Arrogant, insensitive, entitled white people

I used to be a Humphrey democrat, until I got out into the world and found out who really pays the bills.

Does that make me a "hypocrite" too??

Changing one's politics views at a relatively young adult age isn't hypocritical.

I'd say it's hypocritical for example if you're for certain things when a governor of a Liberal state but then against those same things when you run for President in a Conservative party. :eusa_whistle:

Barr turned on the republicans in general, and Bush in particular, because they went back on a lot of the promises that they've been making over the last 15 years or so.

As he pointed out numerous times -with congressional records to support him- he only threw in with USAPATRIOT act under the conditions that it be used exclusively for terrorism cases and that strict reporting to congress on its use would occur....Both of which were promptly ignored.

The party left him, not the other way around.

Barr turned on the republicans in general, and Bush in particular, because they went back on a lot of the promises that they've been making over the last 15 years or so.

As he pointed out numerous times -with congressional records to support him- he only threw in with USAPATRIOT act under the conditions that it be used exclusively for terrorism cases and that strict reporting to congress on its use would occur....Both of which were promptly ignored.

The party left him, not the other way around.

:lol: Actually, I was referring to Romney. Besides Barr was from Georgia, a Republican state.

Unless you were referring to my earlier statement about Barr, and are responding to it now.

For Barr though, it's more than just the US Patriot Act. He's supported a lot over the years that he now is against as a Libertarian. My problem with voting for someone like that is how do you know they wouldn't have a complete change again while in office? Especially since if he was somehow elected into office in 2012, it'd be all Republicans and Democrats in Congress still. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything. I'm glad he's speaking out against the injustices that have occurred and all.

Though if Obama continues his current ways into 2012, then I'll probably vote for Barr if he runs again over Obama, and whichever Republican the GOP throws out there.

Last edited:
You don't know....But that hasn't stopped people from falling into line and voting in demo-publicans who promptly go back on the isues that they campaigned upon.

And if he were elected, you can bet your ass that a lot of the political duopoly would join in and oppose him at every turn.....The best example of this is Jesse Ventura, who had more vetoes overriden in Minnesota history.

But the mirage of the "great differences" between the parties has been too carefully cultivated to ever let such a thing happen nationally.

You don't know....But that hasn't stopped people from falling into line and voting in demo-publicans who promptly go back on the isues that they campaigned upon.

And if he were elected, you can bet your ass that a lot of the political duopoly would join in and oppose him at every turn.....The best example of this is Jesse Ventura, who had more vetoes overriden in Minnesota history.

But the mirage of the "great differences" between the parties has been too carefully cultivated to ever let such a thing happen nationally.

Jesse Ventura is a man I wouldn't mind seeing run. A fiscal conservative and social Liberal. Hell, the man would probably get my vote if his policies stayed the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura#Political_career

I loved his statement on the Howard Stern show about Gays in the Military which to me represents how good of a candidate he is. Something along the lines of how he would've gladly served alongside homosexuals when he was a Navy SEAL as they would've provided less competition for women.

The only thing about Ventura's vetoes is that reputation comes from his last two years in office.

And it's things like this which makes me want to vote for him more:

Ventura vetoed a bill to require recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools, saying:

"I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief. A patriot shows their patriotism through their actions, by their choice. No law will make a citizen a patriot".

Last edited:
Doesn't matter...It clearly demonstrates that when push comes to shove, the (D)s and (R)s are playing on the same team.

Jesse lost my support when he started paling the victim card, viz. the MN media, his last year or so in office....Very un-frogman like.

Way too many white people in the USA are arrogant about the advantages they have, insensitive to challenges faced by minority groups and have a huge sense of entitlement to what they deserve in our society.

Not insensitive...indifferent

In a general sense whites have advantages in our society that minorities do not.

In the general sense so general that it cannot be described?

Divisiveness between races is caused by whites not acknowledging the advantage and trying to understand the challenges of minorities.

That, and we've got what they've not.

With that being said minorities need to understand the challenges we all face including whites. We all must attempt to understand the circumstances of people different from us.

Asking a lot of some folks, that is.

At the end of the day we all must realize life is not fair and go out and do the best we can dispite the unfair challenges we face.

Have fun storming the castle, kids. I'll make tea.

We cannot use the unfair challenges to do nothing.

That's right. An unfair challenge is a terrible thing to waste.

Doesn't matter...It clearly demonstrates that when push comes to shove, the (D)s and (R)s are playing on the same team.

Jesse lost my support when he started paling the victim card, viz. the MN media, his last year or so in office....Very un-frogman like.

Well that's what I'm saying. The (D)s and (R)s don't want the status quo changed because it keeps them in power. The same goes here in Rhode Island where getting a candidate on a ticket is highly difficult due to the draconian laws. I also don't see the majority Democratic state reps changing it either.

It probably makes them Libertarians.

Can you go back and show the Democratic party polices that aren't liberal in nature? I'd be interested in seeing that analysis.

The Libertarians also happen to have their own party. Not all of the Libertarians are apart of it yet, but give it time.

Policies where the Democrats and Liberals differ:

1.) Gay Marriage - Right off the bat, real Liberals are in support of Gay Marriage. Personally, I'd prefer we just make all "marriages" civil unions, with everybody (man/man, woman/woman, man/woman) getting the same rights. If you want to get married, go to the church. However, in lieu of that, I support Gay Marriage.

So... what is the official Democratic party position?

2.) Liberals are against the US Patriot Act that was passed with the help of Democrats.

Don't care about 'then' we're here in the now. What is the official Democratic party position?

3.) Ending the War on Drugs - This should of been done a long time ago. Many Democrats are against ending it though.

Interesting... What is the official Democratic party position?

4.) Abolishing the Death Penalty, even Obama is for the Death Penalty in certain cases.
I've heard of this Obama guy. What is the official Democratic party position?

5.) Democrats were in support of the War in Iraq, Liberals aren't.
Don't care about 'then' we're here in the now. What is the official Democratic party position?

6.) Democrats have taken off the table long ago, the idea of a single-payer not-for-profit system for Universal Health Care.
I don't see the relevance of this. The question isn't "What do Liberals support that Democrats do not". So, let's stick to platform issues.

7.) Don't Ask, Don't Tell - Implemented by a Democrat, Liberals oppose it.

8.) Abortion - There are a good number of Democrats that are Pro-Life, Liberals are generally Pro-Choice.
What is the official Democratic party position?

9.) Democrats continue to take bribes otherwise known as "campaign contributions" from lobbyists which is not a Liberal position. The Health Care debate is a sign of several Democrats on the Health Care Industry payroll. I am all for banning campaign contributions from companies or lobbyists.
I don't see the relevance of this. The question isn't "What do Liberals support that Democrats do not". So, let's stick to platform issues.

10.) Legalizing Medical Marijuana or Marijuana in general, along with stopping raids on states that have legalized Medical Marijuana. Many Democrats are against legalization and want the raids to continue, Liberals don't.

That's only the things off the top top of my head. The problem with your question that you pose is there are several degrees of Democrats. Several Democrats who are actually Liberals agree with what I stated above, others don't. It's much like the differences between Libertarians and Republicans in the Republican party. Too broad of a brush you're painting with.

I think you missed the point. I don't care about your off the top of your head opinions in this case, I want to know what the party line is. Every single thing you said was liberal is what I hear Democrats saying. I'm sure there's some disagreement here and there, it's bound to happen, but the Democrats that aren't in lockstep with everything you said was liberal must be truly few and far between because I'm yet to meet 1.

And I don't care about Obama is for the death penalty or so and so Senator is against pot. I'm talking about real people, like as in We The People. Not the ruling class on the hill that will say or do anything to stay in power.

They're definitely insensitive to the people who earned the money that they expropriate, under the phony guise of "compassion".

Bingo.

It's also insensitive to keep giving a man a fish and making him dependent on you instead of actually helping him by teaching him to fish. But those dependent people sometimes vote so it's hardly about compassion, it's about amassing political power.

I am a firm believer that everybody able in society should know how to fish. (teach them to fish, don't give them a fish)

But we need to understand that everyone's fishing hole is a little different. Some fishing holes require more work.

But if we have to work harder to catch our fish it does not mean we don't fish and expect someone to give us a fish. That is fishing and we all need to learn to deal with it.

This thread is about fishing not Baby Boomers. Alagorial.

You're lucky I popped in and said what I said. Without my instigating this thread would have died under it's own ponderous weight after 2 pages. You need to learn how to write an OP that sizzles.

But to your point...

We don't need to understand that everyone's fishing hole is a little different. We need to not be concerning ourselves with such petty bullshit. So what if someone else has it a little easier. So what if someone else has it a little harder. Things tend to even out and in a case where it doesn't... so what? There's nothing to understand except that's life.

Bingo.

It's also insensitive to keep giving a man a fish and making him dependent on you instead of actually helping him by teaching him to fish. But those dependent people sometimes vote so it's hardly about compassion, it's about amassing political power.

I am a firm believer that everybody able in society should know how to fish. (teach them to fish, don't give them a fish)

But we need to understand that everyone's fishing hole is a little different. Some fishing holes require more work.

But if we have to work harder to catch our fish it does not mean we don't fish and expect someone to give us a fish. That is fishing and we all need to learn to deal with it.

This thread is about fishing not Baby Boomers. Alagorial.

You're lucky I popped in and said what I said. Without my instigating this thread would have died under it's own ponderous weight after 2 pages. You need to learn how to write an OP that sizzles.

But to your point...

We don't need to understand that everyone's fishing hole is a little different. We need to not be concerning ourselves with such petty bullshit. So what if someone else has it a little easier. So what if someone else has it a little harder. Things tend to even out and in a case where it doesn't... so what? There's nothing to understand except that's life.
So now you're an anarchist?

Amanda, it is quite obvious I listed the "Democratic Position". Your partisan hackery is just making you believe the BS idea that Liberals are evil. I'm not going to go down the line, one by one getting the information you'll just ignore or too lazy to get yourself. It's called being informed.

I find it amazingly ironic that someone who speaks out against handouts of the sort is asking someone else to do all the work for them.

It probably makes them Libertarians.

Can you go back and show the Democratic party polices that aren't liberal in nature? I'd be interested in seeing that analysis.

The Libertarians also happen to have their own party. Not all of the Libertarians are apart of it yet, but give it time.

1.) Gay Marriage - Right off the bat, real Liberals are in support of Gay Marriage. Personally, I'd prefer we just make all "marriages" civil unions, with everybody (man/man, woman/woman, man/woman) getting the same rights. If you want to get married, go to the church. However, in lieu of that, I support Gay Marriage.

10.) Legalizing Medical Marijuana or Marijuana in general, along with stopping raids on states that have legalized Medical Marijuana. Many Democrats are against legalization and want the raids to continue, Liberals don't.

That's only the things off the top top of my head. The problem with your question that you pose is there are several degrees of Democrats. Several Democrats who are actually Liberals agree with what I stated above, others don't. It's much like the differences between Libertarians and Republicans in the Republican party. Too broad of a brush you're painting with.

I think you missed the point. I don't care about your off the top of your head opinions in this case, I want to know what the party line is. Every single thing you said was liberal is what I hear Democrats saying. I'm sure there's some disagreement here and there, it's bound to happen, but the Democrats that aren't in lockstep with everything you said was liberal must be truly few and far between because I'm yet to meet 1.

And I don't care about Obama is for the death penalty or so and so Senator is against pot. I'm talking about real people, like as in We The People. Not the ruling class on the hill that will say or do anything to stay in power.

well then why don't you google it and stfu?

Amanda, it is quite obvious I listed the "Democratic Position". Your partisan hackery is just making you believe the BS idea that Liberals are evil. I'm not going to go down the line, one by one getting the information you'll just ignore or too lazy to get yourself. It's called being informed.

I find it amazingly ironic that someone who speaks out against handouts of the sort is asking someone else to do all the work for them.

You said Democrats and Liberals aren't the same, your assertion, your burden of proof, but hey if you can't prove it you can't prove it. I was sort of amazed that you even tried.

When have I ever said liberals are evil? Truth be told I'm in agreement with about half of the 'liberal' positions you listed, so what does that mean if I think liberals are evil?

And just curious, did I miss the memo and 'partisan hackery' is the word of the day? Or is it more like if you say it enough times it becomes true?

Wasn't my assertion to prove.

Wasn't my assertion to prove.

okay, then just stfu.

Forum List

Back