Arrested Man Thanks Police For Finding Long-Lost Bong

I thought hilarious.

And honestly, I would rather be around someone who has been hitting on a bong than someone who has been hitting on a keg or some other high concentration alcohol drink.

and they didn't seize it?

Maybe it was clean. If it has not residue in it. they can not take it.

It's drug paraphernalia. Unless you know of another use for a bong...

Legally, In most states, you are wrong. It is not drug paraphernalia until it has drug residue in it. Until that time it can be argued it could be used to smoke tobacco or some other non drug item.

So legally speaking unless it is used it is not Paraphernalia.

That is how Head shops are able to stay open.

As a student years ago of criminal law (could be laws changed since I went to school of course); unless drug residue is found it is not drug paraphernalia; ALTHOUGH depends upon the state you are in and their laws regarding such items.

As a student years ago of criminal law (could be laws changed since I went to school of course); unless drug residue is found it is not drug paraphernalia; ALTHOUGH depends upon the state you are in and their laws regarding such items.

Correct. Some states and municipalities have specific Laws banning the stuff even if it is not used. Unless they have such laws it is legal until used.

Last edited:
Maybe it was clean. If it has not residue in it. they can not take it.

It's drug paraphernalia. Unless you know of another use for a bong...

What its used for is irrelevant unless it actually has marijuana resin in it. Also, anyone know if head shops are actually illegal in any state?

I know they are In Michigan. They were challenged and won, on the basis that nothing they sell can only be used for drugs, and nothing they sell is Drug Paraphernalia until it is used for drugs.

There is a place here in Wisconsin where you can use them:

bong-1.jpg

Forum List

Back