Arkansas African American Arrested After Giving Waitress Her Own Stolen Credit Card To Pay For Meal

That's the way it's always been. The rich will always flout the rules, pretend they're not for them.

I talk about racism a lot because it is a big problem. But the thing here is poor whites need to stop falling for the division rich whites use with race.

Well, with the two parties clinging to power, preventing more democracy, and using massive amounts of money to keep people where they want them, poor white people, along with 95% of the country, are falling into the traps that the massively rich and powerful are setting for them.

Unless the US changes to a system like Proportional Representation then poverty will remain a very big problem for black people and Hispanics. Representation will be a non-event as it is now, politicians merely looking out for their own interests all the time.

I don't see both parties doing that. IMO the problem is the republicans. But where I agrees is that we need more representation and that every party that exists here should be allowed on all 50 state ballots in all elections. We do need to have more viable choices than 2, 3 or maybe 4.

You don't see it. Maybe that's part of the problem. People don't see what's there.

Why? Because so much money is spent telling people what to think. They manage to keep millions upon millions of people voting for them.

In another country it'd be called a bought election, in the US they claim it's democracy and no one challenges that.

Well I think I'm a pretty observant person and I have seen what republicans have done for the last 40 odd years. I haven't seen democrats creating a southern strategy, or clubs such as the federalist society, or the Conservative Opportunity Society with the stated goal of creating a permanent democratic majority and an end to conservatism.

No, the Democrats don't necessarily do what they do for the purpose of putting black people in "their place" as some might say.

But they actually do do this. This is the problem.

They prevent democracy. They keep partisanship. They keep the status quo. They run after rich donors, they don't fight the battles they should be fighting.

They are half the problem.

It's like saying they don't keep slaves, but they still do business with the slave owners, buying their cotton etc, and then claiming they have nothing to do with the slave trade.

In a country obsessed with money, is it any surprise that a person from a group of people that's 25% in poverty, goes around committing economic crimes?

How about they get a job?
With Trumps booming economy it shouldnt be that difficult.

If only it were Trump's booming economy, instead there seem to be lots of Trumps. Hmmmm..

Maybe they have job. A job doesn't necessarily take you out of poverty.

It doesn't solve all the wrongs that have gone on before.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I talk about racism a lot because it is a big problem. But the thing here is poor whites need to stop falling for the division rich whites use with race.

Well, with the two parties clinging to power, preventing more democracy, and using massive amounts of money to keep people where they want them, poor white people, along with 95% of the country, are falling into the traps that the massively rich and powerful are setting for them.

Unless the US changes to a system like Proportional Representation then poverty will remain a very big problem for black people and Hispanics. Representation will be a non-event as it is now, politicians merely looking out for their own interests all the time.

I don't see both parties doing that. IMO the problem is the republicans. But where I agrees is that we need more representation and that every party that exists here should be allowed on all 50 state ballots in all elections. We do need to have more viable choices than 2, 3 or maybe 4.

You don't see it. Maybe that's part of the problem. People don't see what's there.

Why? Because so much money is spent telling people what to think. They manage to keep millions upon millions of people voting for them.

In another country it'd be called a bought election, in the US they claim it's democracy and no one challenges that.

Well I think I'm a pretty observant person and I have seen what republicans have done for the last 40 odd years. I haven't seen democrats creating a southern strategy, or clubs such as the federalist society, or the Conservative Opportunity Society with the stated goal of creating a permanent democratic majority and an end to conservatism.

No, the Democrats don't necessarily do what they do for the purpose of putting black people in "their place" as some might say.

They prevent democracy. They keep partisanship. They keep the status quo. They run after rich donors, they don't fight the battles they should be fighting.

It's like saying they don't keep slaves, but they still do business with the slave owners, buying their cotton etc, and then claiming they have nothing to do with the slave trade.

I wouldn't make that comparison but I see where you are coming from. As I said, all parties need to be placed on all ballots in all elections.

Let's see, whites on wall street are robbing us blind, but we must be appalled and seek the longest prison term we can to a black person who bought a 20 meal with a stolen credit card.
if only Obama had prosecuted some

In a country obsessed with money, is it any surprise that a person from a group of people that's 25% in poverty, goes around committing economic crimes?

How about they get a job?
With Trumps booming economy it shouldnt be that difficult.

If only it were Trump's booming economy, instead there seem to be lots of Trumps. Hmmmm..

Maybe they have job. A job doesn't necessarily take you out of poverty.

It doesn't solve all the wrongs that have gone on before.

Making excuses for illegal behavior....the mark of a true liberal.

I wouldn't make that comparison but I see where you are coming from. As I said, all parties need to be placed on all ballots in all elections.

It's not about parties being on the ballot. That makes no difference.

FPTP is negative voting.

Imagine, you support Party C. You vote in an area and Party A gets around 49% of the vote and Party B gets around 48.5% of the vote and Party C gets around 1% of the vote.

You don't want Party A to get the seat or the electoral college vote or whatever, so you have a choice. Vote for Party C, your first choice and see your vote as wasted. Or vote for Party B and hope Party A don't get into power.

What are you going to do?

Under PR, if you like Party C, you vote Party C, because your vote might actually mean they get another seat, more power, and they'll represent you. There's no point voting for Party B, because you could vote for Party C and Party B and C could form a coalition that stops Party A from getting into power.

FPTP is bullshit. It favors the large parties.

In Germany in 2013 10% of the electorate changed their votes from FPTP with the larger parties to PR with the smaller parties. 10% felt that they had to vote negatively on the same day, different system and then voted positively with PR.

In 2017 the CDU/CSU gained 77% of the seats with FPTP and yet didn't get enough votes to form a govt on their own with PR.

The FPD gained loads of seats with PR but zero with FPTP because the system was against them.

Odd isn't it that you added 'African American' to the headline.

Almost like you had an agenda.

i always change headlines if you notice my posts. i do have a pro-white nationalist agenda, but i didn't intend anything nefarious in this particular instance.

Except to bring race into it.

Except that of course.

To most of us, such economic crimes are bad, for they tear at the fabric of society and cause great pain to victims.

To those who commit such crimes, it's no big deal. Crime is part of their life pattern. They feel no remorse.

....my father lived during the Depression--SUPER poor...no AC in the summer, not much heat in the winter....he never went around committing crimes

....my father lived during the Depression--SUPER poor...no AC in the summer, not much heat in the winter....he never went around committing crimes

So?

That's like saying "it's not hot here, so there's no global warming"

It's a pointless statement. What do you want me to say in reply?

So?

you are saying committing a crime is OK if you are poor
I was poor--I never committed a crime

So?

No, I clearly didn't.

You're making stuff up. I'm not playing such stupid games. Come back with an argument against something I did say or don't bother.

So?

No, I clearly didn't.

You're making stuff up. I'm not playing such stupid games. Come back with an argument against something I did say or don't bother.
post # 4

So?

No, I clearly didn't.

post # 4

As if I can be bothered.

Of course these killers, who brutally murdered Officer Amy Caprio for her offense of catching them breaking into cars, are described simply as "four teenagers". (Sometimes "youths" or "crowd of young people" are the propaganda terms of choice)

An agenda you think Syriusly ?

teens.png

By the way the slimy attorneys for the above offered the defense that the officer acted "aggressively" towards them a a reason for her being killed by these "teens" (hood rats).

caprio baco-1527282624-4403.jpg

Syriusly dont be a drone.

Of course these killers, who brutally murdered Officer Amy Caprio for her offense of catching them breaking into cars, are described simply as "four teenagers"......
2]Syriusly[/USER] dont be a drone.

And of course- what color their skin is the only thing you care about.

DOTR- just keep on being the good little racist we all know you are.

Odd isn't it that you added 'African American' to the headline.

Almost like you had an agenda.

So Syriusly you do recognize there is an agenda when race is injected into a headline?

There often is.

Certainly when a poster here at USMB alters a headline specifically to interject race into a headline that wasn't there before.

Forum List

Back