Arlington Cemetery Scandal: Why Did This Come Out Now Of All Times?

my2¢;2402513 said:
my2¢;2402045 said:
Why now? Probably because of statements from the Army relating to some results of an investigation they ordered last year over ongoing problems at the cemetery which certainly haven't been secret. It was one of the things brought up in passing in an National Public Radio interview prior to Memorial Day when they discussed the holiday with the retiring cemetery director.

Problem is the investigation started two years ago.

But if your version of the story makes you feel better...go with it.

Well I might be wrong but by my calculation, "November 12th of last year" was seven months ago.

Opening statement from the transcript of Pentagon briefing held June 10:

SEC. MCHUGH: Well, good afternoon. I'm Secretary of the Army John McHugh. I'm joined today at the table by the inspector general of the Army, Lieutenant General Steven Whitcomb, and Ms. Kathy -- Kathryn Condon, who's a member of the Army's Senior Executive Service.

So I'm just going to make a few opening comments and then go to your questions.

On November 12th of last year, I directed the inspector general to conduct an inspection of the operations at Arlington National Cemetery, to include the following areas of inquiry: operational policy and procedures; management, administration and coordination; synergy of command and coordination processes; and compliance with Army IT standards and protocols.

The inspection also focused upon the following significant allegations: hostile work environment; inappropriate hiring practices; improper interment and transinterment of remains, including noncompliance with internal regulations, policies and accountability.

At 4:00 on Tuesday June 8th, I formally received and accepted the inspector general's report. I've directed that these two reports be posted online. And they'll be available at Redirecting to Arlington Updates immediately following this conference.

Transcript:
Transcript of The Army Inspector General's review of management and operations at Arlington National Cemetery

Video:
The Pentagon Channel

Will Muddy call the general a liar or a puppet of Obama? Wait.

photo2large.jpg

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

This point has already been hashed out here numerous times with documentation to back it up. Obama is doing what many former presidents have done. Reagan attended 4 years and sent Bush Sr 4 years. Bush Sr sent Quayle all 4 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years as I believe Bush Jr did to. If not attending made Obama look "bad", he looked no worse than Reagan or Bush Sr. Methinks your petty partisanship is showing........and no, I'm not an Obama supporter. Just laying out the facts for you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his absence prima facia. However, it's another evidence of his tone deafness when it comes to seeing any of his weaknesses. This guy is reckognized as an apeaser and one who enjoys bowing to anybody with a title. He is seen as weak on the international stage and clueless in any military setting.

He simply cannot comprehend that he might not be revered by all at all times in all settings.

Because he's a pathetic excuse for a Commander in Chief, he needed to be at Arlington on Memorial Day. He has not established his bona fides and he needs to do so.

Clinton understood this dynamic. The Big 0 does not because he's an impudent elitist who assumes that everyone agrees with him in that he is both the greatest and most important person on Earth.

If a guy already knows it all, he sees little benefit in learning.

IF he had chosen to go to Arlington on Memorial Day, this board and all the others would have you screeching people calling him a hypocrite for whatever your personal reasons might be. It's a given.

It's clear there is a vendetta constantly in the wings against this man no matter what he does. Who do you think you're kidding?

This point has already been hashed out here numerous times with documentation to back it up. Obama is doing what many former presidents have done. Reagan attended 4 years and sent Bush Sr 4 years. Bush Sr sent Quayle all 4 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years as I believe Bush Jr did to. If not attending made Obama look "bad", he looked no worse than Reagan or Bush Sr. Methinks your petty partisanship is showing........and no, I'm not an Obama supporter. Just laying out the facts for you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his absence prima facia. However, it's another evidence of his tone deafness when it comes to seeing any of his weaknesses. This guy is reckognized as an apeaser and one who enjoys bowing to anybody with a title. He is seen as weak on the international stage and clueless in any military setting.

He simply cannot comprehend that he might not be revered by all at all times in all settings.

Because he's a pathetic excuse for a Commander in Chief, he needed to be at Arlington on Memorial Day. He has not established his bona fides and he needs to do so.

Clinton understood this dynamic. The Big 0 does not because he's an impudent elitist who assumes that everyone agrees with him in that he is both the greatest and most important person on Earth.

If a guy already knows it all, he sees little benefit in learning.

IF he had chosen to go to Arlington on Memorial Day, this board and all the others would have you screeching people calling him a hypocrite for whatever your personal reasons might be. It's a given.

It's clear there is a vendetta constantly in the wings against this man no matter what he does. Who do you think you're kidding?

That lame-assed excuse has been floated before.

You see...most of us don't have to make shit up on this loser.....they did have to where Bush was concerned.

I can't read Dante's shit but I can sure smell it.:cuckoo:

Then allow me to acquiesce to your request.

another Obama conspiracy?

mudthithle.jpg

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been

This is a conspiracy thread!

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

other President's sent surrogates in their place.

Conspiracy thread!!! LOL

If this isn't a Conspiracy thread, then nothing is.

photo2large.jpg

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been a letter that was sent to him by Black Historians last year stating that Arlington celebrates the deaths of Confederate soldiers.

Now all of the sudden an investigation intended to discredit Arlington has been under way and mistakes were found, people fired. MSNBC...an Obama cheerleader and heavy partisan released this story. 200 graves misidentified at Arlington Cemetery - Military- msnbc.com

Why now? It seems that whenever Obama looks bad somehow those who are directly or indirectly responsible come under fire.

It doesn't look good when graves are mislabeled and soldiers are buried one on top of the other....but when did this take place...decades ago. even longer? Is this just another example of Obama trying to make one of his gaffs look good after the fact?

This reminds me of the time Joe The Plumber asked him if his taxes would go up if he owned a business....and in a moment of complete candor Obama said yes....he intended on "spreading the wealth". A firestorm resulted that has left an indelible mark on his presidency to this day and has been reinforced by his actions to date. Immediately Obama became critical of poor Joe in his campaign speeches...making fun of the guy and Joe's personal records soon became public for all to see including private records of his divorce were released by an Obama supporter.

Is this the best we can expect from this man? You make him look bad and you become the target?

Is this all this guy knows how to do....punish anyone or anything that causes him embarrassment?

What happened to putting petty politics aside Mr. President.

Seems according to reports this has been simmering for about 2 years...yet now it found it's way into the limelight. Why now?

Arlington National Cemetery:: Interactive_Map

Obama is a magician- dont ever watch the hand he is showing you. Always watch the other hand. He owns all the press except fox- they are only printing what he wants at this time.

My first reaction is always to check what pelosi is ramming thru or reid that they don't want you paying attention to. The arlington story will pull on a lot of heartstrings, get lots of discussion, etc.

something else is happening- someone needs to find out what it is.

do you have any idea how many bills have just been agreed to without an official vote of the senate this year? How many things have just been " deemed" to have passed

good observation in asking this question- why now????????indeed- there is a reason

Oh do enlighten us. (This should be good...)

Did you ever figure out what the news should have been on the 11th of June instead of the Arlington story like I told you there would be? It was there! It will effect you forever! or did you even look?

Forum List

Back