ARRGGHHHH!! It's snowin' like a mo-fo here.

NE, NYC and mid atlantic about yo get bombed with a Nor'easter.

Driving advise for those conditions?

Don't.

we are suppose to get some tomorrow. I am used to it now, wish it was over.

How is this winter overall in the Pacific Northwest? Is it weird?

Overall, FL has been colder than usual and dry. This weekend hasn't been too bad until this morning - cold, cloudy and windy with spits of rain.

It's hard to sell global 'warming' around here but everyone agrees that the weather is 'weird'.

we are hearing the east is getting hit hard.....good luck with that....no snow removal equipment is a kick in the head in the east.....

Luckly I have experince driving on wet snow.

Experience and the right vehicle are all it takes - I had an '81 VW Rabbit with front wheel drive sitting right under a heavy diesel motor that I drove through lots of snow and ice in the mountains east of Seattle. Went everywhere I told it to go. The only vehicle I got to more trail-heads with in winter was the Jeep.

Modern technology :rock: - Imagine having no choice but to cut wood for the heat you'll need and trudging to Christmas at grandma's in a horse drawn wagon. Brrrrr!

Snow in ATLANTA?

Poor sods.

You already have to live with grits and okra, and now you have snow, too?!

Okay, that's truly just not fair.

"Pretty!"

(He said from the breezy and cool conditions of S. FL)

I'd never live in Florida. Heat is oppressive in the summer, Fall brings hurricanes, you have tornados, they're predicting tsunamis in the future, bugs, alligators, snakes, heat, heat, heat...

Bring on the Ohio snow anytime. Love it.

The absolute BEST thing about living in 21st Century America? Choices.

I did my time in the snow - time for a change of scenery - I only hope I live long enough to miss the snow once again.

:beer: To life!

"Pretty!"

(He said from the breezy and cool conditions of S. FL)

I'd never live in Florida. Heat is oppressive in the summer, Fall brings hurricanes, you have tornados, they're predicting tsunamis in the future, bugs, alligators, snakes, heat, heat, heat...

Bring on the Ohio snow anytime. Love it.

The absolute BEST thing about living in 21st Century America? Choices.

I did my time in the snow - time for a change of scenery - I only hope I live long enough to miss the snow once again.

:beer: To life!

I've decided if I ever move to a warmer climate, it will be Az or Nevada.

I truly love the change of seasons tho. Ohio really is beautiful.

Yes Jillian. That was a joke. But as you must know, many people/organizations still use that "misnomer".

We're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. My husband wants to see if we can get out tonight, but I have a feeling tonight will be the worst of it. Ugh!

well, i hope you get out safely. they're saying that 3 pm today til 5 tomorrow morning will be the worst of it. i'm going out shopping this morning. the boy outgrew his snow boots so we will hopefully find a pair for him.

they're saying 11 to 17 inches here now. :eek:

Yes Jillian. That was a joke. But as you must know, many people/organizations still use that "misnomer".

We're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. My husband wants to see if we can get out tonight, but I have a feeling tonight will be the worst of it. Ugh!

well, i hope you get out safely. they're saying that 3 pm today til 5 tomorrow morning will be the worst of it. i'm going out shopping this morning. the boy outgrew his snow boots so we will hopefully find a pair for him.

they're saying 11 to 17 inches here now. :eek:

How do you get around there, Jill? Car or subway?

Forum List

Back