Arizona To Pull The Plug On California In Response To Boycott...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
It was announced today that the state of Arizona may cut electricity access to California residents in response to their boycott over the latest Arizona immigration law. Is this the right thing for Arizona to do in retaliation? I'm interested in hearing what others think about this. Is it right? Yea or Nay?

Hope they do. Cut off the electricity... Let these loser liberals pay out the ass for electricity. They already pay out the ass in taxes cause of all the illegals maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back when the pay out the ass for electricity and sweat their fat asses off cause their AC isn't working!!!! Come on California Put up or shut up!!!! you say you will boycott Arizona so do it!!!!!

This is a tough one. I think California was wrong to conduct their boycott. Arizona might be completely justified in retaliating. Hmm?

Hope they do. Cut off the electricity... Let these loser liberals pay out the ass for electricity. They already pay out the ass in taxes cause of all the illegals maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back when the pay out the ass for electricity and sweat their fat asses off cause their AC isn't working!!!! Come on California Put up or shut up!!!! you say you will boycott Arizona so do it!!!!!

Yea their boycott bravado is misguided. They actually depend on Arizonans quite a bit more than they realize.

Yea their boycott bravado is misguided. They actually depend on Arizonans quite a bit more than they realize.

Dam the Colorado river cut off their water also!!! I bet Arizona could find some use for this water!!!

I guess now it would be about legality. Will it be legal for Arizona to ration electricity access to California? I'm not sure. I'm no legal expert.

I think Californians are being pretty arrogant. They actually do depend on Arizonans much more than they realize. Cutting electricity access to California in retaliation may be the just thing to do.

I guess now it would be about legality. Will it be legal for Arizona to ration electricity access to California? I'm not sure. I'm no legal expert.

I don't see why not since it is a Arizona company that Arizona can decide who to sell electricity to.

I don't see why not since it is a Arizona company that Arizona can decide who to sell electricity to.

First of all, Californian utilities companies own part of the power plant in Palo Verde. They paid for it getting built, and pay for their share of fuel. So no, Arizona cannot cut off power.

Second, the guy who's threatening this a.) is a member of a 5 person government commission who b.) don't have the power to cut off power anyway, seeing as how the plant in question is NOT owned by the state of Arizona, rather by a private company.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...-threatens-to-counter-boycott-california.html

This whole California Boycott thing is stupid. I think i would actually support Arizona retaliating. Most of these California nutters haven't even read the Arizona Law. These nutters are also pretty cocky for a State that's in complete ruins. Can they really afford to boycott anyone?

First of all, Californian utilities companies own part of the power plant in Palo Verde. They paid for it getting built, and pay for their share of fuel. So no, Arizona cannot cut off power.

Second, the guy who's threatening this a.) is a member of a 5 person government commission who b.) don't have the power to cut off power anyway, seeing as how the plant in question is NOT owned by the state of Arizona, rather by a private company.

Powerless Arizona Gentleman Threatens to Counter-Boycott California | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

So his lips are flapping and he's got no real power.....I wonder which one of our "esteemed" guests is really him.

If you threaten to destroy another State's economy,you should expect retaliation. I am now inclined to agree with Arizona on this one.

Someone might want to tell Arizona that everyone in LA knows that it's bluffing.

Californians sure are pretty cocky. They actually rely heavily on Arizonans for their electricity. Third World H*ll-Holes like California should be very careful threatening other States. Might just backfire on em.

Californians sure are pretty cocky. They actually rely heavily on Arizonans for their electricity. Third World H*ll-Holes like California should be very careful threatening other States. Might just backfire on em.

I'm sure there is a reason why you just keep repeating the same thing over and over in every thread you post in. I just can't figure out what it is.

Why don't you actually try to have a conversation, instead of re-re-re-posting the same disproven bullshit?

It's already been pointed out in this thread that Arizona CANNOT legally shut off power to LA.

Forum List

Back