Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Police in Baltimore today made what is believed to be the first arrest in a civil disobedience program aimed at supporting homeowners who refuse to vacate their foreclosed homes.

An activist with ACORN — the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now — faces criminal charges after breaking into a home in southeast Baltimore on Thursday to protest the foreclosure crisis sweeping the country.

"This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

FOXNews.com - Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

wanna bet the jackazz dosen't spend a day in jail???

So on one side of the revolution we have homeless people trying to stay as squatters in their former homes, and risking arrest to do it.

On the other side we have a bunch of asses that post messages on the internet warning of a revolution that will destroy Obama and his followers.

Methinks the homeless are going to win this one.

Honey, that ACORN for you.. seems they make up their own rules..

Police in Baltimore today made what is believed to be the first arrest in a civil disobedience program aimed at supporting homeowners who refuse to vacate their foreclosed homes.

An activist with ACORN — the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now — faces criminal charges after breaking into a home in southeast Baltimore on Thursday to protest the foreclosure crisis sweeping the country.

"This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

FOXNews.com - Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

wanna bet the jackazz dosen't spend a day in jail???

I was thinking about posting, was this some one the President knows from his community organizing days, but I decided against it.

So on one side of the revolution we have homeless people trying to stay as squatters in their former homes, and risking arrest to do it.

On the other side we have a bunch of asses that post messages on the internet warning of a revolution that will destroy Obama and his followers.

Sure a few million homeless are going to beat the remaining 200 Plus million of us.

Me thinks not.

You know.....I kinda see the point, because did you realize that 40 percent of the people that are foreclosed upon are RENTERS? They don't even own the freaking property, it's the dirtbag owners who are missing the payments.

Solution?

Lock up the owners that have let their properties fall into arrears, and tell the renters to pay their rent directly to the mortgage holder.

Sure a few million homeless are going to beat the remaining 200 Plus million of us.

Me thinks not.
Depends on how big the homeless population gets to be.

It will be thrown out of court on something stupid you watch! I bet though if it was me who did that, I wouldn't be out on the streets but in jail.

I think it's an interesting program. According to the article it is people in all walks of life that are doing this. I suppose if they get put in jail that will be one way of having a roof over their heads and three meals.

You know.....I kinda see the point, because did you realize that 40 percent of the people that are foreclosed upon are RENTERS? They don't even own the freaking property, it's the dirtbag owners who are missing the payments.

Solution?

Lock up the owners that have let their properties fall into arrears, and tell the renters to pay their rent directly to the mortgage holder.

That is common sense. In the past, the banks probably came out ahead with future sale being higher, and new landlord getting higher rents. Not anymore.

I find it amusing that the primary opponents of the protesters (i.e. free marketers) claim individuals like Benjamin Tucker, Max Stirner, and Lysander Spooner as their own, despite the fact that they opposed usury and rent.

Seriously, how on earth do you think you can not pay your mortgage and yet stay on the property? Why should they let you?

I want to use your property. But I am not going to pay you for it.

That's all liberalism is. Stealing property of others. Its tiresome.

I think it's an interesting program. According to the article it is people in all walks of life that are doing this. I suppose if they get put in jail that will be one way of having a roof over their heads and three meals.

That's the way many chronic welfare recipients feel. If the government checks dry up, it's better for them to become criminals and get sent to jail. Welfare reform was an excellent idea, but now Obama is turning back the clock and doing away with it.

I find it amusing that so many claim that welfare recipients must "work," considering that the wages available to them are typically more meager than welfare checks when expenditures are calculated.

Yeah, dude! Just like all sex is rape.

The ACORN crowd knows full well that with Obamaman in office, they'll get away with this.

You're simply unaware of the nature of imperfect contracting that capitalism entails. It's necessarily caused by asymmetric information and principal-agent problems affecting market forces.

Forum List

Back