Armed Janitors Approved By Montpelier, Ohio, School Board To Stop School Shootings

220px-Billy_the_Kid_corrected.jpg

Billy the Janitor.

I don't know about where you live but in order to get a janatorial position in our schools you have to have a college education....
The janitors will be trained as guards - TRAINED in the proper use of the guns they carry. TRAINED in the methods of use and the instances of the use of deadly force. TRAINED just like the ones that protect your bank, your president, your city, and your state.

Whoa, I'm impressed. Who's gonna pay for it...?

The NRA is paying for it - just like they announced at the press conference. They already train military and government agencies so the training will be similar.

If you want to protect your rights, go here:
Ruger - Protect Your Rights
click on the "Take action now" link.

Sooo, the janitors won't receive any extra compensation after the NRA turns them into Rambos?

They already make about twice the average US wage here. Most are not very busy during the school day anyway. I don't know if they will get paid more after their training but I would assume they volunteer to participate in the program because they can't be forced to do it.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/index.html
Click on the "Take action now" link.

Last edited:
Armed janitors? Are they gonna do mental health and criminal background checks on them? Do they have to go through police training to know how to deal with situations when armed gunmen are present? Do they think there is going to be any chance at all that someone is gonna get accidentally shot?

I mean c'mon-this is a stupid idea around the kids. Just dumb.
The kind of people who hatched this idea are no different from those who think up stupidly restrictive gun laws. They know nothing about guns, are afraid of them, wouldn't be inclined to defend themselves under any circumstances, and violence is an alien concept to them. For them, confronting armed, psychopathic killers is simply an unpleasant manual task -- like cleaning a toilet.

The type of training necessary to deal with the kind of armed confrontations a school guard is likely to encounter is the same training as Secret Service agents receive at Glynco, GA, which is extensive, intensive, and routinely refreshed. Such specialized training is necessary to retain reflexive responsiveness to substantial threats such as seen at Columbine and Sandy Hook. So the idea of having school janitors double as armed guards makes as much sense as hiring an appropriately trained armed guards who are expected to mop floors while not engaged in firefights with suicidal psychos bearing military weapons.

It takes more than the ability to put eight out of ten hits on a paper target at thirty feet. It calls for very special conditioning.

Last edited:
Armed janitors? Are they gonna do mental health and criminal background checks on them? Do they have to go through police training to know how to deal with situations when armed gunmen are present? Do they think there is going to be any chance at all that someone is gonna get accidentally shot?

I mean c'mon-this is a stupid idea around the kids. Just dumb.
The kind of people who hatched this idea are no different from those who think up stupidly restrictive gun laws. They know nothing about guns, are afraid of them, wouldn't be inclined to defend themselves under any circumstances, and violence is an alien concept to them. For them, confronting armed, psychopathic killers is simply an unpleasant manual task -- like cleaning a toilet.

The type of training necessary to deal with the kind of armed confrontations a school guard is likely to encounter is the same training as Secret Service agents receive at Glynco, GA, which is extensive, intensive, and routinely refreshed. Such specialized training is necessary to retain reflexive responsiveness to threats such as seen at Columbine and Sandy Hook. So the idea of having school janitors double as armed guards makes as much sense as hiring an appropriately trained armed guards who are expected to mop floors while not engaged in firefights with suicidal psychos bearing military weapons.

That is profoundly...............psycho...........................

They already make about twice the average US wage here. Most are not very busy during the school day anyway. I don't know if they will get paid more after their training but I would assume they volunteer to participate in the program because they can't be forced to do it.

It's an utterly stupid idea, is it any wonder that the majority of Americans are now saying fuck it just take all the guns when you idiots start claiming that arming janitors is a viable solution?

This is a little odd.

I'd need to know what the custodians responsibilities would be beyond shooting back.

Would they respond to fights between kids?
Could they arrest people with more authority than a normal citizen?

things like that.

How much training do they get?

Pulling a pistol and putting Two on the target isn't enough.

It's an utterly stupid idea, is it any wonder that the majority of Americans are now saying fuck it just take all the guns when you idiots start claiming that arming janitors is a viable solution?
The majority of Americans are not saying that.

only a few morons with mics in their hands and a Constitution to shred

The majority of Americans are not saying that.

only a few morons with mics in their hands and a Constitution to shred

true, i was just engaging in some hyperbole.

Umm many janitors are not known for their shall we say brilliance and now they are essientially making them cops who carry guns?
Those darned buckeyes, what will they think of next?

I don't have any problem with a custodian/janitor having access to a gun, if that is the best person in the school to be given that responsibility. The problem is that in many cases that may well be the last person that should have access to a gun. If schools want school employees to have access to guns, then they should select the best qualified in each school, whether it is the janitor, the principal, a counselor, or a teacher. Also, there needs to be more than one person with access to firearms if you're going to do this the right way.

I do believe that allowing certain school employees access to guns in the school is something that is actually workable, but they need to do a lot more thinking on this before moving forward. BTW, what happens if the janitor doesn't want the responsibility? Do they fire the janitor?

Umm many janitors are not known for their shall we say brilliance and now they are essientially making them cops who carry guns?
Those darned buckeyes, what will they think of next?

I don't have any problem with a custodian/janitor having access to a gun, if that is the best person in the school to be given that responsibility. The problem is that in many cases that may well be the last person that should have access to a gun. If schools want school employees to have access to guns, then they should select the best qualified in each school, whether it is the janitor, the principal, a counselor, or a teacher. Also, there needs to be more than one person with access to firearms if you're going to do this the right way.

I do believe that allowing certain school employees access to guns in the school is something that is actually workable, but they need to do a lot more thinking on this before moving forward. BTW, what happens if the janitor doesn't want the responsibility? Do they fire the janitor?

I guess they carry 7.25 assault mops?

Right, tell the bad guys who to go for first. If they had just allowed any adult who chose to carry a concealed weapon to carry, no one would know who might be armed. I think it's better that bad guy doesn't know in advance.

so a guy who's only qualified to clean a school building is now gonna be trusted with a gun at school? Brilliant idea.

I fail to see why his occupation is at all relevant.

its not the occupation so much as it is the fact that janitors aren't exactly deep thinkers for the most part. I mean let's just be honest.
Neither are liberals, but that doesn't stop them from insisting they know what's best for everyone.

I have an idea: Leave your unmerited sense of superiority at the door.

You idiots claimed declaring schools to be gun-free zones was a viable solution.

How'd that work out?

Forum List

Back