Armed forces tribute

Hey thanks Jim, I needed a good cry today!!!!!!

That was a very emotional tribute there!!! thanks for sharing it.

Thanks Jim, I think we need to be reminded of what these men and women sacrifice for our freedoms and our way of life. I find it very sad though that when someone posts something about our military you see maybe a couple of responses, yet there are hundreds concerning subjects such as gay marriage or racism. To me this is a very sad !

Originally posted by eric
I find it very sad though that when someone posts something about our military you see maybe a couple of responses, yet there are hundreds concerning subjects such as gay marriage or racism. To me this is a very sad !

It takes 2 seconds to say a kind word about the soldiers or add your name to a list to thank them for protecting our nation. These soldiers are doing their duty for ALL of us, regardless of what our political beliefs are. They don't get to debate the initiative, they just follow orders and risk their lives in the name of the USA. They do so with honor and dignity. They have more respect from me than they'll ever know.

Wise ass!!!!!!

Now you would think Arnold that this would mean more to you than picking on me, little shit! hahahahaha

Jim - I stated to someone that it's a shame that pictures that I and Sandy post get more responses than a thread like this, and that is VERY SAD!!!! I signed this a long time ago when I visited the hugs to kuwait site, it does only take a second to sign and that second can surely make some men and woman feel they are getting support from us and feel just a bit cared about.

I keep in touch with a handful of my former fellow marines (although most of them are nearing retirement now, damn I feel old) so I tell them on a weekly basis how I pray for their safety.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I keep in touch with a handful of my former fellow marines (although most of them are nearing retirement now, damn I feel old) so I tell them on a weekly basis how I pray for their safety.

DK, with all the arguing that goes on in here, I hope you're aware that these tributes are for all of our veterans as well. Past and present, all of our soldiers deserve praise.

Another great one Jim!:clap:

It's sad to think on how many Mother's have gone through this and will go through this.

Yes DK, Jim is right!!! all past and present are thought of!

Someone had posted 'whose country does not deserve them.'

How very sad to look at life through such eyes.

I am greatfull these brave men and women do not think as you do or this country would not be as great.

I have written and said it before and will repeat it, if one can find endless fault with America then perhaps their is a better place for you in the world.

In a country where millions of people would sacrifice their lives for in order to step foot on this fine soil (think of Cubans , think of Chinese packed like sardines in a truck) to be a part of something that offers so much. Yet within there are always those few (thankfully) who can find reason to argue and complain.

If the United States does not deserve such heroism (and I have to assume the original author is far from such a title) than who?

God bless them and their bravery. I am greatfull more people appricriate their endless efforts than not and I pray for their safe return.

"If the United States does not deserve such heroism (and I have to assume the original author is far from such a title) than who?"

How about a United States that treats its fighting men with respect? A United States that does not abandon its men overseas when it becomes politically inconvenient? A United States that puts men in harm's way only to advance the interests of the United States, and not the United Nations?

we are not the united nations......this people debate for a year about what to order for lunch....go live there, where ever the united nations are...

in their COUNTRY william...not the friggin building..you know what I mean...The UN couldnt fix a grill-cheese sandwich let alone a major problem....the UN pattern is to take so long debating a problem someone else does the work and then they step in to get the credit...ie...the money..

I am not too sure what the UN has to do with my comments on the military and my great admiration for them.

The UN in New York is a building and not a state.

The UN is today made up of some 200 or so countries that at this point do NOT always agree on what serves best. Sometimes choices have to be made that are for the benefit of other nations...and so forth and so on...

Many citizens are upset that the war in Iraq is a war without their support and I gather you are one of them as you would not have bothered to bring them up in the first place.

Or are you writing about the soldiers in the Vietnam war??

Originally posted by winston churchi
I am not too sure what the UN has to do with my comments on the military and my great admiration for them.

The UN in New York is a building and not a state.

The UN is today made up of some 200 or so countries that at this point do NOT always agree on what serves best. Sometimes choices have to be made that are for the benefit of other nations...and so forth and so on...

Many citizens are upset that the war in Iraq is a war without their support and I gather you are one of them as you would not have bothered to bring them up in the first place.

Or are you writing about the soldiers in the Vietnam war??

while I am glad you reguard the Un highly, I do not. It has outlasted its usefulness except as a money pit. over 12 years of Iraq thumbing their nose at us and what from the un???? non-action....lets wait somemore...It wasnt France,Germany or Russia that had these terrorist acts thrust on them.... how do you think they would have reacted if something along the lines of 9/11 happened on there soil??? damn straight! just maybe now the pissant countrys will see that you have a choice..ONE...maqke it the right one..

Forum List

Back