Arlington Cemetery Scandal: Why Did This Come Out Now Of All Times?

Well I don't know about this, but Chris Matthews did say that it's his duty to help make Obama's presidency a success.

Right, like MSNBC was the ONLY news outlet that carried this story. You people are pathetic.

A better excuse could be that it was Robert E Lee's old house.
During the war it was seized for unpaid taxes.
After the war, the Lee family (The estate belonged to Lee's wife rather than to him directly) sued on the basis that the seizure was fraudulent and won, but since dead from the last year of the war who were buried there were so many, the Lees and the Army came to an accommodation. and sold the place at a discount.

The Union army took the place over and used it as a hospital in 1862. During the overland campaign all the other cemeteries in DC were overfull, so they started burying the dead at Arlington on a temporary basis.

It was US government policy that all parties to the conflict were Americans, and would be treated as such. Any wounded and dead would be given equal treatment.

Raising the confederate dead issue is a really smelly red herring.

As for the OP's point... This is very old. He is a narcissist. It is all about him. If he makes a fool of himself, some one did it too him, and that someone must pay. It is always because of him when things go right, it is never his fault when things go wrong.

What are you talking about???

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

no he didn't...

how many times did you need to be shown that cheney did the arlington thing as did daddy bush when reagan was president?

seriously.

Seriously hun...he did look bad. His little dity in Chicago was washed out while the VP looked Presidential in his stead.

So this story is his response to the criticism that resulted.

The only one who looks petty is you.

Doubtful.

Obama looks bad because he couldn't get the Olympics....so what does he do...he bribes the Nobel committee with $100 million annually to buy the peace prize. Their response when their motives were questioned was that they wanted to award him for what he wants to do, not what he already has done. He can't stand to look bad...and the Olympics committee made him look bad....no doubt about it.

Arizona passes a law requiring a valid birth certificate from any candidate in order to place their name on the ballet in their state....then passes a law mirroring the federal immigration law in place and Obama goes on a vendetta to discredit the state and the Governor, not because he really thinks the law is illegal because he hadn't read the thing, but because they dared to ask for his valid birth certificate.

While this is going on one of BPs oil platforms blows up and for 8 days Obama ignores it. He's going after Arizona causing divisions. When he can't ignore the spill anymore he claims he's been on the job since day one. He even looks for sympathy because he had to stand in the rain talking to fisherman hoping, he says, to find out who's ass to kick. This can't be verified but he claims he's in charge. The only thing he's in charge of is a criminal investigation into BPs actions.

I see nothing from this guy put vendettas and petty politics. I wouldn't have much to complain about if he wasn't constantly trying to cover for his lack of leadership and his constant thin-skinned reaction to criticism.

Well I guess using your logic, we should only have one person at the helm handling all things relevant, and never delegate to experts in the myriad fields. Yeah, that's the ticket. A dictatorship.

[The Olympics? Yes, you are indeed one petty pimp for the lunatic right. Only someone like you is still dwelling on that non-earth shattering story.]

Pretty hilarious that when I'm accusing Obama of being petty...that's the only accusation I get from the left.

Quite hypocritical.

You can't defend the guy so your response is to project his flaws onto me.

Not very imaginative.

Regarding the Arlington National Cemetary fuckups, what is he supposed to "defend"??

Well I don't know about this, but Chris Matthews did say that it's his duty to help make Obama's presidency a success.

Right, like MSNBC was the ONLY news outlet that carried this story. You people are pathetic.

They had to release the story and hope it grows legs.

Maybe it will and maybe it won't..

But the President is gonna look bad if he becomes the focus...so he's taking a risk by showing once again what a petty tin-horn dictator he is.

photo2large.jpg

Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been a letter that was sent to him by Black Historians last year stating that Arlington celebrates the deaths of Confederate soldiers.

Now all of the sudden an investigation intended to discredit Arlington has been under way and mistakes were found, people fired. MSNBC...an Obama cheerleader and heavy partisan released this story. 200 graves misidentified at Arlington Cemetery - Military- msnbc.com

Why now? It seems that whenever Obama looks bad somehow those who are directly or indirectly responsible come under fire.

It doesn't look good when graves are mislabeled and soldiers are buried one on top of the other....but when did this take place...decades ago. even longer? Is this just another example of Obama trying to make one of his gaffs look good after the fact?

This reminds me of the time Joe The Plumber asked him if his taxes would go up if he owned a business....and in a moment of complete candor Obama said yes....he intended on "spreading the wealth". A firestorm resulted that has left an indelible mark on his presidency to this day and has been reinforced by his actions to date. Immediately Obama became critical of poor Joe in his campaign speeches...making fun of the guy and Joe's personal records soon became public for all to see including private records of his divorce were released by an Obama supporter.

Is this the best we can expect from this man? You make him look bad and you become the target?

Is this all this guy knows how to do....punish anyone or anything that causes him embarrassment?

What happened to putting petty politics aside Mr. President.

Seems according to reports this has been simmering for about 2 years...yet now it found it's way into the limelight. Why now?

Arlington National Cemetery:: Interactive_Map

Memorial Day doesn't "celebrate" death, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.

This is true....but that didn't stop those historians from making the claim that Arlington in effect supported White Supremacy.

Whenever something like this occurs, historians and journalists will always do background stories. Hello? But then that's part of your problem: Historical data means zip to you, unless of course some small part of it happens to support your weird positions.

Memorial Day doesn't "celebrate" death, it commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.

This is true....but that didn't stop those historians from making the claim that Arlington in effect supported White Supremacy.

Liberals and blacks see racism around every corner, that shows me who the racist truly are.

Only someone from the deep south, and especially TexASS believes that. Oddly enough, your "colors" show in just about everything you post.

photo2large.jpg

It was discovered that one of the reasons he refused to attend may have been a letter that was sent to him by Black Historians last year stating that Arlington celebrates the deaths of Confederate soldiers.

Now all of the sudden an investigation intended to discredit Arlington has been under way and mistakes were found, people fired. MSNBC...an Obama cheerleader and heavy partisan released this story. 200 graves misidentified at Arlington Cemetery - Military- msnbc.com

Over the past couple of years, officials said, some of the 300,000 graves at Arlington were improperly marked and in some cases bodies were buried in the wrong graves.

In 2008, an Air Force master sergeant was buried on top of a staff sergeant already in the grave, but the error wasn't discovered until the widow of the first service member buried there complained to authorities that someone else's headstone had been placed on her husband's grave.

Metzler and Higginbotham have come under heavy criticism for not creating a computer database of gravesites. Records of the hundreds of thousands buried at Arlington National are still kept in paper files.

"We found nothing that was intentional, criminal intent or intended sloppiness that caused this. ... But of all the things in the world, we see this as a zero defect operation," Whitcomb told reporters Thursday.

Why now? It seems that whenever Obama looks bad somehow those who are directly or indirectly responsible come under fire.

It doesn't look good when graves are mislabeled and soldiers are buried one on top of the other....but when did this take place...decades ago. even longer? Is this just another example of Obama trying to make one of his gaffs look good after the fact?

This reminds me of the time Joe The Plumber asked him if his taxes would go up if he owned a business....and in a moment of complete candor Obama said yes....he intended on "spreading the wealth". A firestorm resulted that has left an indelible mark on his presidency to this day and has been reinforced by his actions to date. Immediately Obama became critical of poor Joe in his campaign speeches...making fun of the guy and Joe's personal records soon became public for all to see including private records of his divorce were released by an Obama supporter.

Is this the best we can expect from this man? You make him look bad and you become the target?

Is this all this guy knows how to do....punish anyone or anything that causes him embarrassment?

Seems according to reports this has been simmering for about 2 years...yet now it found it's way into the limelight. Why now?

So you're attempting to lay the blame for THIS on Obama???! Nice spin, stupid. This has been an ongoing ARMY investigation begun long before Obama was sworn in. Yours isn't even a lame attempt at spin. It's pure bunk.

Once again...this was not made public till now?

Why the fuck not?

MSMBC is a well known media spokesman for the Obama Administration.

It's a thinly veiled coincidence at best.

Problem with folks like you is that you think every story that appears in the MSM isn't planned.

Having been to Journalism school I know it is. The editor is responsible for whatever is published.

Last edited:
photo2large.jpg

This point has already been hashed out here numerous times with documentation to back it up. Obama is doing what many former presidents have done. Reagan attended 4 years and sent Bush Sr 4 years. Bush Sr sent Quayle all 4 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years as I believe Bush Jr did to. If not attending made Obama look "bad", he looked no worse than Reagan or Bush Sr. Methinks your petty partisanship is showing........and no, I'm not an Obama supporter. Just laying out the facts for you.

I already know the facts.....and you're ignoring the point of the OP and ignoring Obama's motivations so stated therein.

It really doesn't matter if you support Obama or not. He's purposely trying to appear innocent. He always does. He's never overt. Everything he does is designed to keep him from being accused of having a malicious intent. To a non-partisan all this appears innocent by design. That is how the uninformed will take it. But trust me...it is far from innocent.

You only want to believe he has some sort of dubious motivation. I'm sure if he wore brown shoes one day, you would post that his "motivation" is to slowly get the people used to wearing brown. The brown shirts would follow. Everyone is on to your motivation, ironically.

This point has already been hashed out here numerous times with documentation to back it up. Obama is doing what many former presidents have done. Reagan attended 4 years and sent Bush Sr 4 years. Bush Sr sent Quayle all 4 years of his presidency. Clinton went all 8 years as I believe Bush Jr did to. If not attending made Obama look "bad", he looked no worse than Reagan or Bush Sr. Methinks your petty partisanship is showing........and no, I'm not an Obama supporter. Just laying out the facts for you.

I already know the facts.....and you're ignoring the point of the OP and ignoring Obama's motivations so stated therein.

It really doesn't matter if you support Obama or not. He's purposely trying to appear innocent. He always does. He's never overt. Everything he does is designed to keep him from being accused of having a malicious intent. To a non-partisan all this appears innocent by design. That is how the uninformed will take it. But trust me...it is far from innocent.

You only want to believe he has some sort of dubious motivation. I'm sure if he wore brown shoes one day, you would post that his "motivation" is to slowly get the people used to wearing brown. The brown shirts would follow. Everyone is on to your motivation, ironically.

OMG are you crying....do you want a tissue?

photo2large.jpg

Over the past couple of years, officials said, some of the 300,000 graves at Arlington were improperly marked and in some cases bodies were buried in the wrong graves.

In 2008, an Air Force master sergeant was buried on top of a staff sergeant already in the grave, but the error wasn't discovered until the widow of the first service member buried there complained to authorities that someone else's headstone had been placed on her husband's grave.

Metzler and Higginbotham have come under heavy criticism for not creating a computer database of gravesites. Records of the hundreds of thousands buried at Arlington National are still kept in paper files.

"We found nothing that was intentional, criminal intent or intended sloppiness that caused this. ... But of all the things in the world, we see this as a zero defect operation," Whitcomb told reporters Thursday.

It sounds as if you'd prefer that this was covered up. There's no excuse for what happened....a burial urn has been found in a landfill. There's no dobt at all someone has been embezzling. The whistle was blown on this scandal two years ago...the question should not be "why now" but "what took so long"?

If the proper burial of American soldiers in Arlington Cemetery is your idea of "petty politics", then you and I see patriotism differently.

But the President is gonna look bad if he becomes the focus...so he's taking a risk by showing once again what a petty tin-horn dictator he is.

Yeah, with all that's going on the country, this one's gonna take legs because you say so. You are such a joke.

Yeah, with all that's going on the country, this one's gonna take legs because you say so. You are such a joke.

You're still pouting.

I said "Maybe it will and maybe it won't..."

You're making yourself look foolish.

Obama hopes it's gonna take hold and become a big story. I think it's a disgrace personally. He isn't worried about how it makes our military look....he's mainly concerned out how he looks in all of this.

Last edited:
photo2large.jpg

When the OP begins with, "Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.", I don't have the interest to read any further. I already have a good idea where the rest of it is headed. Just sayin'.

photo2large.jpg

So you're attempting to lay the blame for THIS on Obama???! Nice spin, stupid. This has been an ongoing ARMY investigation begun long before Obama was sworn in. Yours isn't even a lame attempt at spin. It's pure bunk.

Why the fuck not?

Problem with folks like you is that you think every story that appears in the MSM isn't planned.

Having been to Journalism school I know it is. The editor is responsible for whatever is published.

Because the report wasn't released until yesterday, stupid.

Arlington Cemetery Inspection Documents

photo2large.jpg

Why the fuck not?

YOU'VE been to journalism school??? :lol: :lol: Is that why you can only use your writing "skills" on a message board? Show us something you've published, genius.

When the OP begins with, "Obama looked pretty bad this last memorial day by not attending the ceremonies....instead sending the VP in his place.", I don't have the interest to read any further. I already have a good idea where the rest of it is headed. Just sayin'.

Like it matters.

If you don't care then move on to another thread instead of remaining here making intentionally uniformed statements.

OMG are you crying....do you want a tissue?

Wimps like you hardly make me "cry." Only sad that there are actually idiots like you who claim to be so brilliant.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." ~~ Mark Twain

Forum List

Back