Arrested for Possession of an Imaginary Gun

Calling the cops was a gross overreaction.
The school resource officer is a campus position. The third time the child acted out was not an overreaction in the slightest. The kid now finishes this year in disciplinary school.
Of course it was an oerreaction Cuffing a kid an hauling him off to jail for pointing at a person is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of That you can't see that is beyond me
Your reaction is ridiculous. You are not the authority on this issue. Your opinion is dead wrong and given the weight it deserves: none.
Yeah and you are the authority.

I never said disciplining the kid was not needed.

What was not needed was cuffing him like a common criminal when he really didn't do anything

But I suppose you're one of those morons who approve of arresting kids for having a plastic butter knife in their lunch bag or some aspirin too right?
That's one.

You can ad hom all you want, but you are still wrong.

Yeah, he did something several times, was told to knock it off, was told what would happen, then he did it again.
12 years old, then I say the parents should have been brought in once the problem continued, the law made present, and an ultimatum set.

Being to lax in not addressing the parental side of it fully, and doing it in a super agressive and serious way (nip it in the bud), just ends up being a disservice to everyone, including the poor child who undoubtedly has come from a disfunctional environment or mentally broken home.

The law presense would be only for observation purposes, and not to arrest anyone.

You have it backwards.

It was handled properly as a service to everyone, including the child who need a wake up call.

I see a red Dr. Denton clad sad little figure racing to "tell the teacher".

Yes, Virginia, imagination is outlawed these days. Only the Party Line must be spoken. Today imagining a gun is "against the rules". Tomorrow? Maybe imagining America still had a Constitution will be a felony.

Forum List

Back