ARMAGEDDON...Jobless claims plunge to 222,000, second-lowest mark in decades

When Mexicans get all the welfare that blacks are receiving, they will ALSO not wantt o do those jobs.

...then Progs will have to start importing a NEW NEW underclass.....maybe affected chinese.

How come you come off like a crazy white boy with a large nose who does copius amount of coke.

Cause now you just make shit up and can't stop talking.

Hide the stash guys, he'll snort it all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does that include the underemployed or the seven million Americans that have to work more than one job to make ends meet?

If you look at only full time employment....there are 200 million not having full time jobs

The Trump economy is a disaster....worst ever

The inherited economy.

Trump has made it worse

Most people out of the workforce in history....worse than the Great Depression

Now you are just being stupid. The LFPR is still well above what it has been for most of the time it has been calculated.

View attachment 178503

I'm not talking about the Labor Force Participation rate

I am talking about total people out of the workforce

Trump has the most in history........a disgrace

Why is that a disgrace? Why is it even a bad thing?

If you look at only full time employment....there are 200 million not having full time jobs

The inherited economy.

Trump has made it worse

Now you are just being stupid. The LFPR is still well above what it has been for most of the time it has been calculated.

View attachment 178503

Why?

Because "Disgrace" is the term Fat Donnie used to describe Obama having people out of the work force

The inherited economy.

Trump has made it worse

View attachment 178503

Why?

Because "Disgrace" is the term Fat Donnie used to describe Obama having people out of the work force

So, Trump said it, and you seem to think that Trump is a moron, why would you repeat the same shit? What does that make you?

Trump has made it worse

View attachment 178503

Why?

So, Trump said it, and you seem to think that Trump is a moron, why would you repeat the same shit? What does that make you?

Why?

Because this Trumpian America

We no longer look to have civil, rational discourse based on an objective evaluation of economic statistics
Statistics are meant to be twisted into the view that best supports your position. If you can't twist the statistics, you merely declare them to be fake

In this case, I am merely holding Crooked Donnie to the same standards he held the Great Obama to

View attachment 178503

Why?

Why?

We no longer look to have civil, rational discourse based on an objective evaluation of economic statistics
Statistics are meant to be twisted into the view that best supports your position. If you can't twist the statistics, you merely declare them to be fake

In this case, I am merely holding Crooked Donnie to the same standards he held the Great Obama to

It is a lost cause, his zealots lack the basic intelligence to get the nuance of what you are doing.

Why?

Why?

It is a lost cause, his zealots lack the basic intelligence to get the nuance of what you are doing.

During Obama's first term.....all we heard from Republicans was unemployment
Worst first term ever......8 percent unemployment

However, during Obama's second term, when unemployment dropped below six percent their focus termed to Labor Participation Rate
An economic metric that nobody ever cared about before
No amount of explaining about increasing baby boomer retirements made a difference

Even Trump picked up the banner declaring U3 unemployment to be fake and that we had 95 million unemployed
Something Trump declared....."A Disgrace"

So, the goalpost has been moved.......U3 is a thing of the past
Trump get measured against the standard, he, himself set

Why?

Why?

During Obama's first term.....all we heard from Republicans was unemployment
Worst first term ever......8 percent unemployment

However, during Obama's second term, when unemployment dropped below six percent their focus termed to Labor Participation Rate
An economic metric that nobody ever cared about before
No amount of explaining about increasing baby boomer retirements made a difference

Even Trump picked up the banner declaring U3 unemployment to be fake and that we had 95 million unemployed
Something Trump declared....."A Disgrace"

So, the goalpost has been moved.......U3 is a thing of the past
Trump get measured against the standard, he, himself set

And inherited.

Does that include the underemployed or the seven million Americans that have to work more than one job to make ends meet?

The inherited economy.

Trump has made it worse

View attachment 178503

For those that do not get what is going on here:

"Number of people out of workforce" was a (meaningless) statistic that rightwingers were constantly bringing up to bash Obama, so rightwinger is just holding your nose to that pile of bullshit.

The inherited economy.

Trump has made it worse

View attachment 178503

For those that do not get what is going on here:

"Number of people out of workforce" was a (meaningless) statistic that rightwingers were constantly bringing up to bash Obama, so rightwinger is just holding your nose to that pile of bullshit.

Shhhhhh....

Sarcasm loses its bite when it is explained

When Mexicans get all the welfare that blacks are receiving, they will ALSO not wantt o do those jobs.

...then Progs will have to start importing a NEW NEW underclass.....maybe affected chinese.

The government spends 50% more on corporate welfare than on social welfare. There is your welfare statement.
BO Boondoggle

Invest in something that pays off; don't spread it on human quicksand.

Folks who make a real effort to work, will work. The jobs are there. Good on Trump. :thup:

IMHO it's not quite that simple, we have a problem with structural unemployment, that is the skills available in the domestic labor force don't match the skills demanded by employers, so yeah there are jobs available but the labor force isn't able to supply sufficient numbers of workers with the skills wanted/needed and the education system isn't doing an effective enough job to remedy that.

The current remedy is to import the skills needed (immigration) or export the demand (off-shore), which is far from ideal.

Nah, folks who really wanna work, will work. The jobs are there.

Actually not, for example: if you're an engineer or a doctor there are plenty of jobs available but if you're a unemployed bank teller you don't have the skills to be an engineer or a doctor and there aren't a whole lot of openings for bank tellers, thus you're structurally unemployed, the fix is to re-train for some other line of work that is in demand but that's neither easy or quick (nor usually cheap).

In the meantime those people end up either under employed or without work.:(

Sounds like a lot of excuses for not working hard. If you want work, it's there. You just have to go out and get it.
Has nothing to do with "excuses", structural unemployment is a economic phenomena brought about (largely) by economic dislocation, it's becoming a real source of concern as the structure of the economic shifts more and more toward automation and machine learning and it needs to be addressed. The consequences of not doing anything will result in more and more of the population depending on government for it's income and simply brushing it off with a "just go find a job" isn't realistic, especially for the un-skilled/semi-skilled population.

Like i said, if you wanna work, the work is there. If you wanna make excuses and sit on your ass all day, you'll make for a good lifelong Democrat. Good luck and God Bless.

IMHO it's not quite that simple, we have a problem with structural unemployment, that is the skills available in the domestic labor force don't match the skills demanded by employers, so yeah there are jobs available but the labor force isn't able to supply sufficient numbers of workers with the skills wanted/needed and the education system isn't doing an effective enough job to remedy that.

The current remedy is to import the skills needed (immigration) or export the demand (off-shore), which is far from ideal.

Actually not, for example: if you're an engineer or a doctor there are plenty of jobs available but if you're a unemployed bank teller you don't have the skills to be an engineer or a doctor and there aren't a whole lot of openings for bank tellers, thus you're structurally unemployed, the fix is to re-train for some other line of work that is in demand but that's neither easy or quick (nor usually cheap).

Sounds like a lot of excuses for not working hard. If you want work, it's there. You just have to go out and get it.
Has nothing to do with "excuses", structural unemployment is a economic phenomena brought about (largely) by economic dislocation, it's becoming a real source of concern as the structure of the economic shifts more and more toward automation and machine learning and it needs to be addressed. The consequences of not doing anything will result in more and more of the population depending on government for it's income and simply brushing it off with a "just go find a job" isn't realistic, especially for the un-skilled/semi-skilled population.

Like i said, if you wanna work, the work is there. If you wanna make excuses and sit on your ass all day, you'll make for a good lifelong Democrat. Good luck and God Bless.

172 million not working under Crooked Donnie

What a useless president

What a useless president

'Useless?' His approval rating is now higher than your boy Hussein's was at the same time in his Presidency. Folks see that Trump's fighting for American Citizens. They haven't seen that from a US President in a long time. Go Trump! :dance:

Such BAD NEWS!

JUST AWFUL!

"New applications for unemployment benefits dropped 7,000 to 222,000 in the second full week of February, the Department of Labor reported Thursday, the second-lowest mark of the recovery and a good sign for the economy.

Forecasters had expected new jobless claims to remain steady at an ultra-low 230,000. Lower claims are good news because they mean fewer people are getting laid off.

Thursday's mark is the lowest since the early 1970s, setting aside the week of January 13, when claims touched as low as 216,000."

Jobless claims plunge to 222,000, second-lowest mark in decades

We have 172 million Americans not working

What fake numbers are you using?

Dupe. You really need to quit using the Russian Times for your information, comrade. From the US BLS..

"In January, the unemployment rate was 4.1 percent for the fourth consecutive month. The number of unemployed persons, at 6.7 million, changed little over the month."

Employment Situation Summary

Now for a lesson in math: Which is bigger?

1.) 6.7 million

2.) 172 million

<insert Jeopardy theme here>

LOL

Everyone KNOWS those numbers are fake.....Trump himself told us so

He said the only number that matters is the Labor Participation Rate
Why is it dropping under Trump?

172 million people are not working

As usual you're lying. :lol: Whenever you make a claim I generally look it up because I know your pulling lies out of your ass.

When Trump was elected in November 2016 the labor participation rate was 62.7%. The labor participation rate in Jan 2018 was 62.7%. So your claim that labor participation has gone down under Trump is false. Yet even this number is deceiving because there are about 3 million more Americans that have been born or came here legally or illegally since that time. The reason the labor participation rate has not dropped over this time frame is that roughly 3 million jobs have been added over that same time period.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Last edited:

What a useless president

'Useless?' His approval rating is now higher than your boy Hussein's was at the same time in his Presidency. Folks see that Trump's fighting for American Citizens. They haven't seen that from a US President in a long time. Go Trump! :dance:

Let me guess????

Rasmussen!!!!

You can't make this shit up

Such BAD NEWS!

JUST AWFUL!

"New applications for unemployment benefits dropped 7,000 to 222,000 in the second full week of February, the Department of Labor reported Thursday, the second-lowest mark of the recovery and a good sign for the economy.

Forecasters had expected new jobless claims to remain steady at an ultra-low 230,000. Lower claims are good news because they mean fewer people are getting laid off.

Thursday's mark is the lowest since the early 1970s, setting aside the week of January 13, when claims touched as low as 216,000."

Dupe. You really need to quit using the Russian Times for your information, comrade. From the US BLS..

"In January, the unemployment rate was 4.1 percent for the fourth consecutive month. The number of unemployed persons, at 6.7 million, changed little over the month."

1.) 6.7 million

2.) 172 million

LOL

As usual you're lying. :lol: Whenever you make a claim I generally look it up because I know your pulling lies out of your ass.

When Trump was elected in November 2016 the labor participation rate was 62.7%. The labor participation rate in Jan 2018 was 62.7%. So your claim that labor participation has gone down under Trump is false. Yet even this number is deceiving because there are about 3 million more Americans that have been born or came here legally or illegally since that time. The reason the labor participation rate has not dropped over this time frame is that roughly 3 million jobs have been added over that same time period.

So you re claiming that Crooked Donnie still has the same Labor Participation rate he claimed was a disaster under the Great Obama?

What is wrong with this picture?

Such BAD NEWS!

JUST AWFUL!

1.) 6.7 million

2.) 172 million

LOL

172 million people are not working!
The most in our history

Keep believing in your follies, that just makes you Democrats easier to beat in 2020.

What a useless president

Let me guess????

Rasmussen!!!!

You can't make this shit up

I know, it isn't Democrat Fake News. So you ain't buyin it. Go figure? :laugh:

What a useless president

He can't help it, he has to work with what Obama's left him.

Forum List

Back