Arpaio in trouble for abusing Latinos

First, If you wish to call me a liberal then by all means be my guest, however that would make this old Republican in very good company, then again, by today's standards in the Republican party the word liberal applies to anyone who disagrees with them. That said, nothing in my post mentioned the word illegal immigration or my support or non support of it. In fact if you had taken the time to not label me then you would have found out that my position is the following, To suggest that our nation simply rid ourselves of every single person who is illegal is not only nonsense it shows a sheer lack of understanding of this issue at hand. First of all there not many Americans willing to take the jobs that a lot of these illegals tend to work, like in agriculture , picking fruit, etc. So that leaves a decent guest worker program. So here is what I am for when it comes to illegal immigratrion, enforce the laws that we already have on the books, and that responsibility belongs in the hands of the Federal Govt. not Maricopa County, so properly FUND it. Create and manage a good guest worker program, deport ALL criminal illegal aliens. Strengthen the border security and no that does not mean a fence it means actual boots on the ground in conjunction with air assets. Then streamline the immigration system as a whole so that those people who wish to come here can do so in a quick and efficent manner and those who wish to come here and work can also do that and then go home.

That's the pap that liberals are always spewing. Of course, they never enforce the border. They don't even deport illegals who are criminals. they don't want a fence because that is a permanent obstacle to illegal immigration. The minute the voters stop looking, "boots on the ground" can be sent home. They can also be told not to do their job.

Here's what we need: A) Deport all illegals currently residing in this country, and B) build a permanent fence along the entire border.

Any claims that it can't be done are simply hogwash. They're excuses from people who don't really want to put an end to illegal immigration.
fyi, more illegals have been deported under obama than entire time under bush....so, i've read....so the ''liberal'' has deported MORE than the ''conservative''.....

First, If you wish to call me a liberal then by all means be my guest, however that would make this old Republican in very good company, then again, by today's standards in the Republican party the word liberal applies to anyone who disagrees with them. That said, nothing in my post mentioned the word illegal immigration or my support or non support of it. In fact if you had taken the time to not label me then you would have found out that my position is the following, To suggest that our nation simply rid ourselves of every single person who is illegal is not only nonsense it shows a sheer lack of understanding of this issue at hand. First of all there not many Americans willing to take the jobs that a lot of these illegals tend to work, like in agriculture , picking fruit, etc. So that leaves a decent guest worker program. So here is what I am for when it comes to illegal immigratrion, enforce the laws that we already have on the books, and that responsibility belongs in the hands of the Federal Govt. not Maricopa County, so properly FUND it. Create and manage a good guest worker program, deport ALL criminal illegal aliens. Strengthen the border security and no that does not mean a fence it means actual boots on the ground in conjunction with air assets. Then streamline the immigration system as a whole so that those people who wish to come here can do so in a quick and efficent manner and those who wish to come here and work can also do that and then go home.

That's the pap that liberals are always spewing. Of course, they never enforce the border. They don't even deport illegals who are criminals. they don't want a fence because that is a permanent obstacle to illegal immigration. The minute the voters stop looking, "boots on the ground" can be sent home. They can also be told not to do their job.

Here's what we need: A) Deport all illegals currently residing in this country, and B) build a permanent fence along the entire border.

Any claims that it can't be done are simply hogwash. They're excuses from people who don't really want to put an end to illegal immigration.

“No, I don’t support a fence on the border,” he said. “The fact is, it’s 1,200 miles from Brownsville to El Paso. Two things: How long you think it would take to build that? And then if you build a 30-foot wall from El Paso to Brownsville, the 35-foot ladder business gets real good.” Rick Perry

Border police in Nogales, Arizona, uncovered a drug smuggling tunnel from Mexico, the latest in a spate of illicit passageways found under the border in recent days.

The U.S. Border Patrol said the 319-foot long tunnel was discovered on Monday. It measured three feet wide by two feet tall, and ran for 100 feet into Mexico at a depth of about 20 feet.
Border Wall in the News: Third tunnel in a week found under U.S.-Mexico border

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zNR53k5Lg]Reagan on immingration 2 - YouTube[/ame]

If Republicans who support a REAL solution on the border are considered liberals then we stand in good company. As to your other claims, I would suggest you look up some statistics on the number of deportations lately before you make such a claim, as to your assertion that not building a fence is just a liberal issue , I think I've showed you thats not true as well, perhaps what you meant to say that those who do not suport a border fence are not the neo-conservatives.

"You can't just pick up the phone and call Long Fence," Basham joked, pointing out a 10-foot fence would inspire would-be border crossers to get an 11-foot ladder. When he became commissioner in 2006 under President Bush, the fence idea was all the rage, and he said congressional mandates from lawmakers who didn't understand the challenges had CBP "chasing our tail" trying to keep up. "We all knew that [the fence] wasn't the answer. That wasn't the solution."

On a tour of the Southwest border, Basham says, then House Speaker Dennis Hastert continually insisted the fence was the only way to seal it. The tour passed a penitentiary surrounded by a chain-link fence with barbed wire. "He said, 'That's what we need right there,'" Basham remembers of Hastert. "And I said, 'With all due respect, no.'"

Ex-Border Security Chief Calls Fence a Dumb Idea - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

“No, I don’t support a fence on the border,” he said. “The fact is, it’s 1,200 miles from Brownsville to El Paso. Two things: How long you think it would take to build that? And then if you build a 30-foot wall from El Paso to Brownsville, the 35-foot ladder business gets real good.” Rick Perry
Navy, I gotta say, you and Rick are both on the wrong side of the fence issue.

In the places where the new fence that was started under Bush and the republican Congress was completed, the arrest dropped by 85%! There was a corresponding INCREASE in the places, like the national park on the border in Arizona, where the fence was not completed after funding for the fence was cut as part of the democrats first 100 hours promise when they took control of the Congress in '08.

Now people can claim that they'll just get 11 foot ladders, but the REALITY is that the VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens that enter this country on our southern border WALK ACROSS!

It is the drug smugglers and criminals that have the funding to get creative on how they cross. When we make it so that the coyotes have to charge too much to get people across who are now simply floating or walking across...they will price themselves out of business!

If we finish the fence, that will remove a HUGE chunk of traffic that our limited resources have spread thin to deal with illegal migrants, plus drug cartels and criminals and free them up to concentrate on the REAL PROBLEM. Drug smugglers and criminals!

While I like Rick Perry a lot, he is dead wrong on this one!

There IS a solution that includes things like a path to citizenship for long term, otherwise law abiding illegals and streamlining the immigration process for ALL those who want to come to this country. But any such solution MUST include things like speaking enough English to function and learning about the Constitution for those applying for permanent citizenship. Bio cards and card check systems for those who apply for work visas that would allow us to catch those defrauding our socials services systems. Social Security reform so that illegals can NOT draw SS on the same SSI number as a US citizen or collect SS OUTSIDE the borders of the US. And above all...FINISH THE FENCE!!!

This is a big issue with thousands of tentacles running throughout our economy and society that must be addressed. However, the FIRST step is to secure our borders!

Cause I can promise ya one thing. The INSTANT our economy picks back up...if it does...the tap will turn back on and we'll be RIGHT BACK in the same situation we've been for the last 40 years if we don't close our borders!

Navy, I gotta say, you and Rick are both on the wrong side of the fence issue.

In the places where the new fence that was started under Bush and the republican Congress was completed, the arrest dropped by 85%! There was a corresponding INCREASE in the places, like the national park on the border in Arizona, where the fence was not completed after funding for the fence was cut as part of the democrats first 100 hours promise when they took control of the Congress in '08.

Now people can claim that they'll just get 11 foot ladders, but the REALITY is that the VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens that enter this country on our southern border WALK ACROSS!

It is the drug smugglers and criminals that have the funding to get creative on how they cross. When we make it so that the coyotes have to charge too much to get people across who are now simply floating or walking across...they will price themselves out of business!

If we finish the fence, that will remove a HUGE chunk of traffic that our limited resources have spread thin to deal with illegal migrants, plus drug cartels and criminals and free them up to concentrate on the REAL PROBLEM. Drug smugglers and criminals!

While I like Rick Perry a lot, he is dead wrong on this one!

There IS a solution that includes things like a path to citizenship for long term, otherwise law abiding illegals and streamlining the immigration process for ALL those who want to come to this country. But any such solution MUST include things like speaking enough English to function and learning about the Constitution for those applying for permanent citizenship. Bio cards and card check systems for those who apply for work visas that would allow us to catch those defrauding our socials services systems. Social Security reform so that illegals can NOT draw SS on the same SSI number as a US citizen or collect SS OUTSIDE the borders of the US. And above all...FINISH THE FENCE!!!

This is a big issue with thousands of tentacles running throughout our economy and society that must be addressed. However, the FIRST step is to secure our borders!

Cause I can promise ya one thing. The INSTANT our economy picks back up...if it does...the tap will turn back on and we'll be RIGHT BACK in the same situation we've been for the last 40 years if we don't close our borders!

A large drug tunnel has been discovered by the Mexican Army at the Nogales border crossing point into Arizona and the U.S.. The Washington Post and Associated Press .. report the tunnel is 50-yards long. It is the latest in a series of tunnel discoveries along the border.Big drug tunnel found by Mexican Army in Nogales - Phoenix Business Journal

While I agree with just about everything you said in your post in reference to immigration , am of the opinion that at 2.9 Million dollars per mile that money could be better spent on human assets and your talking about a border that is almost 2000 miles long and to fence the entire length of the border in impractical and will not solove the issue. As you know, San Diego has had a border fence for some time now and that sectors see's a rise and fall according the number of boots on the ground the Border patrol deploys in that region at any given time. The Tucson sector in which you are talking about saw a deployment of more boots on the ground too, so imagine what would happen if we implemented what both you an I agree upon and properly fund a REAL border security agency as well enforce the laws we have already in place. Just my humble opinion here but it would seem that it's pretty pathetic for our Govt. to spend the almost the same amount of money it does on the EPA as it does on the Border Patrol when we spend around 110 Billion a year for Afghanistan and Iraq, which is almost 10 times what the Border Patrol gets. So am of the opinion that Border security is national security and to underfund it leads us to where we are now. As to your point on the economy, I believe your right on the mark there, one of the factors for a downturn in arrests of illegals is our current economic situation and as the economy picks up so to does the number of arrests, fence or otherwise unlesss you properly fund the angecy responsbile for those arrests among other things that both you and I agree upon.

Forum List

Back