Arlen Specter blows it, torpedo's his own boat, by attacking Michelle Bachman

Which unsupportable positions has Ms. Bachman embarassed herself with?

Calling for the investigation of members of Congress
On October 17, 2008, Bachmann gave an interview on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews in support of the presidential campaign of Senator John McCain that brought the Minnesota 6th Congressional District race national attention. During the interview she criticized Barack Obama for his association with Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, saying "…usually we associate with people who have similar ideas to us, and it seems that it calls into questions what Barack Obama's true beliefs, and values, and thoughts are...I am very concerned that he [Barack Obama] may have anti-American views." When asked by Matthews "How many people in the Congress of the United States do you suspect as being anti-American?" she replied "What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think people would love to see an expose like that".

I'd say that was pretty unsupportable.

-TSO

You clearly don't know who you are talking to ...

No matter what you throw at her she will deny until her last breath.

Spector has an admirable record in the Senate regardless of which party he is representing. Bachman has repeatedly embarassed herself with unsupportable positions.

There is no comparisons between the two

That is code for...

Bachman is a woman of conviction regardless of how the left tries to humiliate her.
Spector will change his mind on anything if it means votes.

I understand the loyalty thing, but are you sure you want to defend Hysterical Michele Bachmann?

Bachmann said she wanted Minnesotans "armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back." She then told listeners that Thomas Jefferson told us that "having a revolution every now and then is a good thing."

Inciting armed revolution?

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home, we won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Advocating breaking federal law?

And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.

Claiming that AmeriCorps is going to send kids to re-education camps?

Inciting armed revolution? Yep, our Founders did that.
Advocating breaking unjust laws? Yup, our Founders did that.
Fighting against tyranny? Yup, our Founders did that.
If this were prior to the American Revolution you would be berating Jefferson and calling him a nutjob too.

If this were prior to the American Revolution you would be berating Jefferson and calling him a nutjob too.

Are you really comparing Bachmann to Jefferson?

-TSO

Actually...it is an excellent comparison.
He was a man of conviction despite those that riudiculed him.
Can you truly say that Bachman is not a woman of conviction despite the ridicule she receives?

That is code for...

Bachman is a woman of conviction regardless of how the left tries to humiliate her.
Spector will change his mind on anything if it means votes.

I understand the loyalty thing, but are you sure you want to defend Hysterical Michele Bachmann?

Bachmann said she wanted Minnesotans "armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back." She then told listeners that Thomas Jefferson told us that "having a revolution every now and then is a good thing."

Inciting armed revolution?

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home, we won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

Advocating breaking federal law?

And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.

Claiming that AmeriCorps is going to send kids to re-education camps?

Inciting armed revolution? Yep, Ted Kaczynski did that.
Advocating breaking what he considered unjust laws? Yup, Ted Kaczynski did that.
Fighting against tyranny? Yup, in his mind, Ted Kaczynski did that.

See how that works? It's all a matter of perspective.

Dear Senator, you are 80 years old have been a Democrat and a Republican, you have made the switch any time you have thought it would benefit you in your re-election bid. You sold out your party last year by voting for the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill that is not working, then switched again to the Democratic party. Had you held out your vote we could have gotten a better bill and one that would have worked.

3 Republicans voted for the stimulus bill.

Her beliefs, yes. Something wrong with those beliefs?

Of course not. But Ted Kaczynski held those same beliefs.

And many that have murdered believe as Obama does.
Does that make Obama one who believes as those that murder believe?

I suggest you start over again.

I think you missed my point. I wasn't comparing Bachmann to Kaczynski. I was ridiculing the comparison to Thomas Jefferson. My point is it's a matter of perspective, and claiming that Michele Bachmann is the moral equivalent of our founding fathers (10 points to anyone who gets this reference) is just as logically sound as comparing her to the Unabomber.

I think you missed my point. I wasn't comparing Bachmann to Kaczynski. I was ridiculing the comparison to Thomas Jefferson. My point is it's a matter of perspective, and claiming that Michele Bachmann is the moral equivalent of our founding fathers (10 points to anyone who gets this reference) is just as logically sound as comparing her to the Unabomber.

I get your point....and sadly, I do not believe any of our congresspeople are the moral equivalent of Jefferson.
One thing we know for sure...Jefferson did nothing for votes, power or party.

And Spector is a credit to his (whatever it is this week)??

Spector has an admirable record in the Senate regardless of which party he is representing. Bachman has repeatedly embarassed herself with unsupportable positions.

There is no comparisons between the two

Depends on how you define 'admirable record'. Assuming you mean serving the best interest of Mr Spector, then yes.

Bachman is, at least, capable of remaining within the party she was elected under.
How do you feel about the many Southern Democrats, who switched to republican in protest of Civil Rights?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-dzo8_gJYc&feature=PlayList&p=767BE57487A19CA5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45]YouTube - Rep. Michele Bachmann Supports Violent Opposition to Obama[/ame]

On October 17, 2008, Bachmann gave an interview on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews in support of the presidential campaign of Senator John McCain that brought the Minnesota 6th Congressional District race national attention. During the interview she criticized Barack Obama for his association with Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, saying "…usually we associate with people who have similar ideas to us, and it seems that it calls into questions what Barack Obama's true beliefs, and values, and thoughts are...I am very concerned that he [Barack Obama] may have anti-American views." When asked by Matthews "How many people in the Congress of the United States do you suspect as being anti-American?" she replied "What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think people would love to see an expose like that".

-TSO

I respectfully disagree. IMO, Michelle Bachmann is spot on. Unless I missed that one particular speech in which Mr. Obama praised the US, Mr. Obama does not appear to me to hold "pro-American" views. And those he surrounds himself with certainly have not exhibited that they hold America in high regard.

Ms. Bachmann simply calls it like she sees it. Apparently in being an outspoken conservative female who is not afraid to hold to and speak her personal convictions, she becomes a hindrance to those who would bulldoze the Constitution. The "RULES" state, therefore, that she must be singled out, ridiculed, quoted out of context and called names.

I doubt the MSM will ever do that particular "expose".....so, going forward it's on the American people to pay closer attention to the qualifications and values of the candidates and exercise caution as we make the critical decision of who to turn the keys over to.

-TSO

I respectfully disagree. IMO, Michelle Bachmann is spot on. Unless I missed that one particular speech in which Mr. Obama praised the US, Mr. Obama does not appear to me to hold "pro-American" views. And those he surrounds himself with certainly have not exhibited that they hold America in high regard.

Ms. Bachmann simply calls it like she sees it. Apparently in being an outspoken conservative female who is not afraid to hold to and speak her personal convictions, she becomes a hindrance to those who would bulldoze the Constitution. The "RULES" state, therefore, that she must be singled out, ridiculed, quoted out of context and called names.

I doubt the MSM will ever do that particular "expose".....so, going forward it's on the American people to pay closer attention to the qualifications and values of the candidates and exercise caution as we make the critical decision of who to turn the keys over to.

To have differing views on how to improve the country does not equate to being un-American. I do not agree with many of the administrations policies, however, this doesn't make me think they are un-American because of it. With that comment, she was appealing to her base for political points. Both sides do it...both sides are wrong for doing it.

-TSO

That's fuckin stupid. Noone is comparing her to him, she believes as he did. You claimed people were comparing her to him. You dig yourself a hole and try to justify it after and still come up lame with it. Just face it, noone is saying Bachman is like Thomas Jefferson just that she believes as he did.

Forum List

Back