Army research lab: Printing New Skin with Ink Jet Printers

R

rdean

Printing New Skin: Saving Lives with Ink Jet Printers [VIDEO]|Armed with Science

By modifying an ink jet printer and growing skin cells from a patient’s body, an Army research lab has developed an amazing treatment for severe burns: printing new skin.

Once the patient’s skin cells are in a sterile ink cartridge, a computer uses a three dimensional map of the wound to guide the printing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHz4akTdno0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Printing New Skin: Saving Lives with Ink Jet Printers[/ame]

Can this be happening?

Military is not only about killing people. Military is for saving lives, protecting nation from those who want to create disturbance in a peaceful society by their evil thoughts.

Very cool medical breakthrough if it works out.

Having once very briefly had to work with serverly burned patients who spend years and underwent skingraft operation after skingraft operation to close those burned sections of their skin, this breakthrough could eleviate human suffering and save lives like crazy if it works.

Last edited:
Very cool medical breakthrough if it works out.

Having once very briefly had to work with serverly burned patients who spend years and underwent skingraft operation after skingraft operation to close those burned sections of their skin, this breakthrough could eleviate human suffering and save lives like crazy if it works.

Let's hope for the best here. :)

Printing New Skin: Saving Lives with Ink Jet Printers [VIDEO]|Armed with Science

By modifying an ink jet printer and growing skin cells from a patient’s body, an Army research lab has developed an amazing treatment for severe burns: printing new skin.

Once the patient’s skin cells are in a sterile ink cartridge, a computer uses a three dimensional map of the wound to guide the printing.

YouTube - Printing New Skin: Saving Lives with Ink Jet Printers

Can this be happening?

Yes, it can be happening and much more than this has been going on. Remember movie "Terminator I"? If you paid attention, then you will note that in original Terminator, you are given hint of a robot having flesh-like skin and human attributes. While some people believe that was mere sci-fi, it was not. Some science fictions are in fact hand-tipping.

Anyway, I like any application of technology that helps humankind. And just in case you did not know, scientists have manufactured blood that can deceive the human system into believing for few minutes that it is real, though the blood does not contain life. And it is because of this fact that I have never understood why the government would not focus on manufacturing oil to prevent all the wars due to oil.

YouTube - Printing New Skin: Saving Lives with Ink Jet Printers

Can this be happening?

Yes, it can be happening and much more than this has been going on. Remember movie "Terminator I"? If you paid attention, then you will note that in original Terminator, you are given hint of a robot having flesh-like skin and human attributes. While some people believe that was mere sci-fi, it was not. Some science fictions are in fact hand-tipping.

Anyway, I like any application of technology that helps humankind. And just in case you did not know, scientists have manufactured blood that can deceive the human system into believing for few minutes that it is real, though the blood does not contain life. And it is because of this fact that I have never understood why the government would not focus on manufacturing oil to prevent all the wars due to oil.

We have manufactured oil and the process is actually rather easy. The problem is that it is expensive.

This is funny as hell though. Printing out skin, lol.

Forum List

Back