Army 'on standby' to handle food and medicines shortages in event of 'no deal' Brexit

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Army 'on standby' to handle food and medicines shortages in event of 'no deal' Brexit

The army is on standby to help deliver food, medicines and fuels if there are shortages in the wake of a "no deal" Brexit, it has been reported.

Plans for the armed forces to help civilian authorities in the event of civil emergencies have been dusted off as part of contingency preparations for Britain leaving the EU without an agreement, according to Sunday Times.

This would see helicopters and army trucks being used to get supplies to vulnerable people outside the South East who were having difficulties getting the medicines they require, according to the newspaper.

Hooraah!!

What a brave new world these dickheads have created.

This is unprecedented in my lifteime. The UK is paving the way to be a military dictatorship.

The army is on standby to help deliver food, medicines and fuels if there are shortages in the wake of a "no deal" Brexit, it has been reported.

Plans for the armed forces to help civilian authorities in the event of civil emergencies have been dusted off as part of contingency preparations for Britain leaving the EU without an agreement, according to Sunday Times.

This would see helicopters and army trucks being used to get supplies to vulnerable people outside the South East who were having difficulties getting the medicines they require, according to the newspaper.

Hooraah!!

This is unprecedented in my lifteime. The UK is paving the way to be a military dictatorship.
How much ahead of time this thread was. Hard to claim I had any special insight. this conservative government is a result of dumbing down the UK.

Hooraah!!

shouldnt this be in the history section?? it is 3 yrs old,,

How much ahead of time this thread was. Hard to claim I had any special insight. this conservative government is a result of dumbing down the UK.
No real surprise there, if you look at some of your other threads from 2018 and 2019 "No deal Brexit will cause recession" and "Brexit no deal will see immediate food and medicine shortages in UK" Those too are happening now. Seems "Blow-job's" "oven ready deal" was no deal at all. So where are those sunny uplands he talked about?

Oh, 2000 RLC drivers are never going to make up the shortfall of 100000+ HGV drivers, not even sure if RLC are even trained on artics, should be interesting...

No real surprise there, if you look at some of your other threads from 2018 and 2019 "No deal Brexit will cause recession" and "Brexit no deal will see immediate food and medicine shortages in UK" Those too are happening now. Seems "Blow-job's" "oven ready deal" was no deal at all. So where are those sunny uplands he talked about?

Oh, 2000 RLC drivers are never going to make up the shortfall of 100000+ HGV drivers, not even sure if RLC are even trained on artics, should be interesting...
I havent been in a big store for about 2 years. Mrs T tells me that there is something missing every time.
One thing that has changed around us is that local farmers have now set up milk dispensers at the farm gate and we have been getting our milk from there. It may be they will start getting a decent price for their product now.

I havent been in a big store for about 2 years. Mrs T tells me that there is something missing every time.
One thing that has changed around us is that local farmers have now set up milk dispensers at the farm gate and we have been getting our milk from there. It may be they will start getting a decent price for their product now.
sounds like its going to help the litttle guy and hurt the big ones,,

I call that a win for your country,,

Alex Belfield? Seriously? The guy is currently out on bail after being arrested for stalking and is awaiting trial. The guy is a complete whack job who has been fired or left over 80 jobs and he's only 41 years old, and is now reduced to trying to make a living on You-Tube! Oh, and in this garbage video, Germany's EU contribution was 13.5 billion Euros already so the rise is only 2.5 billion.

It's the same where I live, the big supermarkets often have empty shelve for some product or other, farmers are complaining they can't get the labour to harvest their crops. As for getting a decent price, they can charge what they like, but if there's no-one able to afford it, they'll still lose out. It's a nightmare in the UK at the moment, I'm glad I'm in Spain.

Oh, yes, I'm sure it'll be easy to demolish houses in the cities, plough the land and wait for the grass to grow so a new dairy farm can be created, puhleese!
if you want to waste the time doing it,, better to do like the old days where the farmers came into town and delivered,,

Oh, yes, I'm sure it'll be easy to demolish houses in the cities, plough the land and wait for the grass to grow so a new dairy farm can be created, puhleese!
Come on, guys, the Israelis dairy farms are the best in the world. And the Britons with their climate can't produce enough milk for themselves?

Come on, guys, the Israelis dairy farms are the best in the world. And the Britons with their climate can't produce enough milk for themselves?

They were throwing it away at one stage, because the poor cows were over producing, due to EU quotas.

And not to forget, the butter mountain.

Forum List

Back