Army: Fort Hood suspect shouted religious slogan before firing

Look to me (my opinion) is this guy had a preexisting mental health issue and his religious beliefs enhanced it. The guy was a loose cannon and nobody advanced their findings to do anything about it. With his possible deployment, his really bad performance rating he was suicidal. He thought he was going down in a blaze of Glory in that he wanted to screw the Military because he thought the Military was screwing him for not letting him out of any deployments. Excuse for his crime....OH HELL NO...but to say this was a planned effort by Terrorist is just not so.

I think the Military should take heed and develop procedures to identify people that might have issues. I actually think that Muslims serving in our Military should be interviewed and asked questions pertaining to their views on the war, their faith, and if they have any issues with it. This Major had many warning signs out there and nobody elevated their concerns.

and poor old MSNBC is still trying to spin PTSD... This guy did it from pure ideology and rage. nothing more. MSNBC is pathetic.
Its my understanding he wasn't deployed yet, kind of hard to have PTSD without being in a combat zone.

Having counseled scores of returning soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder, first at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington and more recently at Fort Hood, he knew all too well the terrifying realities of war, said a cousin, Nader Hasan.

“He was mortified by the idea of having to deploy,” Mr. Hasan said. “He had people telling him on a daily basis the horrors they saw over there.”

NYT: Suspect ‘mortified’ about deployment - The New York Times- msnbc.com

So then the argument is that PTSD is contagious? I'm sure most soldiers are anxious about deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan, and Hasan's level of anxiety may have been particularly high because he spent so much time talking to those soldiers who were least able to handle the stresses of deployment to those regions, but how many dress up in religious attire and shout "Allahu Akbar!" while firing off dozens of rounds, killing 12 and wounding 31 random victims, as the article cited in OP states? His actions are an exact parallel to the actions of the suicide bombers he defended in his blog entry:

“To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause,” said the Internet posting. “Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers.”

All the evidence so far indicates that Hasan was a religious fanatic who committed his actions in the name of his faith and in the name of the God he believed in, and when people try to explain away the atrocious actions of a religious fanatic like Hasan - contagious PTSD! - out of fear that not doing so may lead to more bias against Muslims, they blur the distinction between those Muslims who would endorse and encourage such actions, maybe very few, and those Muslims who are as horrified and appalled by them as anyone else, maybe the great majority, at least here in the US, and thereby inadvertently strengthen the argument that most or all Muslims are not to be trusted.

I have just a few statements.
God Bless America
God Bless our Troops
and
USA!! USA!! USA!!! USA!!!
The coward soldier that befriended the U.S and attacked our own should feel very unlucky that he is not dead himself. There is no excuse for someone to be that cold hearted and evil. I wish him the worst of life for the rest of his days alive, and send this terrorist to Gitmo with the rest.
My heart goes out to the families of everyone envolved, including Hasan's, i cant imagine what life is like for them now knowing their son is a terrorist.

Look to me (my opinion) is this guy had a preexisting mental health issue and his religious beliefs enhanced it. The guy was a loose cannon and nobody advanced their findings to do anything about it. With his possible deployment, his really bad performance rating he was suicidal. He thought he was going down in a blaze of Glory in that he wanted to screw the Military because he thought the Military was screwing him for not letting him out of any deployments. Excuse for his crime....OH HELL NO...but to say this was a planned effort by Terrorist is just not so.

I think the Military should take heed and develop procedures to identify people that might have issues. I actually think that Muslims serving in our Military should be interviewed and asked questions pertaining to their views on the war, their faith, and if they have any issues with it. This Major had many warning signs out there and nobody elevated their concerns.
Anyone who shows signs of being whacked out about their faith should not pass the psyche eval. And, if they still pass that but later show signs of developing it, another psyche eval should be ordered.

Of course, this guy was a psychiatrist, so WTF, eh?

But, there are differences between forensic evaluators and clinicians.

they had amply prior knowledge of Oklahoma.. the first wtc bombing couldn't of happened without help from the FBI ..there was amply Intel on the 9/11 hijackers and I would not be surprised that they knew this guy was about to snap well in advance and saw a opportunity that could be politically beneficial
more information is needed but it would not surprise me if was already under investigation or receiving treatment for depression..the first thing I said to my girl before hearing he was a psychiatrist was.. if this guy is under military psychiatric treatment or in psyops work that would be the first red flag..

Last edited:

Anyone who shows signs of being whacked out about their faith should not pass the psyche eval. And, if they still pass that but later show signs of developing it, another psyche eval should be ordered.
Yes and as a big supporter to our Military they did drop the ball here. I don't blame them for what happened but they must identify their short comings in order to possible prevent this again. This is twice now that a Military member of that faith killed our soldiers within our borders. It has to stop.

Yes and as a big supporter to our Military they did drop the ball here. I don't blame them for what happened but they must identify their short comings in order to possible prevent this again. This is twice now that a Military member of that faith killed our soldiers within our borders. It has to stop.
I agree.

Well Cali I'm not focusiing on all Muslims, just the radical arm of that religion which seems to think that murdering civilians is the way to push their agenda. I have nothing against the majority of Muslims at all.

Like you, I can imagine what his family is thinking right now. I'm sure they are mortified at what he did and will be looking for any plausible reason.

I'm a military brat also. My DAd, all my Uncles, My Aunts, my Mom and two Brothers were all military. Probably two different generations that you are. I shudder to think what my Dad reaction would be.

As for the Quote button?? Not that handy on the computor.

AS for you bodecea, well where in what I wrote did it say he should be arrested. Really, you need to comprehend what you read. I said he should have been investigated. If he had been investigated this whole tragedy might not have happened.

As far as investigating this soldier that befriended our Army and the United States, i agree. But this is the army not the FBI. We breed soldiers and teach them skills and fundamentals to engage in warfare. The intelligence isn't focused on cowards who would be so cold hearted and evil. When you sign up for the military it's for your a cause greater than yourself. You wouldn't think to many terrorist would try and join, but then again it would be perfect for them. In any case, we don't see this to often in our military so I can see why they didn't catch it. I believe that there should be more security in the buildings and around the area incase a coward shows up again and trys to reinact this past attack.
This event will have a heading inpact on the trust of muslims for the good or bad. In no way am i saying that muslims are bad people. Im stating that they will be harder to trust and be around because of common profiling from past events.

Apparantly the FBI had been watching this guy for a while because of his blogging. PC has just killed another 13 Americans. Wonder when people will wise up and realize Muslims are trying to kill us and PC will be the death of many more???

Another farrightoid's hasty generalization based on a single incident to further the wingnut right's desire to suppres unpopular religions.

And say Claudette is right. Christians and Muslims have been killing one for more than a 1,000 years. We can protect the Constitution and ourselves without giving into wingnut fears.

As far as investigating this soldier that befriended our Army and the United States, i agree. But this is the army not the FBI. We breed soldiers and teach them skills and fundamentals to engage in warfare. The intelligence isn't focused on cowards who would be so cold hearted and evil. When you sign up for the military it's for your a cause greater than yourself. You wouldn't think to many terrorist would try and join, but then again it would be perfect for them. In any case, we don't see this to often in our military so I can see why they didn't catch it. I believe that there should be more security in the buildings and around the area incase a coward shows up again and trys to reinact this past attack.
This event will have a heading inpact on the trust of muslims for the good or bad. In no way am i saying that muslims are bad people. Im stating that they will be harder to trust and be around because of common profiling from past events.

The focus is to adapt to the Need, not make excuses.

yes indeed ... harder to trust Muslims..returning vets..christian pro-life.. teabaggers and those that question 9/11...the only people above suspicion are .....Obama supporters...and the only solution to give you some of our liberty for security and allow big brother to protect us from each other...

Shane, he didn't 'befriend' the military - he is part of the military. He's American. He was born here.

And, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest you actually know sweet fuck all about security on military bases.

Gotta love the 'experts' who have no experience, just opinion.

Apparantly the FBI had been watching this guy for a while because of his blogging. PC has just killed another 13 Americans. Wonder when people will wise up and realize Muslims are trying to kill us and PC will be the death of many more???

So, he should have been arrested for his blogs. There's a lot of people here I can give names to the FBI to make it easier if that's what should be done.

unfortunately, the first amendment protects this "person" from being arrested for his blogs. freedom of speech.

I hope his gunshot wounds get infected and he dies a very slow, painful death.

No he shouldn't and couldn't be arrested for blogging. Christ if they arrested someone for what he wrote on a blog we would all be in jail.

What I did said was that if they had looked into the direction his blogs were taking they may have been able to prevent the disaster at Ft. Hood from happening. I also believe that because he was a Muslim PC had a lot to do with it. Am I right?? Don't know.

Hmmm Nesser, Let me think,

1. Muslims blew a hole in the USS Cole and killed Americans

2. Muslims bombed two embassy's in Africa and killed many, Americans among them

3. Muslims blew up a nightclub in Bali and killed hundreds, Americans among them

4. Muslime bombed the twin towers not once but twice and killed 3,000 Americans

5, Musllims bombed the Kobar Towers and killed Americans

You kinda sorta think that mayby they are trying to kill us??? Ya think mayby when one is blogging about suicide bombings and threats that mayby, just mayby, he should be investigated regardless of the PC???? I sure as hell do. I have nothing agains Muslims per se, just the ones who are trying to kill Americans!!!
Actually, we're pretty lucky that in our Nation's history we've only had 5 terrorist type attacks on us. Ever.

Hasan has destroyed the future of all Muslims in the Armed Services. Based on his actions, no soldier is going to trust any Muslim soldier who is fighting next to him

NO HE HASN'T! Military men are just some brain dead rednecks! They are taught loyalty and respect!

Once in combat, you don't care about your comrade's skin color or religion, you care about his fighting skills! Similar to how whites, blacks and latinos fought side by side in Vietnam!

Hasan has destroyed the future of all Muslims in the Armed Services. Based on his actions, no soldier is going to trust any Muslim soldier who is fighting next to him

NO HE HASN'T! Military men are just some brain dead rednecks! They are taught loyalty and respect!

Once in combat, you don't care about your comrade's skin color or religion, you care about his fighting skills! Similar to how whites, blacks and latinos fought side by side in Vietnam!

Like hell

Most of the Military are fundamentalist Christians. They don't care about the color of your skin, but if you don't profess to love Jesus your ability to access the inner circle is restricted.
Jews, Muslims and atheists have it tough in the Military. Catholics do not fare much better

Hmmm Nesser, Let me think,

1. Muslims blew a hole in the USS Cole and killed Americans

2. Muslims bombed two embassy's in Africa and killed many, Americans among them

3. Muslims blew up a nightclub in Bali and killed hundreds, Americans among them

4. Muslime bombed the twin towers not once but twice and killed 3,000 Americans

5, Musllims bombed the Kobar Towers and killed Americans

You kinda sorta think that mayby they are trying to kill us??? Ya think mayby when one is blogging about suicide bombings and threats that mayby, just mayby, he should be investigated regardless of the PC???? I sure as hell do. I have nothing agains Muslims per se, just the ones who are trying to kill Americans!!!
Actually, we're pretty lucky that in our Nation's history we've only had 5 terrorist type attacks on us. Ever.

Come on there have been a ton more attacks!

Forum List

Back