Arrest in Killing of White Anchor in Ark.

I'll probably get slammed for saying this but most black men scare me. It's the way they look at me, it just terrifies me. They look like they want to hurt me and make me suffer. Very few haven't given me "that look". Even most black women are pretty rude to me. I don't understand it at all. I don't think I do anything to provoke this response.

Amanda, I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't know what to tell you. I am a tall, blonde woman who works in a black neighborhood. I feel no fear when I'm there, and feel respected by people of all races. Maybe it's because I look them in the eye and say hello when I see anyone walking down the street, it's just my nature to be friendly. Sometimes people see fear in others, and that in itself may be scary to them.

You feel this way because it's true. The black men in your community spend all day and night thinking, "How can I hurt Amanda and make her suffer?" Someday, they will catch you and put a weave in your hair, and you'll be sorry.

I didn't expect you to understand.

Amanda, I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't know what to tell you. I am a tall, blonde woman who works in a black neighborhood. I feel no fear when I'm there, and feel respected by people of all races. Maybe it's because I look them in the eye and say hello when I see anyone walking down the street, it's just my nature to be friendly. Sometimes people see fear in others, and that in itself may be scary to them.

I just try to mind my own business and not bother anyone. But they look at me and say things that are disgusting. It's only happened a few times but I've been followed or more like chased to my car at night. I think they see fear in me and it's like blood in the water to a shark. I don't know what I'm supposed to be able to do about it, it's not me, I don't do anything to provoke them except be there. I've been thinking about getting a concealed weapon permit but there is a long waiting list.

Ohh so it is ok for blacks to murder whites cause years ago some of them were murdered? Does that then mean that since blacks can now kill whites that the whites can then retaliate in kind for it?

Silly ass. You are reading something into that statement that was not there. It is not OK for anybody to do these kinds of things. William just dotes on the cases where it is a black person doing it to someone that is white. Well, for most of this nations history, it has been primarily the other way arround. And that is not making escuses for anyone, it is simply a fact of history.

I didn't expect you to understand.

When you react to people with fear and distrust, it shows on your face and in your body language. Look at the faces in this picture:

Little-Rock-Arkansas_Desegregation-1957_002.jpg

You do a hundred tiny things that send the message to people of color that you are afraid of them and dislike them. I've had kids describe to me how white people wipe off their fingers after touching them, or lock their car doors when they drive past, or refuse to sit by them or look at them on the street or on the bus.

How would YOU respond to that treatment? Treat people the way you want them to treat you. Look them in the eye. Talk to them with respect. Smile and be polite.

When you react to people with fear and distrust, it shows on your face and in your body language. Look at the faces in this picture:

Little-Rock-Arkansas_Desegregation-1957_002.jpg

You do a hundred tiny things that send the message to people of color that you are afraid of them and dislike them. I've had kids describe to me how white people wipe off their fingers after touching them, or lock their car doors when they drive past, or refuse to sit by them or look at them on the street or on the bus.

How would YOU respond to that treatment? Treat people the way you want them to treat you. Look them in the eye. Talk to them with respect. Smile and be polite.

I'm not rude, I'm scared. I think there's something to be said for trusting your feelings and not putting yourself in danger to make the PC crowd happy.

I think you're crazy to say that when one of these guys makes a disgusting proposition I should look them in the eye and smile? Hmmm... no, I don't think so.

Lets be honest black people are less likely to be prosecuted for a hate crime because the courts are tired of seing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton holding protests outside the courtroom. If they charge him with murder and he gets the same sentence then all is well in my opnion.

As for Amanda. I have encountered black people who made me feel uncomfortable it may just be where you are living. Probably just some ordinary hood rats trying to look tough. If you're worried buy mase. But you have every right to be worried so don't feel bad about how you feel. Or you can go the route I did, and buy a 40 cal or 9 mil if you want a purse friendly gun!

Lets be honest black people are less likely to be prosecuted for a hate crime because the courts are tired of seing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton holding protests outside the courtroom. If they charge him with murder and he gets the same sentence then all is well in my opnion.

As for Amanda. I have encountered black people who made me feel uncomfortable it may just be where you are living. Probably just some ordinary hood rats trying to look tough. If you're worried buy mase. But you have every right to be worried so don't feel bad about how you feel. Or you can go the route I did, and buy a 40 cal or 9 mil if you want a purse friendly gun!

Thank you. It's nice when someone can understand. I do live in a fairly ghetto area. It's pretty mixed, but still there are a lot of guys that wanna look all thug and even tho I don't think they would do anything I don't want to send an encouraging message either.

I am looking into getting a permit to carry.

Wright has a point (several actually).

I thought 100% of people are people.

Jackson should be ashamed, since he has done nothing to decrease but only to increase such fears and realities.

Humans have brains, and hands. Ration out your fear and protect yourself.

I know lots of people think so, That's why I pointed her to Wright. Kinda illuminates the situation. a bit.

Wright has a point (several actually).

I thought 100% of people are people.

Jackson should be ashamed, since he has done nothing to decrease but only to increase such fears and realities.

Humans have brains, and hands. Ration out your fear and protect yourself.

after listening to Wright and his racist rantings, I don't think so..

I'm not rude, I'm scared. I think there's something to be said for trusting your feelings and not putting yourself in danger to make the PC crowd happy.

I think you're crazy to say that when one of these guys makes a disgusting proposition I should look them in the eye and smile? Hmmm... no, I don't think so.

If a guy looks me in the eye and makes a disgusting proposition, laughing at him is the best possible response. I'm not going to cower away from him, that just reinforces in his mind that I'm a victim.

I am a tall, blonde woman who works in a black neighborhood. I feel no fear when I'm there, and feel respected by people of all races.

Liberal whites often fancy themselves "respected by people of all races," but they aren't. Even when, like Echo Zulu, they feel like a Goddess of Sensitivity by working in a black neighborhood. These whites are particularly vulnerable because they imagine that the blacks can peer into their brains and see their anti-racist thoughts, or that a sign above their head displays their having voted for Obama.

The reality is that many blacks hate whites with a ferocity whites can't imagine. A young blonde woman named Amy Biehl found this out the hard way in South Africa years back: she'd gone over to help blacks, and ended up murdered by them. Every other year I lived in NYC, there was a white (usually midwestern) woman who came to Harlem or the Bronx to "help the black people" by teaching in the public schools, and she'd be stabbed to death getting on the subway.

I think that when PC actually gets you killed, it's time to rein it back in a little, no?

Last edited:
Liberal whites often fancy themselves "respected by people of all races," but they aren't. Even when, like Echo Zulu, they feel like a Goddess of Sensitivity by working in a black neighborhood. These whites are particularly vulnerable because they imagine that the blacks can peer into their brains and see their anti-racist thoughts, or that a sign above their head displays their having voted for Obama.

The reality is that many blacks hate whites with a ferocity whites can't imagine. A young blonde woman named Amy Biehl found this out the hard way in South Africa years back: she'd gone over to help blacks, and ended up murdered by them. Every other year I lived in NYC, there was a white (usually midwestern) woman who came to Harlem or the Bronx to "help the black people" by teaching in the public schools, and she'd be stabbed to death getting on the subway.
So, basically, your mantra to dismiss whites who have perfectly civil relationships with people of color is to engage in ad hominem and use isolated incidents (non-representative sample, of course) to suggest that these people will become victims.

Interesting. I've worked with mostly minority kids for the past 19 years and have never once been physically threatened. I've worked primarily in inner city areas, all over the U.S., and never have had a problem.

You realize, of course, that the vast majority of teachers in the U.S., in all districts, whether predominantly black or white, are white, and female, and aren't victims.

So, your claim is bullshit.

Last edited:

I think that when PC actually gets you killed, it's time to rein it back in a little, no?

So the 12 years I've worked in the inner-city without any problems is because why WJ?

So, like catzmeow said, of all the teachers just here in the USA who work in the inner-city, how many are murdered where they teach? I think your odds are stronger getting killed driving on the interstate!

Watch Out, they'll get you for DWW!

So, basically, your mantra to dismiss whites who have perfectly civil relationships with people of color is to engage in ad hominem and use isolated incidents (non-representative sample, of course) to suggest that these people will become victims.

Interesting. I've worked with mostly minority kids for the past 19 years and have never once been physically threatened. I've worked primarily in inner city areas, all over the U.S., and never have had a problem.

You realize, of course, that the vast majority of teachers in the U.S., in all districts, whether predominantly black or white, are white, and female, and aren't victims.

He needs his illusions, what do you think he talks about in those hotel room meetings with his "buddies" anyway?

So the 12 years I've worked in the inner-city without any problems is because why WJ?

So, like catzmeow said, of all the teachers just here in the USA who work in the inner-city, how many are murdered where they teach? I think your odds are stronger getting killed driving on the interstate!

Watch Out, they'll get you for DWW!

You must not teach math, or logic.

The fact that I haven't been killed by a drunk driver is not evidence that there isn't a pattern of drunk driving in America that does, in fact, lead to deaths every year. And while it may not be an argument against driving, it is an argument for stronger laws, law enforcement, staying dry to drive yourself and generally being aware/cautious of other drivers.

Or, was that so logical that it could only be racist?

Same reasoning goes for you. Check out FBI stats on race and crime for a check on whether it's "bullshit" to say inner cities are just as safe as Mayberry. Here's a fact for you, from the Dept. of Justice: About 100 times a day, a white woman is raped or sexually assaulted by a black man in America. The number of white-on-black rapes is about 10 per YEAR.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

And speaking of chances of things happening -- what are the odds I'm arguing with two White Woman Heroes of the Inner City this evening? That is wonderful, isn't it folks? Echo Zulu and catzmeow are, together, working to overcome the legacy of racism, hatred and oppression left behind by their evil forebears and bring the little black children into the sunshine of wondrous accomplishment, fending off bitter Internet racists and holding their heads high. Here's to you, ladies!

This little treasure one of your charges?

The Associated Press: Lawyer: Jena Six teen shot himself out of despair

Maybe you can kiss his boo-boo in class tomorrow and explain to him that it's all whitey's fault.

Last edited:
Same reasoning goes for you. Check out FBI stats on race and crime for a check on whether it's "bullshit" to say inner cities are just as safe as Mayberry. Here's a fact for you, from the Dept. of Justice: About 100 times a day, a white woman is raped or sexually assaulted by a black man in America. The number of white-on-black rapes is about 10 per YEAR.

Major Findings of The Color of Crime -- Second, Expanded Edition (2005)

And speaking of chances of things happening -- what are the odds I'm arguing with two White Woman Heroes of the Inner City this evening? That is wonderful, isn't it folks? Echo Zulu and catzmeow are, together, working to overcome the legacy of racism, hatred and oppression left behind by their evil forebears and bring the little black children into the sunshine of wondrous accomplishment, fending off bitter Internet racists and holding their heads high. Here's to you, ladies!

This little treasure one of your charges?

The Associated Press: Lawyer: Jena Six teen shot himself out of despair

Maybe you can kiss his boo-boo in class tomorrow and explain to him that it's all whitey's fault.
That is tragic. So is any death.

But, no white teens murder anyone, do they.

And HOW DARE us "white women" work with people of different races from us?

Didn't we learn ANYTHING from Hitler by gosh? If only America was all white, and let's see, all protestant, and maybe everyone had blonde hair and blue eyes, while then yeah, no murders or evil would ever happen, right WJ?

Last edited:
BJA National Crime Victimization Survey, 2006

* Males, blacks, and persons age 24 or younger continued
to be victimized at higher rates than females, whites, and
persons age 25 or older in 2005.

Blacks were victims of overall violence, rape, robbery,
and aggravated assault at rates higher than those for
whites in 2005. Blacks were also more likely than
persons of other races to be victims of violence.

Historically, females have been most often victimized by
someone they knew, while males were more likely to be
victimized by a stranger. This finding continued during
Based upon statistics, white women should be far more afraid of white men than of black men. I'd like to see your exact site from the DOJ. I'm very familiar with their work.

I love your sources, by the way: http://www.nc-f.org/index.html
New Century Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations so as to better understand the consequences of America's increasing diversity. It sponsors publications and books, and holds occasional conferences.

What your source didn't tell you is that white men rape white women at a rate that is ten times higher than the rate of the rapes of white women by black men.

Most crime occurs WITHIN a racial subgroup. Blacks tend to victimize other blacks. Whites tend to victimize other whites. The reason that the Jena 6 and other cross racial crimes engenders such attention is because it is SO RARE.

Last edited:
I probably have more cause to be afraid of the average black person that I encounter on the streets than most, (or the other way around), but I'm generally not. Even in the harshest areas of Compton and Watts, there really isn't any reason for people to bother or harass you if you mind your own business.

Moreover, the toughest black gang members that society has relegated to conditions of perpetual wage labor and crime recognize the value of social programs themselves. Just a few months ago, I was playing basketball with a young black gang member when a school administrator came up to us and made us "disperse." (It was a continuation school, and they would harass us a lot.) This guy then complained that "They take this away, and act all angry when we gang bang." He was right.

Forum List

Back