Arrest made in alleged Citrus Heights church arson

The 2009 report published by the Christian Security Network outlines 1,237 crimes against Christian churches including 12 homicides, 38 other violent incidents including, 3 sexual assaults, 3 kidnappings, 98 arsons, and over 700 burglaries resulting in more than $24 million in property loss.

Christian Security Network Releases 2009 Crime Report Against Christian Organizations in the United States - Christian Newswire

this obviously is ok with the same people so upset over the mosque arson...

I just scanned through the thread about the Tennessee mosque, and then came here, thinking "oh shit, what's going on".

Then I realized this is a story from two months ago. I'm glad you've brought it up, Yurt, because I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. But why today? Then I saw you finished your OP the same as the TN mosque thread.

The parallels between the two OPs are obvious to me. You can deny it, but I think this is blatant baiting to see how many "on the left" will respond in the same manner as the other thread. If there's a lack of equivalent response, then--at some point in the future--you could use this thread as "definitive proof" that liberals are Muslim apologists that don't care as much when Churches are attacked, thus proving, in opinion, a double standard of the left. This thread is the pawn in some long-term "I told you so" game.

But whatever.

On topic, I don't understand why people go around burning down houses of worship. Regardless of the creed of the building and regardless of the creed of the arsonists/vandals/attackers, it's wrong. Full stop. People should let each other pray and have faith in peace.

And for the record, I'm not a spokesperson for Teh Leftiez. I speak for myself, so please don't lay any guilt-by-association accusation of a double standard on me simply because I identify more with the left than I do with the right. Freedom of assembly and freedom of religion applies equally to all.

thx for reading. :eusa_angel:

i justed posted one that happened a few days ago...

i have yet to see you call out anyone on the left for a "gotcha" thread or post....i think this thread is relevant. why is it the mosque vandalism etc....is getting so much attention from the left, yet there is virtually ZERO attention about church vandalism which has been happening for decades

they even had to pass an act about it in 1996....yet the left isn't upset about that....no....they're pissed at mosques getting vandalized etc....

i appreciate you don't condone any vandalism
The first link may interest you more
http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/downloads/pdf/tfrs/v2i7.pdf
10 Texas church fires under investigation - USATODAY.com

I just scanned through the thread about the Tennessee mosque, and then came here, thinking "oh shit, what's going on".

Then I realized this is a story from two months ago. I'm glad you've brought it up, Yurt, because I wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. But why today? Then I saw you finished your OP the same as the TN mosque thread.

The parallels between the two OPs are obvious to me. You can deny it, but I think this is blatant baiting to see how many "on the left" will respond in the same manner as the other thread. If there's a lack of equivalent response, then--at some point in the future--you could use this thread as "definitive proof" that liberals are Muslim apologists that don't care as much when Churches are attacked, thus proving, in opinion, a double standard of the left. This thread is the pawn in some long-term "I told you so" game.

But whatever.

On topic, I don't understand why people go around burning down houses of worship. Regardless of the creed of the building and regardless of the creed of the arsonists/vandals/attackers, it's wrong. Full stop. People should let each other pray and have faith in peace.

And for the record, I'm not a spokesperson for Teh Leftiez. I speak for myself, so please don't lay any guilt-by-association accusation of a double standard on me simply because I identify more with the left than I do with the right. Freedom of assembly and freedom of religion applies equally to all.

thx for reading. :eusa_angel:

i have yet to see you call out anyone on the left for a "gotcha" thread or post....i think this thread is relevant. why is it the mosque vandalism etc....is getting so much attention from the left, yet there is virtually ZERO attention about church vandalism which has been happening for decades

they even had to pass an act about it in 1996....yet the left isn't upset about that....no....they're pissed at mosques getting vandalized etc....

wow....over 400 church arsons a year and people like modbert don't care

Yurt, did you not see where I said any vandalism is wrong? Though perhaps any one of you can show me where anyone on here condoned burning down churches in the first place on USMB. Also show where anyone on the Mosque issue said they need to respond to that thread to show they care and don't want them to burn down.

I'll wait.

Not just 400 churches

H An average of 1,300 church fires are reported each year,
causing $38 million in property loss.
H The leading cause of church fires is arson (25%).

Not just 400 churches

Wat.

25% of 1,300 is 325. So that's less than 400.

Not just 400 churches

Wat.

It's an avg modbert one year might be more the next year might be less.
but SOME of those arsons may not be because of hate against the church

some arsonists dont give a rats ass what they burn

Wat.

Good point.

That's what I think is interesting here. Someone who investigates about arson (I don't know what the profession is called) would have to be a psychological expert in a way, to figure out the motivation of the crime and whether or not it could be charged as a hate crime.

Maybe some dude burns down a church because the pastor wouldn't let him date his daughter; maybe some dude burns down a church because he literally hates Christians.

Too many psychos in the world. :doubt:

didnt see it
i rarely watch kill of the hill anymore
and then it usually is an episode i had already seen
LOL

Revenge of the Lutefisk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shortly after, the matches cause the church to burn down, and since the matchbook Bobby used was from a strip club that Cotton frequents, everyone assumes that he committed arson as a hate crime, despite his insistence that they find "the man with the terrible smell".

As Cotton is set to go to jail, Bobby's guilt overwhelms him, and he confesses to Cotton that he was the one who ate the lutefisk, and that he was the stinky man. Cotton decides to remain silent, and take the blame for his grandson, and ends up getting away with it by declaring that he is old and senile. Reverend Stroup forgives Cotton, and leads a prayer for the elderly and their "bathroom problems".

Good point.

That's what I think is interesting here. Someone who investigates about arson (I don't know what the profession is called) would have to be a psychological expert in a way, to figure out the motivation of the crime and whether or not it could be charged as a hate crime.

Maybe some dude burns down a church because the pastor wouldn't let him date his daughter; maybe some dude burns down a church because he literally hates Christians.

this is partly why i think hate crime legislation is wrong
unless the person actually confesses as to his/her motivation or you have actual witnesses testify to verbal slurs in the process, it is next to impossible to know the actual motivation

didnt see it
i rarely watch kill of the hill anymore
and then it usually is an episode i had already seen
LOL

Revenge of the Lutefisk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shortly after, the matches cause the church to burn down, and since the matchbook Bobby used was from a strip club that Cotton frequents, everyone assumes that he committed arson as a hate crime, despite his insistence that they find "the man with the terrible smell".

As Cotton is set to go to jail, Bobby's guilt overwhelms him, and he confesses to Cotton that he was the one who ate the lutefisk, and that he was the stinky man. Cotton decides to remain silent, and take the blame for his grandson, and ends up getting away with it by declaring that he is old and senile. Reverend Stroup forgives Cotton, and leads a prayer for the elderly and their "bathroom problems".
LOL never saw that one
but bobby is always eating something strange

Good point.

this is partly why i think hate crime legislation is wrong
unless the person actually confesses as to his/her motivation or you have actual witnesses testify to verbal slurs in the process, it is next to impossible to know the actual motivation

i think we've talked about this before, but maybe that was someone else. I agree with the idea of hate crime legislation, so long as the extra punishment demands an extra burden of proof, like what you mentioned about confessions and witnesses etc.

Yurt, did you not see where I said any vandalism is wrong? Though perhaps any one of you can show me where anyone on here condoned burning down churches in the first place on USMB. Also show where anyone on the Mosque issue said they need to respond to that thread to show they care and don't want them to burn down.

I'll wait.

i'll wait until you explain your thread derailment and personal focus on me and your delusions of grandeur by making this thread about you and ignoring the church arsons.....

Good point.

And yet ONE Mosque gets a construction equipment fire and we are seeing an increase in attacks on Muslims cause of the NY Mosque thing? RIGHT.

Forum List

Back