpret a one sentence post?

Please point out where I played the victim. Please point out where I am accusing black people of playing the victim.

Is your reading comprehension that atrocious that you can't even correctly interpret a one sentence post?

Continually accusing people of blaming the white man is playing the victim role, now stop trolling.

Continually accusing people of blaming the white man is playing the victim role, now stop trolling.

Continually accusing? Mr. Bass, it was his own words. Since you seem to have a problem reading, let me take the time to point it out for you:

He said:
Divisiveness between races is caused by whites not acknowledging the advantage and trying to understand the challenges of minorities.

And since you seem to have a serious problem with reading comprehension I'll point it out to you yet again:

Divisiveness between races is caused by whites...

Now Mr. Bass, please tell me how he is NOT blaming white people for the problem he described. Go ahead. I'd be curious to see your spin on this one.

Continually accusing? Mr. Bass, it was his own words. Since you seem to have a problem reading, let me take the time to point it out for you:

He said:
Divisiveness between races is caused by whites not acknowledging the advantage and trying to understand the challenges of minorities.

And since you seem to have a serious problem with reading comprehension I'll point it out to you yet again:

Now Mr. Bass, please tell me how he is NOT blaming white people for the problem he described. Go ahead. I'd be curious to see your spin on this one.

What he said was the truth, not blaming white people, to think otherwise is playing the victim.

He said:

What he said was the truth, not blaming white people, to think otherwise is playing the victim.

Mr Bass, you had a golden opportunity to man up, and you decided to pass it by.

Lets say it is the truth. How is it still not blaming white people???

You simply can't spin fast enough to get out of this one. He blamed white people. Period. Doesn't matter if you think what he said was true or not. You can't get around the fact that he placed the blame solely on white people. Now the question becomes do you agree that the blame rests solely on white people?

You said Democrats and Liberals aren't the same, your assertion, your burden of proof, but hey if you can't prove it you can't prove it. I was sort of amazed that you even tried.

When have I ever said liberals are evil? Truth be told I'm in agreement with about half of the 'liberal' positions you listed, so what does that mean if I think liberals are evil?

And just curious, did I miss the memo and 'partisan hackery' is the word of the day? Or is it more like if you say it enough times it becomes true?

I proved my assertion, you chose to not believe it. At this point, I agree with Del, google it and stfu about it if you want to know so badly. It's not my job to do shit if you don't want to listen to what I say and just repeat the same shit over and over again.

You didn't prove anything, you gave an opinion. And what you and apparently Del don't seem to be getting is that I'm not Googling it because I don't care. I already have my opinion, if you want to assert that my opinion is incorrect the burden of proof is yours. So you can either provide some actual proof (maybe links to platform position from where ever it is Democrats keep that stuff) or... what was that eloquent phrase? oh right, stfu. :)

I've noticed that it's generally uneducated, stupid, ignorant, lazy motherfuckers with no intention of getting off their asses and doing something to better themselves and becoming a real role model for their own race who blame the White Man for all their problems.

I've also noticed that Blacks who do well tend to move away and abandon their own race. Perhaps you should be taking your problem up with them.

I would very much like to respond to this thread, but reading it has manifested an uncontrollable urge to forget about all the problems in the world by going fishing.

The lake beckons and the world will survive without me today.

With that being said minorities need to understand the challenges we all face including whites. We all must attempt to understand the circumstances of people different from us.

At the end of the day we all must realize life is not fair and go out and do the best we can dispite the unfair challenges we face.

We cannot use the unfair challenges to do nothing.

Hell, I thought this was another thread about me.:lol:

Damned right I'm insensitive to your prattling and whining. Get over yourself.

Michael Mechanic

Oakland, Calif. — From Friday's Globe and Mail
Last updated on Friday, Jul. 24, 2009 03:16AM EDT

.Smiling triumphantly, I opened the front door only to stare straight down the barrel of a police 9mm. I don't think I said a word. Just slowly put my hands in the air. Let the officer cuff me and put me in the back seat of his cruiser.

The scene was Emeryville, Calif. It was 1993, and I'd just entered an unlocked upstairs window to gain entry to the residence where my companion was house-sitting. We'd accidentally locked the keys inside. The neighbours didn't know that, though. They just saw an unfamiliar white man trying to get in. Eventually, I was released, humiliated to be treated like a criminal, but I knew better than to get righteous on a police officer. As I'd learned the hard way four years earlier, that's a losing game.

Flashback to a Sunday in the summer of 1989, when police had reported to the West Oakland Bay Area Rapid Transit station parking lot in response to noise complaints about an afternoon party across the street. Juke, my old punk-rock band, was playing at a run-down rental house along with Green Day (in its pre-stadium days) and a couple of others. After we finished our set, I wandered across the street with a friend. That's when an altercation of other partygoers broke out in the BART lot, not 100 feet from several Oakland police cruisers.

The cops did nothing to stop the fight, but we helped separate the brawling parties, and the cops detained them. Shortly after, with observers crowding around the lot, one officer walked a full circle around my friend, then told him to take a hike or get arrested. At the first word of protest out of his mouth, the officer grabbed and cuffed him.

This struck me as completely unjust, so I spoke up. “Why are you arresting him? He didn't do anything”

“Shut the f--- up,” said a couple other officers.

I wasn't finished. “I have a right to know why you're arresting my friend.”

They tackled me from behind, and twisted my arm painfully behind my back. Somebody kicked my head into the pavement, leaving a large welt on my forehead. I was cuffed - so tightly it hurt for weeks - and thrown in the back seat of a cruiser piloted by one Officer Jim Burns.

“Name?” he demanded. I had no wallet or ID on me.

“Michael Mechanic.”

“NAME” he repeated.

“Michael Mechanic.”

“I'll just put John Doe, then,” he said.

“It's my f------ name” I responded.

I proceeded, through tears, to taunt Officer Burns, equate him to a Nazi, question his education, upbringing and patriotism. In retrospect, I was lucky he didn't take me to some vacant lot and beat me to a pulp. Because he could have.

Long story short, I was transferred to a stinking police van and driven around the city for hours, with no bathroom breaks, until it was packed with crackheads. I then spent the night in the city jail and was charged with interfering with the police - a felony - and resisting arrest and public intoxication, which was entirely fabricated. Because they can. In the end, it cost $1,500 to hire a lawyer to convince the DA none of it was worth pursuing.

I was shell-shocked by the whole experience. It took me a long time to get over it, but it taught me an important lesson, one that many a poor black kid in Oakland learns from an early age: You don't talk back to the police. You don't question them. And you certainly don't call them racist, even if you think they're profiling you. (And they most likely are.)

Because you will lose. It doesn't matter whether you're a prominent black Harvard prof, a white kid on his way to attend graduate school or a Hispanic high-school dropout. I understand the indignation of Henry Louis Gates Jr., the Harvard prof arrested last week on disorderly conduct charges, which were dropped after an officer established that Mr. Gates had not broken into his own Cambridge, Mass., home. Mr. Gates, however, has clout in the Cambridge community, and he could have brought his complaints straight to the brass or to local politicians. (And speaking of clout, even Barack Obama weighed in on the Gates case during a White House news conference on Wednesday – he accused the police of acting “stupidly.”)

But get righteous on a street cop and you will lose every single time. Henry Gates should have known as much.

Michael Mechanic is a senior editor at Mother Jones magazine.

"Henry Louis Gates Jr., the Harvard prof arrested last week on disorderly conduct charges, which were dropped after an officer established that Mr. Gates had not broken into his own Cambridge, Mass., home."

Wrong. Charges were dropped because no crime had been committed. At least not by Gates.

Forum List

Back