Arlen Spector dead at 82.

There are certain days which should NEVER be used as a political statement regardless of personal feelings.. This is one of those. Everyone, every family deserves respect shown in honoring their loss of a loved one. Arlen Specter served our nation, regardless of politics- he touched the lives of many on both sides of the aisle. Give his family a chance to grieve and show decency, respect on this day of all days.

BS - Their private mourning and the national dialogue amongst internet poster are two different things. We have no personal affection for him and we don't need to pretend that we do.

Specter was a traitor who f'd a lot of people over. I'm not going into intellectual hybernation just b/c he passed away.

Specter was not a traitor, using such over the top terms to describe people who do not always tow the party line is a good indication of why the republicans shed it's moderates and are now an ideologically bound party where freedom of opinion is just not allowed under any circumstances. The actual bad people are the ones who do not let whatever principals they have to get in the way of party business.

You're no different in using this day as a political football. I don't get it.. Can't people let it go for one single day and have the decency to honor this family and this man's death??

Stood up to the Bush administration and extreme pressure from his own party in defense of our liberties.

A great man. A great Senator.

It's sad that cancer took the man's life early, but let's stop pretending he was such a great man or great senator. Arlen Specter was in it for Arlen Specter.

BS - Their private mourning and the national dialogue amongst internet poster are two different things. We have no personal affection for him and we don't need to pretend that we do.

Specter was a traitor who f'd a lot of people over. I'm not going into intellectual hybernation just b/c he passed away.

Specter was not a traitor, using such over the top terms to describe people who do not always tow the party line is a good indication of why the republicans shed it's moderates and are now an ideologically bound party where freedom of opinion is just not allowed under any circumstances. The actual bad people are the ones who do not let whatever principals they have to get in the way of party business.

You're no different in using this day as a political football. I don't get it.. Can't people let it go for one single day and have the decency to honor this family and this man's death??

I myself was not a huge fan of the man but I am at least defending his legacy from those who hounded him from politics for breaking from the herd. The man was a republican politician, a rare moderate, letting his greatest enemies from his own party write his epitaph as a horrible traitor to America is unconscionable. I feel he was better than most in his profession and a good indication of just how far right his party has gone.

Last edited:

I myself was not a huge fan of the man but I am at least defending his legacy from those who hounded him from politics for breaking from the herd. The man was a republican politician, a rare moderate, letting his greatest enemies from his own party write his epitaph as a horrible traitor to America is unconscionable. I feel he was better than most in his profession and a good indication of just how far right his party has gone.

Her (stupid) point is not to debate politics one way or another. Defending his so-called legacy gives you no moral high ground from her perspective; and certainly not by my perspective.

Her (stupid) point is not to debate politics one way or another. Defending his so-called legacy gives you no moral high ground from her perspective; and certainly not by my perspective.

Glad you cleared that up for us, carry on.

Arlen Specter, who served five terms in the U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania, has died at the age of 82, the Associated Press reported.

I didn't insult you and I don't care for your tone..I honestly don't care what your perspective is.. I care about decency and what Conservatives always do.. take the high road. Your tone and disrespect are duly noted.

Turncoat Arlen. The man whose veritable act of treason to the Constitution and the party that had supported and lauded him for so many years, whose despicable act made the imposition of Obamacare onto this nation of unwilling recipients possible, burn in Hell, Arlen. May the Devils pitchfork be buried up to its haft in both of your gluteus maximus right now as down payment for your perfidy.

I don't know what his fate will be, but I'm sure yours will be similar to what you described.

I mean after all, the bible frowns heavily on that sort of thing.

Who knows, you may find yourself ass to mouth with him soon on the end of a very long pole!

I didn't insult you and I don't care for your tone..I honestly don't care what your perspective is.. I care about decency and what Conservatives always do.. take the high road. Your tone and disrespect are duly noted.

If I was at a church at his funeral, I'd pay all due respect according to human decency.

This is a message board. We discuss people and events for what they are. Specter screwed over a lot of people and your call for mourning him here and ignoring issues is just unnecessary to say the least. Him dying, doesn't change his public record one iota.

I didn't insult you and I don't care for your tone.

Photo%20on%202010-08-20%20at%2018.46.jpg

BWAHAHA.JPG

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/5d6c8349e8a8bc46770a614e331c8be3a7934647/687474703a2f2f7777772e746865776865656c66782e636f6d2f6c616e652f474946532f42574148414841484148412e6a7067/http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/BWAHAHAHAHA.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNXQFnOoRk]The Dark Knight Joker Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back