Arlington Cemetery Scandal: Why Did This Come Out Now Of All Times?

This point has already been hashed out here numerous times with documentation to back it up. Obama is doing what many former presidents have done. Reagan attended 4 years and sent Bush Sr 4 years. Bush Sr sent Quayle all 4 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years as I believe Bush Jr did to. If not attending made Obama look "bad", he looked no worse than Reagan or Bush Sr. Methinks your petty partisanship is showing........and no, I'm not an Obama supporter. Just laying out the facts for you.

I already know the facts.....and you're ignoring the point of the OP and ignoring Obama's motivations so stated therein.

It really doesn't matter if you support Obama or not. He's purposely trying to appear innocent. He always does. He's never overt. Everything he does is designed to keep him from being accused of having a malicious intent. To a non-partisan all this appears innocent by design. That is how the uninformed will take it. But trust me...it is far from innocent.

When the OP begins with, "Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.", I don't have the interest to read any further. I already have a good idea where the rest of it is headed. Just sayin'.

Haha -- all I need to do is see an OP by Muddy and I can guess that he's glommed onto some irrelevant point he considers fact and hopes to start a viral conversation about it.

So you're attempting to lay the blame for THIS on Obama???! Nice spin, stupid. This has been an ongoing ARMY investigation begun long before Obama was sworn in. Yours isn't even a lame attempt at spin. It's pure bunk.

Once again...this was not made public till now?

Why the fuck not?

MSMBC is a well known media spokesman for the Obama Administration.

It's a thinly veiled coincidence at best.

Problem with folks like you is that you think every story that appears in the MSM isn't planned.

Having been to Journalism school I know it is. The editor is responsible for whatever is published.

YOU'VE been to journalism school??? :lol: :lol: Is that why you can only use your writing "skills" on a message board? Show us something you've published, genius.

Once again your reading comp is suspect.

I attended Journalism School. Some of my writings have been published. One of my profs used my thesis in a book she wrote. Also, some poetry I wrote was published. But nothing much to speak of. I did not say I held a degree....but it doesn't take a degree to know how a media outlet works.

One of the first classes I took involved the principles of journalism and theory. Why stories are chosen. Whatever bleed...leads....it's a simple fact that any Journalism major learns.

So....because of that training it's also well known to anyone who studied in the field that what is published has to be chosen by the people that publish it. It doesn't happen by accident. You feel it does however.

Last edited:
Right, like MSNBC was the ONLY news outlet that carried this story. You people are pathetic.

And you're pitiful for ignoring the first part of my sentence.:lol:

Er, Chris Matthews = MSNBC? What's not to get?

That regardless of the situation, CM can be counted on to be of assistance to this administration. You don't have to appreciate my observation in order to acknowledge that it's a statement he made.

I already know the facts.....and you're ignoring the point of the OP and ignoring Obama's motivations so stated therein.

It really doesn't matter if you support Obama or not. He's purposely trying to appear innocent. He always does. He's never overt. Everything he does is designed to keep him from being accused of having a malicious intent. To a non-partisan all this appears innocent by design. That is how the uninformed will take it. But trust me...it is far from innocent.

When the OP begins with, "Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.", I don't have the interest to read any further. I already have a good idea where the rest of it is headed. Just sayin'.

Haha -- all I need to do is see an OP by Muddy and I can guess that he's glommed onto some irrelevant point he considers fact and hopes to start a viral conversation about it.

And it plain to see that you have a habit of screaming out responses without thinking them through.

My opinions are based on common-sense and deductive reasoning....something you can't seem to fathom. Eventually concrete evidence to support my claims will become known.....or they won't....but it still doesn't make them any less valid as long the Obama Administration continues to be non-transparent and continues to be deceptive in their answers to questions from journalists.

One Presidential press conference in one solid year tells us all we need to know about this administration.

Last edited:
This news article the OP posted has nothing to do with Obama outside it happening on Arlington and that some people think Obama not showing up on Memorial Day is, as Vice President Biden would say "a big fucking deal."

Isn't Arlington National Cemetery run by the military anyway? The investigation is coming from within the army.

Second of all, let's think about this for a second. The OP seems to be claiming that Obama is trying to cover his "gaff" by having the cemetery investigated for goofing on its own job. This is silly because there's no reason for Obama to try to cover a gaff that no one cares about except a small vocal group of people who hate Obama no matter what he does. Why would Obama try to cover this "gaff?" Why didn't any other president cover this gaff? He and they wouldn't, that's why. There's no reason for them to do so, outside a conspiracy theory.

By the way, has anyone considered that maybe Biden wanted to do the Memorial Day thing and Barack let him?

Why hello there me from this morning. Fancy meeting you here, with no one answering your fairly reasonable questions. Do you come here often?

So you're attempting to lay the blame for THIS on Obama???! Nice spin, stupid. This has been an ongoing ARMY investigation begun long before Obama was sworn in. Yours isn't even a lame attempt at spin. It's pure bunk.

Why the fuck not?

Problem with folks like you is that you think every story that appears in the MSM isn't planned.

Having been to Journalism school I know it is. The editor is responsible for whatever is published.

Because the report wasn't released until yesterday, stupid.

Arlington Cemetery Inspection Documents

No shit Sherlock.....why now?

Two friggen years to release something that could have been released before Obama took office.

Explain that numbnuts.:cuckoo:

And it plain to see that you have a habit of screaming out responses without thinking them through.

My opinions are based on common-sense and deductive reasoning....something you can't seem to fathom. Eventually concrete evidence to support my claims will become known.....or they won't....but it still doesn't make them any less valid as long the Obama Administration continues to be non-transparent and continues to be deceptive in their answers to questions from journalists.

One Presidential press conference in one solid year tells us all we need to know about this administration.

It looks like "journalism school" only left you with one lasting theory, "what bleeds will lead." That's unfortunate.

It looks like "journalism school" only left you with one lasting theory, "what bleeds will lead." That's unfortunate.

No...but I'm sure your narrow viewpoint cannot allow you to accept anything else.

What we have firmly established is you can't see the big picture and you tend to run off at the mouth....you tend to put words in other people's mouths while arguing your point...and you probably wet yourself when you read some of the postings on this thread.

Why the fuck not?

Two friggen years to release something that could have been released before Obama took office.

Yeah, it should have been finished within a month at most. That way the Army could just pretend it had talked to a lot of families who had complained, dug up those graves and investigated why such atrocities occurred, then talk to the principles running the cemetary to find out what happened. Yep, about a month would be all that should have been required to just make up shit. Then hold off publishing the report until it could make Obama look good. Uh huh...:cuckoo:

Yeah, it should have been finished within a month at most. That way the Army could just pretend it had talked to a lot of families who had complained, dug up those graves and investigated why such atrocities occurred, then talk to the principles running the cemetary to find out what happened. Yep, about a month would be all that should have been required to just make up shit. Then hold off publishing the report until it could make Obama look good. Uh huh...:cuckoo:

It shows us a couple of things....Obama is trying to capitalize on an ongoing investigation...or an investigation that has long been handled and dealt with for his own political gain. It also appears like it takes forever for a simple paper-check to take place in the bureaucracy of this government. It shouldn't.

He did indeed look bad over the Memorial Day weekend and this is just what he does when he looks bad.....he tries to make himself look better any way he can. GOT TO KEEP THOSE FUCKEN POLL NUMBERS UP AT ALL COSTS.

Last edited:

No...but I'm sure your narrow viewpoint cannot allow you to accept anything else.

What we have firmly established is you can't see the big picture and you tend to run off at the mouth....you tend to put words in other people's mouths while arguing your point...and you probably wet yourself when you read some of the postings on this thread.

Just the way you presume to know everything about me and what I'm doing at the moment only adds to the obvious fact that you don't think twice about making up shit, just as you've made up your idiotic theory in this thread. This sandbox is empty, so move on to your next "theory" so we can laugh some more.

Just the way you presume to know everything about me and what I'm doing at the moment only adds to the obvious fact that you don't think twice about making up shit, just as you've made up your idiotic theory in this thread. This sandbox is empty, so move on to your next "theory" so we can laugh some more.

Only in your mind.....

You seem to be laughing almost by yourself...and I've already read comments from others that pretty much concur with my views.

It seems only those who refuse to accept this as a possibility feel the way you do....regardless of the history of this Presidency.

photo2large.jpg

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been a letter that was sent to him by Black Historians last year stating that Arlington celebrates the deaths of Confederate soldiers.

Now all of the sudden an investigation intended to discredit Arlington has been under way and mistakes were found, people fired. MSNBC...an Obama cheerleader and heavy partisan released this story. 200 graves misidentified at Arlington Cemetery - Military- msnbc.com

Over the past couple of years, officials said, some of the 300,000 graves at Arlington were improperly marked and in some cases bodies were buried in the wrong graves.

In 2008, an Air Force master sergeant was buried on top of a staff sergeant already in the grave, but the error wasn't discovered until the widow of the first service member buried there complained to authorities that someone else's headstone had been placed on her husband's grave.

Metzler and Higginbotham have come under heavy criticism for not creating a computer database of gravesites. Records of the hundreds of thousands buried at Arlington National are still kept in paper files.

"We found nothing that was intentional, criminal intent or intended sloppiness that caused this. ... But of all the things in the world, we see this as a zero defect operation," Whitcomb told reporters Thursday.

Why now? It seems that whenever Obama looks bad somehow those who are directly or indirectly responsible come under fire.

It doesn't look good when graves are mislabeled and soldiers are buried one on top of the other....but when did this take place...decades ago. even longer? Is this just another example of Obama trying to make one of his gaffs look good after the fact?

This reminds me of the time Joe The Plumber asked him if his taxes would go up if he owned a business....and in a moment of complete candor Obama said yes....he intended on "spreading the wealth". A firestorm resulted that has left an indelible mark on his presidency to this day and has been reinforced by his actions to date. Immediately Obama became critical of poor Joe in his campaign speeches...making fun of the guy and Joe's personal records soon became public for all to see including private records of his divorce were released by an Obama supporter.

Is this the best we can expect from this man? You make him look bad and you become the target?

Is this all this guy knows how to do....punish anyone or anything that causes him embarrassment?

What happened to putting petty politics aside Mr. President.

Seems according to reports this has been simmering for about 2 years...yet now it found it's way into the limelight. Why now?

Arlington National Cemetery:: Interactive_Map

Obama is a magician- dont ever watch the hand he is showing you. Always watch the other hand. He owns all the press except fox- they are only printing what he wants at this time.

My first reaction is always to check what pelosi is ramming thru or reid that they don't want you paying attention to. The arlington story will pull on a lot of heartstrings, get lots of discussion, etc.

something else is happening- someone needs to find out what it is.

do you have any idea how many bills have just been agreed to without an official vote of the senate this year? How many things have just been " deemed" to have passed

good observation in asking this question- why now????????indeed- there is a reason

photo2large.jpg

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been a letter that was sent to him by Black Historians last year stating that Arlington celebrates the deaths of Confederate soldiers.

Now all of the sudden an investigation intended to discredit Arlington has been under way and mistakes were found, people fired. MSNBC...an Obama cheerleader and heavy partisan released this story. 200 graves misidentified at Arlington Cemetery - Military- msnbc.com

Over the past couple of years, officials said, some of the 300,000 graves at Arlington were improperly marked and in some cases bodies were buried in the wrong graves.

In 2008, an Air Force master sergeant was buried on top of a staff sergeant already in the grave, but the error wasn't discovered until the widow of the first service member buried there complained to authorities that someone else's headstone had been placed on her husband's grave.

Metzler and Higginbotham have come under heavy criticism for not creating a computer database of gravesites. Records of the hundreds of thousands buried at Arlington National are still kept in paper files.

"We found nothing that was intentional, criminal intent or intended sloppiness that caused this. ... But of all the things in the world, we see this as a zero defect operation," Whitcomb told reporters Thursday.

Why now? It seems that whenever Obama looks bad somehow those who are directly or indirectly responsible come under fire.

It doesn't look good when graves are mislabeled and soldiers are buried one on top of the other....but when did this take place...decades ago. even longer? Is this just another example of Obama trying to make one of his gaffs look good after the fact?

This reminds me of the time Joe The Plumber asked him if his taxes would go up if he owned a business....and in a moment of complete candor Obama said yes....he intended on "spreading the wealth". A firestorm resulted that has left an indelible mark on his presidency to this day and has been reinforced by his actions to date. Immediately Obama became critical of poor Joe in his campaign speeches...making fun of the guy and Joe's personal records soon became public for all to see including private records of his divorce were released by an Obama supporter.

Is this the best we can expect from this man? You make him look bad and you become the target?

Is this all this guy knows how to do....punish anyone or anything that causes him embarrassment?

Seems according to reports this has been simmering for about 2 years...yet now it found it's way into the limelight. Why now?

Obama is a magician- dont ever watch the hand he is showing you. Always watch the other hand. He owns all the press except fox- they are only printing what he wants at this time.

My first reaction is always to check what pelosi is ramming thru or reid that they don't want you paying attention to. The arlington story will pull on a lot of heartstrings, get lots of discussion, etc.

do you have any idea how many bills have just been agreed to without an official vote of the senate this year? How many things have just been " deemed" to have passed

good observation in asking this question- why now????????indeed- there is a reason

Oh do enlighten us. (This should be good...)

photo2large.jpg

Oh do enlighten us. (This should be good...)

I love sarcasm- you obviously don't know what goes on in the senate and gets passed without a vote so you can't check on where your senator stands on the issue.

YouTube - DeMint: Over 90% of Bills Passed Secretly With No Debate, No Vote!

so consider yourself enlightened to a degree unless you think he is telling lies on the floor of the senate.

photo2large.jpg

another Obama conspiracy?

mudthithle.jpg

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been

Last edited:
This is a conspiracy thread!

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

other President's sent surrogates in their place.

Conspiracy thread!!! LOL

Last edited:
Why now? Probably because of statements from the Army relating to some results of an investigation they ordered last year over ongoing problems at the cemetery which certainly haven't been secret. It was one of the things brought up in passing in an National Public Radio interview prior to Memorial Day when they discussed the holiday with the retiring cemetery director.

my2¢;2402045 said:
Why now? Probably because of statements from the Army relating to some results of an investigation they ordered last year over ongoing problems at the cemetery which certainly haven't been secret. It was one of the things brought up in passing in an National Public Radio interview prior to Memorial Day when they discussed the holiday with the retiring cemetery director.

Problem is the investigation started two years ago.

But if your version of the story makes you feel better...go with it.

Forum List

Back