Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program

I find it amusing that so many claim that welfare recipients must "work," considering that the wages available to them are typically more meager than welfare checks when expenditures are calculated.

which is a reason welfare is out of control,when it becomes....why should i take a pay cut,and actually go and work somewhere....i am better off as is....

So on one side of the revolution we have homeless people trying to stay as squatters in their former homes, and risking arrest to do it.

On the other side we have a bunch of asses that post messages on the internet warning of a revolution that will destroy Obama and his followers.

Methinks the homeless are going to win this one.

They already have.

So on one side of the revolution we have homeless people trying to stay as squatters in their former homes, and risking arrest to do it.

On the other side we have a bunch of asses that post messages on the internet warning of a revolution that will destroy Obama and his followers.

Methinks the homeless are going to win this one.

They already have.

I disagree. They and their comrades only think that.

I find it amusing that so many claim that welfare recipients must "work," considering that the wages available to them are typically more meager than welfare checks when expenditures are calculated.

Not entirely true ... some of us have stronger work ethics and actually love working. No, I am not the only person like this I know. Also, it depends on the job. Hourly jobs are great for people who love to work, you can put in as much time as you want thanks to all the people not willing to work or who call in sick. I made more money flipping burgers when I was 20 than I could on welfare.

Then welfare is paying too much.

Well, here I am, watching the economy unravel from a differant perspective. The plant that I work at will be on 3 days a week for 3 weeks in March, with one week off. After that? We are hoping the Russian government sees fit to give our company another loan. For me, I am still doing 40 hrs a week. That feels like a vacation, as anybody in maintenance can tell you.

If the worst happens, well, now unemployment will carry me to full Social Security. And the company pension, small though it will be, looks solid so far. For the younger men and women? Those in Maintenance can find other work, though probably not as high paying. The production workers will face a real challenge. I feel for the younger workers. And I really hate to see this company go down. Hopefully, it will only be for a time, if it does. However, I have never seen a time this bad in my lifetime.

Well, here I am, watching the economy unravel from a differant perspective. The plant that I work at will be on 3 days a week for 3 weeks in March, with one week off. After that? We are hoping the Russian government sees fit to give our company another loan. For me, I am still doing 40 hrs a week. That feels like a vacation, as anybody in maintenance can tell you.

If the worst happens, well, now unemployment will carry me to full Social Security. And the company pension, small though it will be, looks solid so far. For the younger men and women? Those in Maintenance can find other work, though probably not as high paying. The production workers will face a real challenge. I feel for the younger workers. And I really hate to see this company go down. Hopefully, it will only be for a time, if it does. However, I have never seen a time this bad in my lifetime.

Feel secure though, maintenance is one field that will always need people. The more we become dependent on technology the more it will be in demand to. There may be occasional slides but for the most part it will be the strongest market.

However I recommend you branch out on your own as soon as possible. Many small businesses are willing to hire technicians and maintenance workers directly to cut costs, you could make a killing soon.

I think it's an interesting program. According to the article it is people in all walks of life that are doing this. I suppose if they get put in jail that will be one way of having a roof over their heads and three meals.

That's the way many chronic welfare recipients feel. If the government checks dry up, it's better for them to become criminals and get sent to jail. Welfare reform was an excellent idea, but now Obama is turning back the clock and doing away with it.
The thing is, I don't think it is just the welfare recipients. Most welfare recipients don't even own homes.

A nice bit of civil disobedience to express displeasure with the state of the economy.

Would you prefer riots in the street?

I think it's an interesting program. According to the article it is people in all walks of life that are doing this. I suppose if they get put in jail that will be one way of having a roof over their heads and three meals.

That's the way many chronic welfare recipients feel. If the government checks dry up, it's better for them to become criminals and get sent to jail. Welfare reform was an excellent idea, but now Obama is turning back the clock and doing away with it.
The thing is, I don't think it is just the welfare recipients. Most welfare recipients don't even own homes.

A nice bit of civil disobedience to express displeasure with the state of the economy.

Would you prefer riots in the street?

A simple fact that so many forget so often. LOL

How dare those people who were swindled fight back?

Don't they know that they got swindled fair and sqaure?

Have they no respect for law and order as defined by the class which swindled them?

Then welfare is paying too much.

Welfare plays a necessary role in sustaining a capitalist economy. For instance, considering the role of job search frictions incurred upon the unemployed, unemployment benefits ensure more extensive search and selection of an employer whose working conditions are most conducive to an individual's specific work skills, thus improving efficiency through the prevention of underemployment.

which is a reason welfare is out of control,when it becomes....why should i take a pay cut,and actually go and work somewhere....i am better off as is....

bulloney....

Welfare is NOT OUT OF CONTROL.....

Since 1998 Welfare Reform, we have had a 50% REDUCTION in welfare recipients....

AND those on welfare MUST WORK or be in a work training program in order to recieve it since The gingrich welfare reform legislation passed and was signed by the president.

I have no idea why those on the Right continue to LIE and spread a bunch of RUMORS on this....?

Care

bulloney....

Oh oh! Somebody needs to watch more television commercials, Care.

"Well I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why I'll say...
..Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with
B-O-L-O-G-N-A."

Welfare is NOT OUT OF CONTROL.....

Since 1998 Welfare Reform, we have had a 50% REDUCTION in welfare recipients....

True.

AND those on welfare MUST WORK or be in a work training program in order to recieve it since The gingrich welfare reform legislation passed and was signed by the president.

And the Neo-Cons never forgave him for giving them what they claimed they wanted, either.

How DARE Clinton take away one of their favorite talking points?

NOT to worry though...they've just decided to IGNORE the truth of the matter and pretend that welfare reform -- AS DESIGNED BY THE NEO-CONS-- never happened!

I have no idea why those on the Right continue to LIE and spread a bunch of RUMORS on this....?

What else have they GOT to work with?

Their stellar proformance as conservatives when they are in office?

They have no choice but to lie and lie and throw in the BIG LIE, because the truth is extremely inconvenient to their distorted world view.

Last edited:

Thus the earned income credit.

With the earned income credit, those working, even if for minimum wage, will earn more than welfare provided.

This too was part of Welfare reform in our country.

Is this like calling a drop in the number of people able to collect unemployment because it ran out as an "drop in unemployment"?

Forum List

Back