Armageddon will be man made

The "beliefs" of the Christians, Muslims and Jews, that "my God is better than your god" is dictating what is happening in the world today. If you "believe" that something will happen, there is a lot better chance that it will, than if you don't "believe" it can happen.

The majority of the world "believes" in one of those three religions. So they are creating the world's reality.

GOD IS NOT DOING IT, STUPID PEOPLE ARE CREATING THIS STUPID REALITY!

God is not polluting the world, stupid people are polluting the world. God is not creating wars, stupid people are creating wars. God is not creating this stupid governments, stupid people are creating these stupid governments.
The times in which we find ourselves living are not significant.

The human race will survive, and continue to create, and overcome difficulties.

Lacking the perspective of having lived any other time than now, it's easy to think "now" people are unique. Trust me, nothing happens within the interactions of humans now, that didn't happen "then"

We'll be fine.

Governments will continue to be stupid, because humans do the governing. Wars will continue because humans fight each other. Pollution will continue until we've exhausted fossil fuels, then we'll find something else to pollute our environment with.

Life will just go on.

That is precisely the message people believed during Jeremiah's time. He tried to warn them but they preferred to believe the false prophets (I'm not calling you a false prophet, TM) who told them all was well and would continue to be well. Meanwhile Jeremiah was trying to warn them that all was not well and that judgment was at the door! They refused to listen and in the end - the invasion happened and the people were taken into captivity by their enemies. How awful.

Jeremiah tended to LAY IT ON TOO THICK------he should have eased into
it-------- like---hey guys----things are ok ---
but----lets face it------bad things happen....
etc etc -------he was not at all gentle with
the BAD NEWS

Jeremiah obeyed God.
Again....Matthew 7:21-22 ....Really, get over yourself. You're like the parable Jesus told about the guy standing next to the sinner who was praying for forgiveness and says, "Thank you God for not making me like that sinner." If you only had a clue as to how holy you're NOT.

I'm not really sure you've read that passage. what exactly do you think Matthew 7:20-21 says against being obedient to God?

And how are you arguing that Jeremiah wasn't obedient? Are you seriously suggesting that a prophet that has a book named after him is going to be cut off.because he was obedient to the Lord in calling Israel to repentance?

The times in which we find ourselves living are not significant.

The human race will survive, and continue to create, and overcome difficulties.

Lacking the perspective of having lived any other time than now, it's easy to think "now" people are unique. Trust me, nothing happens within the interactions of humans now, that didn't happen "then"

We'll be fine.

Governments will continue to be stupid, because humans do the governing. Wars will continue because humans fight each other. Pollution will continue until we've exhausted fossil fuels, then we'll find something else to pollute our environment with.

Life will just go on.

That is precisely the message people believed during Jeremiah's time. He tried to warn them but they preferred to believe the false prophets (I'm not calling you a false prophet, TM) who told them all was well and would continue to be well. Meanwhile Jeremiah was trying to warn them that all was not well and that judgment was at the door! They refused to listen and in the end - the invasion happened and the people were taken into captivity by their enemies. How awful.

Jeremiah tended to LAY IT ON TOO THICK------he should have eased into
it-------- like---hey guys----things are ok ---
but----lets face it------bad things happen....
etc etc -------he was not at all gentle with
the BAD NEWS

Jeremiah obeyed God.
Again....Matthew 7:21-22 ....Really, get over yourself. You're like the parable Jesus told about the guy standing next to the sinner who was praying for forgiveness and says, "Thank you God for not making me like that sinner." If you only had a clue as to how holy you're NOT.

I'm not really sure you've read that passage. what exactly do you think Matthew 7:20-21 says against being obedient to God?

And how are you arguing that Jeremiah wasn't obedient? Are you seriously suggesting that a prophet that has a book named after him is going to be cut off.because he was obedient to the Lord in calling Israel to repentance?
Do you really believe he was referring to the prophet and not himself?

Actually the Jews think the land belongs to them and its a Christian duty to help them get it all. They are told from birth they are the chosen ones and God gave the land to them and evangelical Christians lap it up and are fighting for them. I don't know if the Hucklebees and Hagees are nuts or just like to be big shots. Cruz is sure a Israel nutcase, funny how so few Christians live in Israel, and are even spit upon, but yet the chosen ones have no problem taking the dog's money.

The Torah, the Bible and the Koran say it belongs to the Jews.

And?? If that was the case, why did Britain need to give them permission to go there.
1. The Bible was wrote by Men.
2. Yahweh is the tribal war God, stole from the Canaanites, who also worshipped EL, so the Hebrews didn't invent Yahweh.
3. Do you honestly believe God has favorite people and told them to slaughter and steal land from others? side note, Israelites were not monotheistic as one can tell by the writings.
4. The Koran and NT follow the OT.

[QUOTE="Penelope,

peach>>>
The Torah, the Bible and the Koran say it belongs to the Jews.[/QUOTE]

Penelope>>
And?? If that was the case, why did Britain need to give them permission to go there.
Rosie>>>> because the brits controlled the area at that time ----
for a short time---like 30 years
there were jews already there with social
institutions ---the brits did not actually
have a hand in re-establishing Israel

Penelope>>

1. The Bible was wrote by Men.

rosie>>> good point penny--- 1700
years ago Christians recorded the fact
that jews own the area and 1300 years
ago muslims recorded the fact that jews
own the area. There are no writings for the past 3000 years rebutting that fact

Penelope>>>2. Yahweh is the tribal war God, stole from the Canaanites, who also worshipped EL, so the Hebrews didn't invent Yahweh.

rosie----you got a link for some "god" named
Yahweh which was a Canaanite war "god" ??
El is a semitic word is the generic word for
"god" -------any "god" ---like "gott" is
generic Germanic word. It does not
in itself ----out of context, refer to any
specific "god"

Penelope>>>
3. Do you honestly believe God has favorite people and told them to slaughter and steal land from others? side note, Israelites were not monotheistic as one can tell by the writings.

rosie>>>> depends on whom you ask-----
Muslims do believe---as EXPLICITLY stated
in the Koran that they should invade and forcibly convert non muslims-------if the people refuse they are supposed to kill or enslave them. Can you cite the writings in
the bible that prove that jews were not
monotheist by the accepted precepts of Judaism?

Penelope>>>>
4. The Koran and NT follow the OT.[/QUOTE]

rosie>>>>> what does your "follow the OT" mean---------you have repeated it ]many times------can you translate it
into plain and meaningful English?

War of Whiskey

The Hollywood (USA) movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013) indicates a new age fascination with risk-assessment and prosperity-prioritization.

Economic contracts really guide politics these days (i.e., World Bank, Hong Kong economics, free trade, etc.).

He who understands the artistic value of Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Wall Street" (1987) is the modern genius.

He who fails to appreciate the artistic value of Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Syriana" (2005) and "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" (2010) is the modern dinosaur.

If Armageddon hits Wall Street the way the Taliban attacked the World Trade Center on 9/11, we may realize that the reason the apocalypse is man-made is because man has failed to coordinate ambition with meditation.

:afro:

9/11

dd.jpg

Cyber-Advocates

The cherished folk ghost story of the Golden Arm relates the tale of betrayal and haunted fortune.

This story is symbolic for our modern age which celebrates fortune-daredevil Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013).

Modernism is marked by intricate profit networks (i.e., eTrade) and tycoons and terrorists who capitalize on them (i.e., stock market barons, hackers, etc.).

Does the intrigue surrounding cyber-crime make gods out of engineers?

The Golden Arm

batman.jpg

Ecclesiastes 3:8
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Man has been killing man since the beginning of time.
Sometimes for land.
Sometimes for power.
Sometimes for Money.
Sometimes because they are bored.
Sometimes to STOP the above.

We have come to a time when man's ability to kill has progressed so much that we have the ability to destroy us all.....and it is in the stupidity of man that we will eventually do so.

8293066881_0c9dc28f70_o.jpg

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse The Public Domain Review
The Christian apocalyptic vision is that the four horsemen are to set a divine apocalypse upon the world as harbingers of the Last Judgment.

The White Horse
I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come and see!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. ( Revelation 6:1-2)

The Red Horse
When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come and see!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. ( Revelation 6:3-4)

The Black Horse
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!” (Revelation 6:5-6)

The Pale Horse
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:7-8)

Imaginarium Imprints

During the Renaissance art movement, Leonardo da Vinci painted of human proportionality, while Michelangelo offered an alternative: muscular form.

It was in fact Michelangelo who was the visionary/pioneer, since muscularism is a trend running through the production of a number of modern-day daredevilism-themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013).

One can say, therefore, that Michelangelo out-worked da Vinci in this realm of 'futuristic thinking' (we all know of the famous da Vinci sketches of pre-invention military tanks and helicopters).

We are the worlds we make, and one of my favorite apocalypto-tech Hollywood (USA) movies "WarGames" (1983) represents civilization preoccupation with intelligence contests.

Sistine Chapel

vv.jpg

One Hour Photo: Brain Bowl

In the modern age, we celebrate intelligence-vanity comic book avatars such as Brainiac (DC Comics), a diabolical creator of fascist schemes and enemy of the esteemed friend of humanity, Superman, since we are very anxious about scientific ambition.

Does the invention of the Polaroid instant camera suggest that modern civilization is obsessed with records, or does it suggest that modern civilization is curious about voyeurism?

Forum List

Back