Arkansas GOP State Rep.-Elect Once Led Hate Group

Former Senator Byrd once led a hate group too. It doesn't matter to me what someone once did. I want to know what they are doing now.

Maybe it's about time we start recognizing that racism isn't the unforgivable sin some people try to pretend it is. There is hope for anyone to turn around. Even you Bass.

Former Senator Byrd once led a hate group too. It doesn't matter to me what someone once did. I want to know what they are doing now.

Maybe it's about time we start recognizing that racism isn't the unforgivable sin some people try to pretend it is. There is hope for anyone to turn around. Even you Bass.

According to the link he is still an active member of the group.

League of the South Board of Directors in 2005 issued a "Statement on 'Racism'" stating in part: “We believe that Christianity and social order require that all people, regardless of race, must be equal before the law. We do not believe that the law should be used to persecute, oppress, or favor any race or class. We believe that the only harmony possible between the races, as between all natural differences among human beings, begins in submitting to Jesus Christ's commandment to 'love our neighbours as ourselves.' That is the world we envision and work for."

League of the South - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The group has been labeled racist. I'd need actual evidence of racism before I agree with that label.

According to the link he is still an active member of the group.

According to the link
the League of the South, a neo-Confederate group that advocates for a second Southern secession and a society dominated by “European Americans.”

The league believes the “godly” nation it wants to form should be run by an “Anglo-Celtic” elite that would establish a Christian theocratic state and politically dominate blacks and other minorities. The group is also against interracial marriage, believes antebellum slavery is God-ordained, and wants a hierarchical society made up of superiors, equals and inferiors.

Hateful Loy Mauch Elected To Arkansas Congress | News One

sounds familar
League of the South.
Leadership:
Michael Hill
Ideology: Neo-Confederate
Groups: League of the South
Ironically a professor for years at a historically black college, Mike Hill established the League of the South in 1994 as an institution devoted to reviving Southern heritage and pushing for secession.

Founded: 1994
Ideology: Neo-Confederate
The League of the South is a neo-Confederate group that advocates for a second Southern secession and a society dominated by “European Americans.” The league believes the “godly” nation it wants to form should be run by an “Anglo-Celtic” (read: white) elite that would establish a Christian theocratic state and politically dominate blacks and other minorities. Originally founded by a group that included many Southern university professors, the group lost its Ph.D.s as it became more explicitly racist. The league denounces the federal government and northern and coastal states as part of “the Empire,” a materialist and anti-religious society.

League of the South | Southern Poverty Law Center

The Truth about the Southern Poverty Law Center
Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center have earned quite a reputation for fighting “hate”. Some groups that have been labeled by the SPLC as “hate groups” are indeed just that. However; there are just as many groups that have been labeled as “hate groups” by the SPLC that aren’t. Like the ADL, the SPLC has branched out to include many conservative and Southern heritage groups in the “hate” category. We hope that you the reader will thoroughly utilize the following links to educate yourself about the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Truth about the Southern Poverty Law Center ACGR's "News with Attitude"

Last edited:

Byrd didn't lead a hate group stupid, stop with the lies, and even if he did it doesn't justify Repugs electing racists.

Byrd didn't lead a hate group stupid, stop with the lies, and even if he did it doesn't justify Repugs electing racists.

The Klan wasn't a 'hate group'? Interesting.

The Klan wasn't a 'hate group'? Interesting.

When did Byrd lead the KKK as an active member and elected official? As Flayylo asked, how does what Byrd did justify what this guy is doing?

League of the South isn't an active promoter of racism, at least not by anything I've seen. They're freaky enough without adding to it. I'm sure there are racists associated with it, as there are racists associated with anything promoting the return of the Confederacy. I understand that promoting the return of the Confederacy as an independent theocratic State does reek a bit of racist undertones by association, doesn't it?

What it does promote is government by fundamentalist Christian Theocracy, which is bad enough. It also usually refers to the US as an "alien occupier" that must be expelled from the lands of Southern heritage and calls for a return to the agrarian lifestyle. Among other fruitcake ideas. Yep, if this guy is an active member he's just the fella I'd want making laws. :cuckoo:

DixieNet.Org :: League of the South Core Beliefs Statement

One thing I find very interesting among all the platitudes about liberty and equality is the total rejection of the basic concepts that underly freedom of speech and religion, two of the backbones of American liberty, in order to promote "order" and rule by the Gospel. Faaaasscinating.

Oh, and something else very interesting in the racism department, I may have spoken too soon. Read the last paragraph of this link...note what it says, and what it does not say. Cagey critters, those Theocratic rebels.

DixieNet.Org :: League of the South Statement on Racism

For people opposed to a theorcatic state I would worry less about the person elected and more about the fact that he was elected. I'm sure this information was availible prior to the vote.

Remember, in our system you can advocate for its overthrow as long as you do it via the ballot box. Nothing can stop a group from changing even the constitution itself if they get to the proper margins.

Now, remember this is ARKANSAS, one state, in the deep south. Hell some people up in the mountains are STILL FIGHTING the Civil War.

For people opposed to a theorcatic state I would worry less about the person elected and more about the fact that he was elected. I'm sure this information was availible prior to the vote.

Remember, in our system you can advocate for its overthrow as long as you do it via the ballot box. Nothing can stop a group from changing even the constitution itself if they get to the proper margins.

Now, remember this is ARKANSAS, one state, in the deep south. Hell some people up in the mountains are STILL FIGHTING the Civil War.

Hey, I spent 6 years in the Arkie Ozarks. It's a little more complicated there than you paint it. Are there folks still fighting the Civil War? Of course. But then there are huge parts of the State that are more Midwestern or Southwestern than Deep South, and there are also areas where the education, economic and overall sophistication level are higher than a lot of places I've lived in the Northeast. Being from Arkansas is no excuse.

And I do have a problem with a Christian Reconstructionist being in a position to influence law, even if most of his colleagues will reject his proposals. Theocracy is anathema to everything the US stands for. It should never be written into law. You have a point about the people who voted this guy in, but then again look at all the people who voted for O'Donnell in the DE primaries without knowing information that was out there, and regretted it later.

Last edited:

Hey, I spent 6 years in the Arkie Ozarks. It's a little more complicated there than you paint it. Are there folks still fighting the Civil War? Of course. But then there are huge parts of the State that are more Midwestern or Southwestern than Deep South, and there are also areas where the education, economic and overall sophistication level are higher than a lot of places I've lived in the Northeast. Being from Arkansas is no excuse.

And I do have a problem with a Christian Reconstructionist being in a position to influence law, even if most of his colleagues will reject his proposals. Theocracy is anathema to everything the US stands for. It should never be written into law. You have a point about the people who voted this guy in, but then again look at all the people who voted for O'Donnell in the DE primaries without knowing information that was out there, and regretted it later.

I'm sure you are not alone about the concern over a uber fundie being in a position of power. Its just that the good people of Arkansas are far less concerned.

I also doubt many of the people who voted for O'donnell regretted it later. her issue was that independents and moderates who voted for castle went running away screaming like banshees from her. That would have happened even without the media mass attack on her.

Hateful Loy Mauch Elected To Arkansas Congress | News One

The forum Republitards will not "refudiate" their own racists.

Just like the democrats did with Byrd huh?

Damn you people are stupid.

You're reaching back like how many years for Byrd when I can reach back in even less time for David Duke and this idiot?

When did Duke last hold public office? And Byrd?

I rest my case!

Once again you've shown your stupidity.

I'm sure you are not alone about the concern over a uber fundie being in a position of power. Its just that the good people of Arkansas are far less concerned.

I also doubt many of the people who voted for O'donnell regretted it later. her issue was that independents and moderates who voted for castle went running away screaming like banshees from her. That would have happened even without the media mass attack on her.

You miss the point. He's perfectly welcome to BE an uber fundie. He's not welcome to try to legislate uber fundie-ism into the way people live their lives. There's a difference between Christians and Christian Reconstructionists. One is just folks doing their thing, the other is folks whose sole aim is to force everyone else to do their thing right along with them - or else.

Having a Reconstructionist who voluntarily belongs to an openly secessionist, heavily authoritarian political organization in a position to make and influence law is of concern to me, absolutely.

Forum List

Back