ARRGGHHHH!! It's snowin' like a mo-fo here.

Now if that was ice on the streets, yes, stay home if you can. But otherwise? come on! :)

It's a little differant down here in the south. One snow flake and everything shuts down. Bread and milk are always the big salers. Why I really don't know.

It's the same thing here. Put snow in the forecast, and the stations tell everyone to stock up on bread, eggs, and milk.

It must be a St Louis thing that everyone eats French Toast when it snows.

we are supposed to get slammed with snow in the wee hours of the morning here....I'm on the coast and they are saying we will have Blizzard conditions....

I am looking forward to it.....I miss our Blizzards..... :D

we have not had much snow at all this year....maybe about 5-6 accumulated inches from several different snow falls, at most!

tomorrow early am, we are suppose to get 10"-14".

Isn't that too funny? Same thing happens here. Do people really think they are going to be stranded for WEEKS? We prob. have enough food in the pantry and freezer to survive two months!

My husband - the control freak - is getting a little testy because he can't control the weather. He wants the troops packed and ready in case - by some miracle - we can catch an earlier flight. It's horrible right now. Tomorrow will prob. be better. Errr!

Now if that was ice on the streets, yes, stay home if you can. But otherwise? come on! :)

It's a little differant down here in the south. One snow flake and everything shuts down. Bread and milk are always the big salers. Why I really don't know.

It's the same thing here. Put snow in the forecast, and the stations tell everyone to stock up on bread, eggs, and milk.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes Jillian. That was a joke. But as you must know, many people/organizations still use that "misnomer".

We're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. My husband wants to see if we can get out tonight, but I have a feeling tonight will be the worst of it. Ugh!

well, i hope you get out safely. they're saying that 3 pm today til 5 tomorrow morning will be the worst of it. i'm going out shopping this morning. the boy outgrew his snow boots so we will hopefully find a pair for him.

they're saying 11 to 17 inches here now. :eek:

How do you get around there, Jill? Car or subway?

i'm not in manhattan. i drive everywhere. lol.. i think i've been on a train twice in the last five years.

well, i hope you get out safely. they're saying that 3 pm today til 5 tomorrow morning will be the worst of it. i'm going out shopping this morning. the boy outgrew his snow boots so we will hopefully find a pair for him.

they're saying 11 to 17 inches here now. :eek:

i'm not in manhattan. i drive everywhere. lol.. i think i've been on a train twice in the last five years.

The reason I asked is Letterman said the other night, it's up to $1000 a month to park now in NYC.

:eek: Jeezus.

Don't laugh it ain't funny. Peple panic around here two people go fo the last loaf of two day old bread fight ensues news a 11 bad stuff very bad stuff.

The reason I asked is Letterman said the other night, it's up to $1000 a month to park now in NYC.

:eek: Jeezus.

i pay about $300 a month where i work. less where i live. i don't know whst they charge around the museums.

Last edited:

Don't laugh it ain't funny. Peple panic around here two people go fo the last loaf of two day old bread fight ensues news a 11 bad stuff very bad stuff.

I STILL think it is FUNNY! :lol:

I have always been a "girlscout/boyscout" type person and prepared! Even when I lived in Florida for near 20 years, always had my emergency kit for hurricanes in order, and have always had ready made food stocked and water for emergencies....so when we moved up here to New England, with a few minor additions to the Northeast emergency stockpile, like making certain I have plenty of firewood in case of loosing the electric and carrying a small shovel and a 50lb bag of Kittie litter in my trunk to weigh the car down and to use if I get stuck....I'm usually always prepared.

I think it is FUNNY that Rat in the Hat even KNEW how to make French Toast as well!!!! :D Oh boy oh boy.....that was a good chuckle!

I have always been a "girlscout/boyscout" type person and prepared! Even when I lived in Florida for near 20 years, always had my emergency kit for hurricanes in order, and have always had ready made food stocked and water for emergencies....so when we moved up here to New England, with a few minor additions to the Northeast emergency stockpile, like making certain I have plenty of firewood in case of loosing the electric and carrying a small shovel and a 50lb bag of Kittie litter in my trunk to weigh the car down and to use if I get stuck....I'm usually always prepared.

I think it is FUNNY that Rat in the Hat even KNEW how to make French Toast as well!!!! :D Oh boy oh boy.....that was a good chuckle!

Are you kidding? I love French Toast!

I just can't understand why they don't tell people to buy cinnamon, vanilla and powdered sugar when they're stocking up. :lol:

I just can't understand why they don't tell people to buy cinnamon, vanilla and powdered sugar when they're stocking up. :lol:

thats how we do it around here.

Made it home. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Roads weren't bad...they never really are. It's the idiots that don't know how to drive that make them dangerous. You have those who are still driving 75 mph, combined with the blue hairs who freak out, put on their hazards, straddle two lanes (???) and then drive 20 mph. Combine the two and it can get hairy.

I Even stopped by the grocery store for some eggs, sausage, milk, biscuits and a good book. Then stopped by the firewood place and loaded up. I only asked for the $10 stack, but the amigos working there must have been in the holiday spirit, because I think they gave me 1-1/2 stacks.

Hold your horses, bub!

I never sent you any well wishes!

Made it home. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Roads weren't bad...they never really are. It's the idiots that don't know how to drive that make them dangerous. You have those who are still driving 75 mph, combined with the blue hairs who freak out, put on their hazards, straddle two lanes (???) and then drive 20 mph. Combine the two and it can get hairy.

I Even stopped by the grocery store for some eggs, sausage, milk, biscuits and a good book. Then stopped by the firewood place and loaded up. I only asked for the $10 stack, but the amigos working there must have been in the holiday spirit, because I think they gave me 1-1/2 stacks.

Hold your horses, bub!

I never sent you any well wishes!

OK, I'll retract it until you do :)

I love french toast but whenever we have big snow, I want to make chili. The reason for people buying milk and bread? It expires before anything else, they probably have enough other food.

Forum List

Back