Army Respons to Alabama Killings.......?

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
CNSNews.com - Army Investigating How and Why Troops Were Sent Into Alabama Town After Murder Spree

I have nothing against the Army, but why in the hell were U.S. troops mobilized in response to the Alabama murder spree the other day? It's obvious that some Federal law was broken. From what I've read and heard on the news, the Alabama governor did not ask for assistance.

Will anyone be held accountable for this, or will it be swept under the rug?

I only worry about this because I know Vice President Biden would love to have military troops assisting law enforcement and being present on American streets. ---According to his "Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995."

I heard there was some "review" being done. Ill lean toward "Swept under the rug" till I see otherwise. IMO, this is just the beginning of their( TPTB) putting military in our faces to get us used to it.

Ward said he had his dispatcher call Fort Rucker again and request about 25 officers "to come to Geneva County. … They were here at our request, giving our officers a chance to get something to eat, to take a break before going back on duty. They had no investigative duties, no police powers. All they did was direct traffic."
Authorization from the governor or president is typically required for the deployment of federal troops on U.S. soil. The Army confirmed Wednesday that 22 military police and an officer from Fort Rucker were sent to nearby Samson after a gunman killed 10 people and himself.
Col. Michael Negard of the Army Training and Doctrine Command at Fort Monroe, Va., said officials are trying to determine who ordered the soldiers to Samson, who requested them, why they were sent and what they did there. "This inquiry will also consider whether law, regulation and policy were followed," he said. He declined further comment.
Ward said the soldiers' presence allowed faster processing of the crime scenes. He said the soldiers arrived about 8:30 p.m. the day of the shootings and left at midnight.
In nearly 16 years as sheriff, Ward said he doesn't recall requesting assistance from Fort Rucker before, although he has seen soldiers in the county after tornadoes.
"They did exactly what we asked for and nothing more," Ward said. "For that, I'm grateful."
Mayor King said he was "very glad" to see the soldiers. "The people of Samson want the soldiers and officers of Fort Rucker to know we appreciate them coming," he said.
WTF!!!!!!! Talk about throwing the Constitution out the fucking window!

If the governor didn't order it, the only other person who has the authority is the president, thanks to the John Warner Defense Authorization of 2007 that nullified Posse Comitatus and gave the executive the power to mobilize guard and reserves on home soil.

Get used to this kind of thing. This is the new America.

CNSNews.com - Army Investigating How and Why Troops Were Sent Into Alabama Town After Murder Spree

I have nothing against the Army, but why in the hell were U.S. troops mobilized in response to the Alabama murder spree the other day? It's obvious that some Federal law was broken. From what I've read and heard on the news, the Alabama governor did not ask for assistance.

Will anyone be held accountable for this, or will it be swept under the rug?

I only worry about this because I know Vice President Biden would love to have military troops assisting law enforcement and being present on American streets. ---According to his "Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995."

Yeah, while in the meantime they're sending our National Guard troops to Afghfuckinganistan and Iraq.

This is right on par with liberal control of the military. The Clinton's had cadets fucking bus tables at their orgies and money-laundering fetes.

I'm thinking more and more that this administration isn't going to be worried about things that are "unconstitutional."

You know, it makes me sick to see our Constitution destroyed this way. I understand that the city may have a standing agreement with the military base, but whose authority was it to make that agreement? From what I've read, the governor of Alabama knew of such an agreement. And if the mayor had this agreement, he's done something unconstitutional; in my opinion anyway.

Now, morally, I don't have a problem with seeing military on the streets. I think we need to send a couple of companies into our gang and crime filled cities and to the U.S. border with Mexico. But as long as it's federal constitutional law, I think it needs to be respected.

I'm thinking more and more that this administration isn't going to be worried about things that are "unconstitutional."
i have yet to see any details that show the administration had anything to do with this

what i have seen, points to some low level people doing something they have no authority to do

i have yet to see any details that show the administration had anything to do with this

what i have seen, points to some low level people doing something they have no authority to do

Yeah, that's the way it looks. But wait... Didn't Bush get pinned with the things that happened in a certain prison in Iraq? If we where to act just like the libs we'd pin this on Obama.

Yeah, that's the way it looks. But wait... Didn't Bush get pinned with the things that happened in a certain prison in Iraq? If we where to act just like the libs we'd pin this on Obama.
i'm not a stupid moronic liberal that places blame where it doesnt belong

i'm not a stupid moronic liberal that places blame where it doesnt belong

I agree with Angel Heart on the partisan political posters; however, I'm also not quite ready to throw the blame on the administration. I heard a news report about this where the white-house refused to comment on the incident. Now that doesn't mean they have anything to do with this by any stretch of the imagination, however, if they don't have anything to do with it, they sure as hell better be investigating it.

I don't remember the last administration that was worried about what is or isn't constitutional.

It's a piece of paper that politicians hold up as high principle when it suits their purposes. They are just as quick to use it as toilet paper. Only the young and gullible see it as anything else.

This outlook by our politicians isn't party specific. Both democrats and republicans may as well be peas in a pod.

I don't remember the last administration that was worried about what is or isn't constitutional.

It's a piece of paper that politicians hold up as high principle when it suits their purposes. They are just as quick to use it as toilet paper. Only the young and gullible see it as anything else.

This outlook by our politicians isn't party specific. Both democrats and republicans may as well be peas in a pod.

I guess Thomas Jefferson, Franklin, and Adams were young and gullible when they designed it.....:cuckoo:

It's called believing in what the Consitution says and not misconsruing to fit one's needs. IMO, the Constitution is pretty cut and dry. It's politicians and special-interests groups who have complicated easily understandable amendments.

Forum List

Back