Arlen Specter is a Louse

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
I wondered why Specter signed off on this porkulous passage. Nice to know it's his own interests he looks out for first.

But even lobbyists are stunned by the coup Mr. Specter pulled off this week. In return for providing one of only three Republican votes in the Senate for the Obama administration’s $787 billion economic stimulus package, he was able to secure a 34 percent increase in the health agency’s budget — to $39 billion from $29 billion.

After money intended for highways, schools and states, it is the largest of chunk of financing in the budget and is almost three times the $3.5 billion first approved by the House. Nearly $2 billion is intended for building and equipment projects at the N.I.H. campus in Bethesda, Md., as well as at universities across the country. But most of the money will go to pay for as many as 15,000 additional grants submitted by scientists at universities across the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/14/health/policy/14specter.html?ref=science

Senator Specter was trying to secure an increase in funding for the National Institutes of Health and their research. Even lobbyists were stunned by the coup Mr. Specter pulled off in the final version of the Porkulus Spendulous plan. He was only one of the three GOP Amigo votes in the Senate. For that vote he was able to secure a 34 percent increase in the health agency’s budget — to $39 billion from $29 billion. How that increase will brings jobs to Pennsylvania remains to be seen.

Sights on Pennsylvania: Arlen Specter- Did You Really Say That??

But this isn't pork, or an earmark, or pet project (or whatever pc term is correct these days), right? Put a fork in him cause he's done.

I wondered why Specter signed off on this porkulous passage. Nice to know it's his own interests he looks out for first.

But even lobbyists are stunned by the coup Mr. Specter pulled off this week. In return for providing one of only three Republican votes in the Senate for the Obama administration’s $787 billion economic stimulus package, he was able to secure a 34 percent increase in the health agency’s budget — to $39 billion from $29 billion.

After money intended for highways, schools and states, it is the largest of chunk of financing in the budget and is almost three times the $3.5 billion first approved by the House. Nearly $2 billion is intended for building and equipment projects at the N.I.H. campus in Bethesda, Md., as well as at universities across the country. But most of the money will go to pay for as many as 15,000 additional grants submitted by scientists at universities across the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/14/health/policy/14specter.html?ref=science

Senator Specter was trying to secure an increase in funding for the National Institutes of Health and their research. Even lobbyists were stunned by the coup Mr. Specter pulled off in the final version of the Porkulus Spendulous plan. He was only one of the three GOP Amigo votes in the Senate. For that vote he was able to secure a 34 percent increase in the health agency’s budget — to $39 billion from $29 billion. How that increase will brings jobs to Pennsylvania remains to be seen.

Sights on Pennsylvania: Arlen Specter- Did You Really Say That??

But this isn't pork, or an earmark, or pet project (or whatever pc term is correct these days), right? Put a fork in him cause he's done.

I knew there was something, nice dig, the libs can't shit on the source here ......

I think Spector was the one and only Republican invited to Super Bowl.. yep.. seeking bipartisanship... :eusa_whistle:

That is one powerful Jewish man. It wasn't even Pennsylvanians that benefitted from that... it was his own personal cause. What if Americans controlled America?

Forum List

Back