Arpaio in trouble for abusing Latinos

You almost gotta laugh. Barry Obama authorized the killing of an American citizen and his son with a bomb without due process. A.G. Holder authorized the shipment of over 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico that resulted in the deaths of an estimated hundreds of Mexican citizens and one US Border Officer and the feds are going after a Sheriff for allegedly abusing Latinos? The world is upside down under liberalism.

children should not be molested and then have no one investigate it when its reported to the police.

children should not be molested and then have no one investigate it when its reported to the police.

What else does the liberal newspaper have to say about it, Truth?
After all you are holding court with a onesided prosecution....no defense...just a prosecution. Do you see anything wrong with that? I didn't think so. YOU are part of the problem in America, TM.

granted, but you are missing the point. Again, I lived in Arizona for 15 years. I know exactly how that police force operates. It's not a racial issue. It's a corruption issue. They don't do abusive shit only to Hispanics. They do it to everyone. Now if you want to make a statement that the corruption and abuse of power that exists in the Arizona police force and the Arizona courts needs to be strongly dealt with, I will agree with you 100%. But to say it's about race is total bullshit. They are equal opportunity pricks.

this man is accused by hundereds of Latinos of abusing them.

why do you just claim all these latinos are not telling the truth?

:banghead: and if you ever spent a day in Arizona you would know that people who are black, white, yellow, red, green, blue, orange, and purple all experience the same things and make the same complaints and accusations.....they just don't make the fucking papers because it blows the liberal argument against a racist Arpaio to hell when it's pointed out that white people get the same shitty treatment. Jesus Christ on a string!

granted, but you are missing the point. Again, I lived in Arizona for 15 years. I know exactly how that police force operates. It's not a racial issue. It's a corruption issue. They don't do abusive shit only to Hispanics. They do it to everyone. Now if you want to make a statement that the corruption and abuse of power that exists in the Arizona police force and the Arizona courts needs to be strongly dealt with, I will agree with you 100%. But to say it's about race is total bullshit. They are equal opportunity pricks.

Bullshit. I live in the Phoenix metro area and what you are saying is bull. The MCSO targets Hispanics. We blacks that have moved here from others parts of the country joke about having an "honorary white card" here. All the harassment that blacks experience in the south is reserved for Hispanics out here. The treatment of Hispanic U.S. citizens and legal residents is what started this investigation in June 2008.

:banghead: and if you ever spent a day in Arizona you would know that people who are black, white, yellow, red, green, blue, orange, and purple all experience the same things and make the same complaints and accusations.....they just don't make the fucking papers because it blows the liberal argument against a racist Arpaio to hell when it's pointed out that white people get the same shitty treatment. Jesus Christ on a string!

Bullshit

What else does the liberal newspaper have to say about it, Truth?
After all you are holding court with a onesided prosecution....no defense...just a prosecution. Do you see anything wrong with that? I didn't think so. YOU are part of the problem in America, TM.

Do you live in Maricopa County, Arizona?

dont they realize whoever is molesting these latino kids can end up molesting kids they do care about?

I have sort of a different take on Sheriff Joe and yes, I also live in Maricopa County. First unless Sheriff Joe gets ousted from office then that will not keep him from geing re-elected. He has strong support in areas of the city like Sun City, Mesa, etc. That said it would seem to me our Sheriff spends way too much time on issues that he has no business with that are way outside his jurisdiction. Arizona is deep in debt and has a huge housing crisis and all this civil litigation and investigations brought on by Sheriff Joe and our Gov. do not help our states budget. When Peoria has to lay off over 500 teachers and our state is spending millions of dollars defending itself on issues that are clearly brought on as a result of legislation and enforcement actions outside the business of the state as well aas Sheriff Joe that is very hard to justify. His and the MSCO's recent admission of having messed up or clearly ignored several sex crimes investigations points to the fact that his office is deeply in need of a professional police officer and not someone who spends more time on talk shows and worrying about enforcing laws outside Maricopa County. While I would not go so far as to call him personally a racist I would rather say that he is not a very good law enforcement officer and as such his actions tend to call attention to that.

The Justice Department began its civil-rights investigation of the Sheriff's Office in 2008 under Republican President George W. Bush. The investigation was publicly disclosed in March 2009.

The probe was stalled for 18 months after sheriff's officials refused to turn over records to investigators and provide access to facilities and staff.

Federal officials filed suit against Arpaio in September 2010, claiming the Sheriff's Office was violating federal law by refusing to cooperate with the investigation. The county's legal costs, mostly to represent the Sheriff's Office in that fight, are approaching $1million.

"We wasted more than two years," Perez said, noting that Arpaio's refusal to cooperate was the "exception to the rule." Since the Civil Rights Act of 1964, he said, the Justice Department only sued once before, in 1978, to gain access to public records and staff and inmate interviews.

Arpaio: Inquiry is motivated by politics, hampers enforcement

Who's responsible for the timing?

Reporting from Washington and Las Vegas— Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Phoenix-based department repeatedly arrested Latinos illegally, abused them in the county jails and failed to investigate hundreds of sexual assaults, the Justice Department charged after a three-year civil rights investigation.

Justice officials are expected to file suit in U.S. District Court in Arizona asking a federal judge to order changes in the department run by Arpaio, 79, who bills himself as "America's toughest sheriff" for his stance on illegal immigration.
The only thing you can respond with is repeating the lie again? IDIOT!

Forum List

Back