Army veteran survives hardships, finds new purpose

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
image.JPG

One of the most inspiring stories I’ve read in a very long time. If this guy can overcome the negatives in his life, anyone can. To me, of everything written, this is the most important point of all:

"I never learned to love myself," he said, later noting "And now I have realized the best way to help the people around me is to help myself. The greatest way I can impact others is by helping myself. I never thought that was possible. I thought that was selfish, and it's not selfish because if you kill yourself what good are you to anybody."

Let’s all take a look in the mirror to discover we’re worth living with.

Much more @ Army veteran survives hardships, finds new purpose

Tens of thousands of other Veterans come out to lead productive lives and this guy's service was relatively typical so if he got on drugs and became homeless it's not the Army's fault. PTSD has become the excuse most favored by fukups. It's good that he finally came around but so what?

Tens of thousands of other Veterans come out to lead productive lives and this guy's service was relatively typical so if he got on drugs and became homeless it's not the Army's fault. PTSD has become the excuse most favored by fukups. It's good that he finally came around but so what?

This was posted to let those suffering from PTSD know that they could get over it and lead a productive life.

Brown isn't a "survivor", he is a fukup and an insult to all the Veterans who come out of the Service to lead productive lives.

Brown isn't a "survivor", he is a fukup and an insult to all the Veterans who come out of the Service to lead productive lives.

Hey, Whitehall, I happen to be a fuckup who has lead a productive life. And, yes, I have PTSD. Got the T-Shirt, the Hat and the Seecrit Decoder ring and everything. I do know others that are much worse off than I can ever be. Maybe I have been lucky. But some are in very sad shape with no light at the end of a tunnel that doesn't belong to an oncoming freight train.

You know Longknife, that quote you like the best from the article is kinda like what a friend of mine told me a long time ago........................

We had been talking about relationships, and I was complaining that I had so far been unable to find a decent woman to settle down with. Ned looked at me, and said, "Rob, true love isn't about FINDING the right person, it's about BECOMING the right person. Start practicing the traits and habits that you find desirable in other people, and they will come find you."

He was right. I took a long hard look at the things I wanted in a partner, and I started to develop all those attributes. Patience, compassion, caring, good communication, etc. And, after a few months, those things I was developing started to become a habit, which eventually led to them becoming a way of living for myself.

image.JPG

One of the most inspiring stories I’ve read in a very long time. If this guy can overcome the negatives in his life, anyone can. To me, of everything written, this is the most important point of all:

"I never learned to love myself," he said, later noting "And now I have realized the best way to help the people around me is to help myself. The greatest way I can impact others is by helping myself. I never thought that was possible. I thought that was selfish, and it's not selfish because if you kill yourself what good are you to anybody."

Hardships are Gods way of directing you towards your purpose.

image.JPG

Hardships are Gods way of directing you towards your purpose.

That reminds me of another thing my friend taught me. He liked to say "God never gives me more than I can handle. He also never gives me less than I can handle. Sometimes, I wish He didn't have such faith in my abilities".

Hey, Whitehall, I happen to be a fuckup who has lead a productive life. And, yes, I have PTSD. Got the T-Shirt, the Hat and the Seecrit Decoder ring and everything. I do know others that are much worse off than I can ever be. Maybe I have been lucky. But some are in very sad shape with no light at the end of a tunnel that doesn't belong to an oncoming freight train.
I spent 22 years in the Police Dept and I probably saw more carnage and hart breaking insanity than the average two or three years of whiners who claim to be cool Veterans but clinically insane for the babes. Stowe it, the babes have y'all fukups figured out.

Forum List

Back