Armed forces tribute

I didn't think I came across as a UN fan. That certainly was not my intention.

When I think of the UN, I simply think of the building in New York with the display of flags - that is about it.

I am sure I will get over it.

God Bless the US Armed forces!!!

Not the UN.

If anyone is offended than I suggest a box of kleenex and a cold beer.

I salute our fighting men, whose country does not deserve them

You know William you really sicken me with your attitude. This thread was not intended for political or moral debate, but rather a tribute, which I can define, if you do not understand the meaning of the word. You may think you are doing your country a service, or in some way being patriotic, well you are not, plain and simple. You hold this country to standards that are out of the range of achievement due to inherent human nature. Tell me for a moment how perfectly you have lived your life, that you have not made mistakes, and when you did, learned from them and never repeated them. If you do, then you are lying, none of us can make that claim. Wanting to strive for perfection is fine, in fact an ideal, but realism tells us it is impractical if not impossible to achieve, yet you expect it of your country.

Judgment needs to be tempered by realism and compassion, something I see very little of from you and your buddies. Look I am all for personal responsibility, and believe that the lack of today, is a major cause of the decline of our society, but perfection is asking too much.

Forum List

Back