Army affirms its ban on women in combat

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Army affirms its ban on women in combat
By Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Army Secretary Francis Harvey has told Congress that the service will keep the Pentagon's ban against female soldiers in ground combat, including no assignments to units that routinely embed with war fighters.

The Army had been reviewing the 1994 ban to see whether changes should be made to coincide with a sweeping transformation plan for combat brigades. Some officers at the Pentagon advocate lifting the ban on embedding, or collocating, sex-integrated support units with infantry, armor and other combat units.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20050119-121710-8327r.htm

my opinion on the matter is if they want to go, they can volunteer for a combat unit, not a combat support unit, but a combat unit.

gop_jeff said:
Army Secretary Francis Harvey has told Congress that the service will keep the Pentagon's ban against female soldiers in ground combat, including no assignments to units that routinely embed with war fighters.
That's too bad. Those brave fighters of ours would prolly like to get inbed with some female soldiers imo. :)

speederdoc said:
That's too bad. Those brave fighters of ours would prolly like to get inbed with some female soldiers imo. :)

I think that's exactly why they don't allow women in combat units! :D

gop_jeff said:
I think that's exactly why they don't allow women in combat units! :D

Well that and it is demoralizing when they are caught by the enemy and tortured. Also some have a problem throwing a hand grenade far enough to get it out of the danger radius of the device thus making it useless as a weapon.

Glad to hear the Army isnt going all PC over everything. Its bad enough we have to send our men over there in harms way. Last thing we need to do is send our women over there to die or worse if they get captured.

Glad to hear the Army isnt going all PC over everything. Its bad enough we have to send our men over there in harms way. Last thing we need to do is send our women over there to die or worse if they get captured.

No joke. Can you say Jessica Lynch?

As a woman I'm happy to hear they've upheld this ban for the exact reasons people have posted.

I get sick of hearing femanists shouting that men and woman are the same. They're NOT.

Trigg said:
As a woman I'm happy to hear they've upheld this ban for the exact reasons people have posted.

I get sick of hearing femanists shouting that men and woman are the same. They're NOT.

Im quite glad you ladies arent the same as us men too;) makes dating more interesting.

Forum List

Back