arrested devopment - ron howard tv show

Feb 15, 2004
I am big Ron Howard fan - he is one of the FEW people that work in Hollywood that I have great respect for. I don't consider him a Hollywood - in fact he doesnt even live there thank Goodness!!!

Anyway, since I really only stick to certain channels I only recently found out he produces a show on Fox called Arrested Development. Though I love the narration - its Ron of course and I don't know he is the reason I love it or perhaps the way he delivers - I love Jeffery Tambor - a charector actor who I find very funny in a weird way - I haven't decided if I think the show is any good. Its one of those shows that grows on you like Seinfeld perhaps...

Does anyone watch it? What do you think?

Originally posted by winston churchi
I am big Ron Howard fan - he is one of the FEW people that work in Hollywood that I have great respect for. I don't consider him a Hollywood - in fact he doesnt even live there thank Goodness!!!

Anyway, since I really only stick to certain channels I only recently found out he produces a show on Fox called Arrested Development. Though I love the narration - its Ron of course and I don't know he is the reason I love it or perhaps the way he delivers - I love Jeffery Tambor - a charector actor who I find very funny in a weird way - I haven't decided if I think the show is any good. Its one of those shows that grows on you like Seinfeld perhaps...

Does anyone watch it? What do you think?

I'd never heard nor seen of this. Went to search and came up with: http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/showinfo/index.htm

I'll try to catch it. I too like Ron Howard.

I believe its on tonight on fox...repeats. But I only started watching it a few weeks ago - their last show of the season - now they are on repeats. The show isn't doing very well I think and so no one knows if it will return - much like Seinfeld at the begining.

So watch it and see if you like it....like Seinfeld its different than the other shows which to me are sort of stale and worn out and no funny.

I would never waste time promoting a tv show in my life only it has Ron Howards name attached....without his name, I would not tempt it - except for maybe Tambor. He is very funny - never a film star to be - but whatever he does he has a funny way of doing it...he plays the father in prison.

I may catch it tonight. 7:30 CST. Sounds kinda like a soap, which is hard to catch in the middle or end, but I'll try to give it a shot. First have to get off the net.

Arrested Development is probably one of the only good shows left on network TV. Upon first viewing, it's really not all that good, because it does take a long time to set up its jokes, honestly there've been jokes that were set up in one episode and the punch didn't come until like 2 episodes later. Once you get into it, though, it's great. It's a thinking man's sitcom.

Second-best show with David Cross in it ever.

Okay now the actor that plays the lazy ass husband - wasn't he the guy who played Donnies brother on Just Shoot Me? He looks familiar.
I really like the way he always seems to get mixed up the wrong place. I watched it Sunday and he ended up (once again) in a gay bar wearing some freakass leather outfit. He is the funniest of the group.
Then the brother who is a magician or something and stowed a dead bird in the fridge.
I know Jason Bateman, forgot all about that dude. He used to be a kid actor in Silver Spoons...
Remeber that show???

I haven't watched it religiously, but the few times I saw it I thought it was absolutely hillarious. Maybe Jason Bateman's best role yet, lol, not that that is saying alot.

Okay now the actor that plays the lazy ass husband - wasn't he the guy who played Donnies brother on Just Shoot Me? He looks familiar.

His name's David Cross, he's a pretty well-known actor/comedian. He was the cocreator of Mr. Show, one of the most influential comedy shows of the 90's.

And, he was in Just Shoot Me, I forget who he was, but he played a guy who pretended to be retarded so he'd be waited on.

I only saw the first episode on sunday, but it was funny. I was LOL'ing at Jason Bateman burning down the banana stand as "Takin' Care of Business" played ("you sent that insurance letter, right?"), David Cross crying in the shower for seemingly hours, and the way that the magician brother managed to kill the dove. All hilarious.

Maybe Jason Bateman's best role yet, lol, not that that is saying alot.

Teen Wolf, Too? Hello?

Yes, just shoot me - I was thinking of the guy who pretended to be retarded...very funny!!!
Don't you think the dad in prision is funny? He used to play various rolls on Threes company in the eighties. He was always very funny...he is the kind of actor that just makes you laugh no matter what.
As for Batemans best role, haven't seen him in anything since he was a kid. He used to play an Eddie Haskell type on Silver Spoons with Rick(y) Schroder.... I don't think the role he plays on this show is all that great...sort of a straight man who watches all the others in the cast get the good lines....
Love Ron's voice over...

Don't you think the dad in prision is funny? He used to play various rolls on Threes company in the eighties. He was always very funny...he is the kind of actor that just makes you laugh no matter what.

Yeah, I agree, he's hilarious. I've seen him in lots of stuff that I can't think of right now (just woke up) that he's been funny in.

Oh, he was the sidekick on the Larry Sanders Show, right? He was funny in that.

I don't think the role he plays on this show is all that great...sort of a straight man who watches all the others in the cast get the good lines....

Yeah, but the straight man is one of the most important people in comedy. It wouldn't be good if it was just everyone acting insane and nobody there to tell them they're all insane.

I really think everyone on the show is perfect, even Portia De Rossi, who is one of the few to break the golden rule that really beautiful women are never funny.

New Topics

Forum List

Back