Armed U.S. Diplomat uses Gun to save life in Pakistan.!

012811_davisinternal.jpg

LAHORE, Pakistan – A judge on Friday ordered the arrest of the driver of a U.S. vehicle that struck and killed a Pakistani while rushing to help an American detained in a pair of fatal shootings, a lawyer for the victim's family said.

The arrest warrant could add to the tensions surrounding the case of the shooter, Raymond Allen Davis. The U.S. insists he was acting in self-defense against robbers and qualifies for diplomatic immunity because he worked for the embassy.

The odds of Pakistani police detaining anyone in the U.S. car are low. Authorities say they do not know who was in the vehicle, and the Americans have said little on the matter, other than acknowledging the car was driven by U.S. Embassy staff.

The judge's order could be a means of pressuring the U.S. to produce the driver, who has not been identified. But it's highly unlikely that any Americans involved in the traffic accident are still in Pakistan. Employees of the U.S. mission who get into trouble are typically on the first plane out of the country.

Pakistan judge orders arrest of US car's driver - FoxNews.com

Started a thread on this a little while ago. This guy has "spook" written all over him.

Be that as it may..he should be released.

I do not see America fighting for this man. Whether he is guilty or not, I cannot judge.

America needs to, if they throw this man to the wolves expect alot more violence against Americans overseas because people will see this a sign that America does not protect its people overseas.

America still needs to help this man, this whole fiasco is nothing but a modern day witch hunt in Pakistan. If this guy was a Taliban and he killed those guys, no one would say nothing.

It's a tricky situation and needs to be handled carefully. I wanna see him come home. You should know by my posts I fully support the work of the CIA..for the most part.

He's done with the spook game..however.

you mean the CIA agent who just got back from north warzistan? LOL

America still needs to help this man, this whole fiasco is nothing but a modern day witch hunt in Pakistan. If this guy was a Taliban and he killed those guys, no one would say nothing.

It's a tricky situation and needs to be handled carefully. I wanna see him come home. You should know by my posts I fully support the work of the CIA..for the most part.

He's done with the spook game..however.

I would totally agree with letting him face Pakistani justice if he was on his own dealing drugs in the country or something like that but the way was doing legit work for the US embassy in Pakistan, its hard enough to find volunteers to go to Pakistan as it is. I hope the US makes this a priority and gets this man home.

Forum List

Back