Arming Middle Eastern Extremists

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
The Bush administration just might be one of the largest arms suppliers in the world, to middle eastern extremists….

Iraq's Arms Bazaar

How firearms intended for Iraqi security forces are winding up in the hands of extremists across the region.

“At least three U.S. government agencies are now investigating the massive ‘disappearance’ and diversion of weapons Washington intended for Iraqi government forces that instead have spread to militants and organized gangs across the region

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20226447/site/newsweek/page/0/

in contrast

During the Bosnian conflict, the United States provided about $100 million in defense equipment to the Bosnian Federation Army, and the GAO found no problems in accounting for those weapons.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/05/AR2007080501299.html

the question is: are they really that inept, or is there some ulterior and nefarious purpose?

Heck--they are Americans. I'm sure it's all of the above.

odd...I do not automatically think ill of people simply because they are Americans - why would YOU?

Actually, I think the contrary. I routinely give my fellow countrymen the benefit of the doubt until such time as any one of them - or group of them - has earned and richly deserved my distrust. The current administration, unfortunately, has earned just that.

the question is: are they really that inept, or is there some ulterior and nefarious purpose?

What sort of ulterior purpose would it serve? No, I think this is just another example of the gross incompetence we've come to expect from the Bush administration.

odd...I do not automatically think ill of people simply because they are Americans - why would YOU?

Actually, I think the contrary. I routinely give my fellow countrymen the benefit of the doubt until such time as any one of them - or group of them - has earned and richly deserved my distrust. The current administration, unfortunately, has earned just that.

so if there is
some ulterior and nefarious purpose
, it could be a good thing ?

so if there is some ulterior and nefarious purpose, it could be a good thing ?

Did you MISS the bolded sentence, or are you just doing your "willfully obtuse" routine again?

"Actually, I think the contrary. I routinely give my fellow countrymen the benefit of the doubt until such time as any one of them - or group of them - has earned and richly deserved my distrust. The current administration, unfortunately, has earned just that."

Did you MISS the bolded sentence, or are you just doing your "willfully obtuse" routine again?

"Actually, I think the contrary. I routinely give my fellow countrymen the benefit of the doubt until such time as any one of them - or group of them - has earned and richly deserved my distrust. The current administration, unfortunately, has earned just that."

Gotcha--Because this occurred under the Bush administration, the missing weapons HAS to be a result of ineptitude, ulterior motives or nefarious purposes.

Gotcha--Because this occurred under the Bush administration, the missing weapons HAS to be a result of ineptitude, ulterior motives or nefarious purposes.

I suppose it might have occured due to magic or divine intervention, but, given the incredible bumbling of this administration and contrasting the zero problems occuring in Bosnia, I think that those choices are the highly probable ones, yes.

I suppose it might have occured due to magic or divine intervention, but, given the incredible bumbling of this administration and contrasting the zero problems occuring in Bosnia, I think that those choices are the highly probable ones, yes.

WOW--any guesses on the "nefarious" purposes ? ( Are you sure you wanna blame Bush if some bean counter in the Pentagon misplaced a decimal point?)

What sort of ulterior purpose would it serve? No, I think this is just another example of the gross incompetence we've come to expect from the Bush administration.

lets see uh to create a endless war for the benefit of the military industrial complex ? PROBLUM,REACTION ,SOLUTION
crazed terrorist want to kill you,oh my god save us,ok.... gives us your liberty
and massive resources and we will protect your freedom
its a Mafia protection racket !!

WOW--any guesses on the "nefarious" purposes ? ( Are you sure you wanna blame Bush if some bean counter in the Pentagon misplaced a decimal point?)

no guesses that I care to share with you, no. what is your point?

and you are right. it might have only been 19 THOUSAND AK-47's that turned up missing from warehouses in Iraq. That's nothing. Shit...that handful of deadenders couldn't do much with 19 THOUSAND automatic rifles. nah.

Geez, though...what if it were 1.9 MILLION? We would really be fucked then, wouldn't we?

I gotta agree with you here. Couple this with several tons of missing explosives and the unaccounted billions in reconstruction money, the most devoted Bush apologist couldn't spin this.

no guesses that I care to share with you, no. what is your point?

and you are right. it might have only been 19 THOUSAND AK-47's that turned up missing from warehouses in Iraq. That's nothing. Shit...that handful of deadenders couldn't do much with 19 THOUSAND automatic rifles. nah.

Geez, though...what if it were 1.9 MILLION? We would really be fucked then, wouldn't we?

Depends on who has em and if they really exist.

Why do so many people refuse to believe that the administrations' moves are nothing worse than incompetence?

Is it merely party loyalty?

Is it just too emotionally painful to fathom that they might actually be intentionally committing crimes?

It's not like it would be the first time in recorded history that a country's government willfully commited a crime, for christ's sake.

How many fuck-up's does there have to be before people start to get the picture?

Operation Northwoods
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Operation Northwoods memoranda (March 13, 1962).[1]Operation Northwoods, or Northwoods, was a 1962 plan by the US Department of Defense to cause acts of simulated or real terrorism and violence on US soil or against US interests, blamed on Cuba, in order to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government of Fidel Castro. As part of the U.S. government's Operation Mongoose anti-Castro initiative, the plan, which was not implemented, called for various false flag actions, including simulated or real state-sponsored acts of terrorism (such as hijacked planes) on U.S. and Cuban soil. The plan was proposed by senior U.S. Department of Defense leaders, including the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lyman Louis Lemnitzer.

Why do so many people refuse to believe that the administrations' moves are nothing worse than incompetence?

Is it merely party loyalty?

Is it just too emotionally painful to fathom that they might actually be intentionally committing crimes?

It's not like it would be the first time in recorded history that a country's government willfully commited a crime, for christ's sake.

How many fuck-up's does there have to be before people start to get the picture?

Exactly how many people and agencies do you include when you speak of this administration ?

Forum List

Back