Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years

it was all rhetoric.

Okay, let's be absolutely clear here.

Rhetoric is the art of using language as a means to persuade.

So.... Obama engaged in using RHETORIC in order to win an election <gasp> and everyone who voted for CHANGE is FOS. Is that about right?

No. Obama is full of shit. All the people who voted for change were duped imo.

I see.... There is no intelligent life out there. No one else realizes that politicans use rhetoric to win.

Okay, let's be absolutely clear here.

Rhetoric is the art of using language as a means to persuade.

So.... Obama engaged in using RHETORIC in order to win an election <gasp> and everyone who voted for CHANGE is FOS. Is that about right?

I see.... There is no intelligent life out there. No one else realizes that politicans use rhetoric to win.

Oh I realize it. using rhetoric to win is another form of bullshit, wouldn't you agree?

And you are using a contingency plan that would exist no matter who is POTUS to make your point?

i guess you see campaign promises as bullshit.

Don't you?

do you not see the difference between what obama told people and how he is actually treating iraq?

The man has set forth a plan to get combat troops out by the end of next summer. Some would call that "ending the war" while others would maintain that he's "continuing the occupation."

He's not going to satisfy everyone and those who will attack him for the sake of attacking him will do just that.

no, i hope that campaign promises are...just that....promises. just because nearly every promise is bullshit, doesn't mean we have to hold it against the next candidate. enter obama........people said he was different...all i am doing is showing he is not. yet, you seem to be fighting me on this point.

the fact is A15......his campaign speeches about iraq look nothing like what is developing now. mccan pointed that out and was ridiculed. are you now apart of the group that ridicules those who dare point out the hypocrisy from obama?

i guess you see campaign promises as bullshit.

Don't you?

do you not see the difference between what obama told people and how he is actually treating iraq?

The man has set forth a plan to get combat troops out by the end of next summer. Some would call that "ending the war" while others would maintain that he's "continuing the occupation."

He's not going to satisfy everyone and those who will attack him for the sake of attacking him will do just that.

no, i hope that campaign promises are...just that....promises. just because nearly every promise is bullshit, doesn't mean we have to hold it against the next candidate. enter obama........people said he was different...all i am doing is showing he is not. yet, you seem to be fighting me on this point.

the fact is A15......his campaign speeches about iraq look nothing like what is developing now. mccan pointed that out and was ridiculed. are you now apart of the group that ridicules those who dare point out the hypocrisy from obama?

I take issue with you using a contingency plan that would exist no matter what as an angle to attack Obama.

But it sounds to me like you have a bad case of true believeridus.

You are saying his actions now that he has taken office aren't exactly what he said he was going to do during the campaign. I'll look you dead in the eye and say, "So what?"

What's your purpose with this thread? To stick it to the far left because Barry isn't doing exactly what they wanted him to?

What are your feelings about his Iraq policy as a stand alone entity?

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is prepared to leave fighting forces in Iraq for as long as a decade despite an agreement between the United States and Iraq that would bring all American troops home by 2012, the top U.S. Army officer said Tuesday.

Gen. George Casey, the Army chief of staff, said the world remains dangerous and unpredictable, and the Pentagon must plan for extended U.S. combat and stability operations in two wars. "Global trends are pushing in the wrong direction," Casey said. "They fundamentally will change how the Army works."

Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years - Yahoo! News

way to go obama....such change, such difference between you and mccain :lol:

It's called a contingency plan. We have lots of them.

You weren't saying that when McCain said 100 years, now where you?

WASHINGTON &#8211; The Pentagon is prepared to leave fighting forces in Iraq for as long as a decade despite an agreement between the United States and Iraq that would bring all American troops home by 2012, the top U.S. Army officer said Tuesday.

Gen. George Casey, the Army chief of staff, said the world remains dangerous and unpredictable, and the Pentagon must plan for extended U.S. combat and stability operations in two wars. "Global trends are pushing in the wrong direction," Casey said. "They fundamentally will change how the Army works."

Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years - Yahoo! News

way to go obama....such change, such difference between you and mccain :lol:

McCain's quote:

QUESTIONER: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years&#8230;

McCAIN: Maybe a hundred. Make it one hundred. We&#8217;ve been in South Korea, we&#8217;ve been in Japan for sixty years. We&#8217;ve been in South Korea for fifty years or so. That&#8217;d be fine with me as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. Then it&#8217;s fine with me. I would hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

Big difference between that and the Army Chief of Staff stating the Army is prepared to be in Iraq for another 10 years if need be especially when Obama has already gotten the ball rolling to remove combat troops from Iraq by next summer.

So yeah, I wasn't saying that when McCain said 100 years.

McCain's quote:

QUESTIONER: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years…

McCAIN: Maybe 100. We’ve been in South Korea… We’ve been in Japan for 60 years, we’ve been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That’d be fine with me, as long as Americans… as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. It’s fine with me, I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

Big difference between that and the Army Chief of Staff stating the Army is prepared to be in Iraq for another 10 years if need be especially when Obama has already gotten the ball rolling to remove combat troops from Iraq by next summer.

Your right, McCain SPECIFIED NO COMBAT, the Pentagon plan is ALL about Combat. You may want to reread the Pentagon plan, IT SPECIFICALLY states LEAVING COMBAT TROOPS, in numbers , in Iraq. Not to protect bases or Americans but to fight for Iraq.

Hypocrite.

McCain's quote:

QUESTIONER: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years&#8230;

McCAIN: Maybe 100. We&#8217;ve been in South Korea&#8230; We&#8217;ve been in Japan for 60 years, we&#8217;ve been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That&#8217;d be fine with me, as long as Americans&#8230; as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. It&#8217;s fine with me, I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

Your right, McCain SPECIFIED NO COMBAT, the Pentagon plan is ALL about Combat. You may want to reread the Pentagon plan, IT SPECIFICALLY states LEAVING COMBAT TROOPS, in numbers , in Iraq. Not to protect bases or Americans but to fight for Iraq.

Hypocrite.

Hypocrite? Hardly.

I'm aware that the Pentagon plan states leaving combats troops in Iraq if a situation arises where we need to keep them there.

It's a contingency plan not THE plan.

McCain's quote:

QUESTIONER: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years…

McCAIN: Maybe 100. We’ve been in South Korea… We’ve been in Japan for 60 years, we’ve been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That’d be fine with me, as long as Americans… as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. It’s fine with me, I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

Hypocrite.

Maybe the Nostradamus freaks are right. Wasn't there something in his poems about Osamabush?
Maybe he meant Obamabush.:lol:

Oh I realize it. using rhetoric to win is another form of bullshit, wouldn't you agree?

ABsolutely! The point is, it can't be possible that EVERYONE who voted for the man is incapable of recongizing it and that, in fact, all politicians do this. Why, they've even admitted as much. So what the fuck WAS their reason? Hope (best hope we have). Change (gotta be better than what we have) -- love that one BTW, as if we weren't going to get SOMEONE other than what we had. Accountability (say what?) Need I continue?

ABsolutely! The point is, it can't be possible that EVERYONE who voted for the man is incapable of recongizing it and that, in fact, all politicians do this. Why, they've even admitted as much. So what the fuck WAS their reason? Hope (best hope we have). Change (gotta be better than what we have) -- love that one BTW, as if we weren't going to get SOMEONE other than what we had. Accountability (say what?) Need I continue?

Punish Bush and the Republican party.

McCain ran a horrible campaign, Obama ran an excellent one.

Retribution is such a fine way to choose the leader of our country.

Retribution is such a fine way to choose the leader of our country.

The point is that Republicans need to realize that they themselves are a big reason why they have been buried by the voting public the last two elections.

Another factor ... Sarah Palin or the media portrayal of her as some prefer to call it drove moderates and Independents away from McCain.

Forum List

Back