Army: Fort Hood suspect shouted religious slogan before firing

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
FORT HOOD — An Army psychiatrist about to be deployed to a combat zone overseas shouted a religious slogan in Arabic before fatally shooting 13 people — including 12 soldiers — and injuring 28 others at this sprawling Central Texas military post on Thursday.

Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander at Fort Hood, said on NBC's Today Show that witnesses heard Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan shout "Allahu Akbar!" before opening fire. The phrase means "God is great!" in Arabic.

The death toll rose by one overnight when one of the wounded died. Today, Col. John Rossi said all the wounded were in stable condition, including the suspect and the policewoman who shot him.

Identities of the dead and wounded were not released this morning as notification of family members continued, Rossi said.

Hasan is accused of attacking his fellow soldiers about 1:30 p.m. at the Soldier Readiness Processing Center, where troops waited to see doctors as they prepared to deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan — or return from combat. Armed with two pistols, he shot more than 40 people before military police and civilian police officers responded, officials said. He was wounded by a civilian policewoman, who was injured in the exchange, police said.

The assault lasted about 10 minutes, Rossi said.

Hasan's motives were unclear, and early on Thursday, he showed no signs of worry or stress when he stopped at 7-Eleven for his daily breakfast of hash browns, said Jeannie Strickland, the store's manager.

“He came in (Thursday) morning just like normal,” she said.

However, surveillance video showed he was wearing religious attire rather than typical civilian or medical clothing. Strickland said that was unusual and she asked him about it, but he replied that he did that sometimes.

Federal law enforcement officials told the Associated Press that Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.

One of the Web posts that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

“To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause,” said the Internet posting. “Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers.”

The officials say Hasan appeared to have made the postings, but they are still trying to confirm that he was the author. They say an official investigation was not opened.

Army: Fort Hood suspect shouted religious slogan before firing | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

and poor old MSNBC is still trying to spin PTSD... This guy did it from pure ideology and rage. nothing more. MSNBC is pathetic.

Hasan has destroyed the future of all Muslims in the Armed Services. Based on his actions, no soldier is going to trust any Muslim soldier who is fighting next to him

just woke up, was checking to see how strong the spin would be

Hasan has destroyed the future of all Muslims in the Armed Services. Based on his actions, no soldier is going to trust any Muslim soldier who is fighting next to him

I would like to believe that is the case, but look at how we have bent over backwards as a nation to kiss Moslem ass on American soil since 9/11.

We've gone to great lengths to point out how "peaceful *most* Moslems are". There were commercials on TV designed to hammer home that idea as well.

Our children have been spoon-fed a steady diet of "Peaceful Islam" in their schools, even going so far in many school districts to make Moslem holy days a day off for whole districts.

We have special Chefs at GITMO who prepare Halal meals for the detainees...and we provide them each with a Koran (that most of 'em can't even read), a prayer rug, and we call them to prayer over the loudspeakers 5 times a day....hell, we even point out the way to Mecca and Medina for them at GITMO.

So, you know, nice thought but I just don't see it happening. There's going to be a bogus orgy of press talking about how "discriminated against" Hassan felt and how rough he had it in the Army as a Moslem, and how we need to work *harder* to make Moslem military members feel accepted and loved by all.

Sure....right. Hassan was "discriminated against". :rolleyes:

*We, The People* sent him to college and Medical School on our taxpayer dime. He has MD after his name ON US.

His MOS was to HELP AMERICAN SOLDIERS, *NOT* KILL THEM.

And now 13 lay dead, 28 wounded.....because he couldn't square his religious beliefs with his job.....to help soliders.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

I'd venture to say there aren't too many Mooseheads in the Empires Confiscation Forces.
I think killing your cousins for Exxon is prohibited by the Koran.

Apparantly the FBI had been watching this guy for a while because of his blogging. PC has just killed another 13 Americans. Wonder when people will wise up and realize Muslims are trying to kill us and PC will be the death of many more???

Apparantly the FBI had been watching this guy for a while because of his blogging. PC has just killed another 13 Americans. Wonder when people will wise up and realize Muslims are trying to kill us and PC will be the death of many more???

I'm going to pretend like that wasn't just a bunch of hateful bullshit and instead I'll ask you: what do you propose should be done about this 'Muslim plague' then?

and poor old MSNBC is still trying to spin PTSD... This guy did it from pure ideology and rage. nothing more. MSNBC is pathetic.
Its my understanding he wasn't deployed yet, kind of hard to have PTSD without being in a combat zone.

Having counseled scores of returning soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder, first at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington and more recently at Fort Hood, he knew all too well the terrifying realities of war, said a cousin, Nader Hasan.

“He was mortified by the idea of having to deploy,” Mr. Hasan said. “He had people telling him on a daily basis the horrors they saw over there.”

NYT: Suspect ‘mortified’ about deployment - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Hmmm Nesser, Let me think,

1. Muslims blew a hole in the USS Cole and killed Americans

2. Muslims bombed two embassy's in Africa and killed many, Americans among them

3. Muslims blew up a nightclub in Bali and killed hundreds, Americans among them

4. Muslime bombed the twin towers not once but twice and killed 3,000 Americans

5, Musllims bombed the Kobar Towers and killed Americans

You kinda sorta think that mayby they are trying to kill us??? Ya think mayby when one is blogging about suicide bombings and threats that mayby, just mayby, he should be investigated regardless of the PC???? I sure as hell do. I have nothing agains Muslims per se, just the ones who are trying to kill Americans!!!

Hmmm Nesser, Let me think,

1. Muslims blew a hole in the USS Cole and killed Americans

2. Muslims bombed two embassy's in Africa and killed many, Americans among them

3. Muslims blew up a nightclub in Bali and killed hundreds, Americans among them

4. Muslime bombed the twin towers not once but twice and killed 3,000 Americans

5, Musllims bombed the Kobar Towers and killed Americans

You kinda sorta think that mayby they are trying to kill us??? Ya think mayby when one is blogging about suicide bombings and threats that mayby, just mayby, he should be investigated regardless of the PC???? I sure as hell do. I have nothing agains Muslims per se, just the ones who are trying to kill Americans!!!

What a ridiculous bunch of crap.

Some muslims - not ALL muslims. Grow the fuck up and stop being such a fucking coward. Some people in the world hate us - not because we are evil but because of what American stands for. But millions of muslims live among us and most of them are just like us. They just happen to practice a faith that is different to yours. Since when has that been a bad thing in the US? We were founded on religious freedom. We should not disparage a whole religion based on the extremist element within it. If for no other reason than that is exactly what that extremist element want. They want us to hate them. I think we should be bigger than that.

Cali. If you read what I wrote I clearly stated I have nothing against Muslims per se, and I don't. I just have problem with the radical arm that want to kill us. Mayby you should get your fucking head out of the sand and smell the coffe girl. Not all Muslims love us. Some want to kill us and who cares what the reason is.

As for the ridiculous bunch of crap, why don't you tell that to the families of those that died due to this "CRAP". I'm sure they will appreciate your viewpoint.

Cali. If you read what I wrote I clearly stated I have nothing against Muslims per se, and I don't. I just have problem with the radical arm that want to kill us. Mayby you should get your fucking head out of the sand and smell the coffe girl. Not all Muslims love us. Some want to kill us and who cares what the reason is.

As for the ridiculous bunch of crap, why don't you tell that to the families of those that died due to this "CRAP". I'm sure they will appreciate your viewpoint.

Claudette:

1. Why don't you learn to use the quote button?

2. Since I come from a Military family, I am quite confident that many of them agree with me.

3. Why don't you just wait to find out what ACTUALLY happened instead of ranting?

Oh, and they didn't "kill 3000 Americans" in the WTC. A lot of other countries lost citizens too.

Focusing anger at the individual concerned is fine - actually more than fine - I just happen to think we should focus on that - the INDIVIDUAL and not Muslims generally. This guy had a family who are probably just as horrified as the rest of us by what happened.

Last edited:

So, he should have been arrested for his blogs. There's a lot of people here I can give names to the FBI to make it easier if that's what should be done.

So, he should have been arrested for his blogs. There's a lot of people here I can give names to the FBI to make it easier if that's what should be done.

Holy crap. I agree with you! I hope you find that as worrying as I do.

Forum List

Back