Arizona to Los Angeles "No Power For You!"

OK, then how about colorado stop water to Arizona:razz:
I didn't realize that a river was a government product, let alone the fact that there's any dam capable of stopping the Colorado river for long before it bursts. Go ahead. See what happens. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is. THe water comes from the rocky mountains in colorado that supplies the entire southwest, and there are deals in place to allow certain amounts of water and selling of the water rights to southern california and arizona
Western States Water Laws - Colorado
Water rights in Colorado are considered real property and can be bought, sold, and leased to other entities. Although water is considered to be the property of the state, a property right exists in the priority to the use of water. The transfer of a water requires filing a change of water right application with the appropriate water court. As with a change of use or point of diversion application, the applicant must provide evidence that the transfer will not injure the vested water rights of other users.
Sharing Colorado River Water: History, Public Policy and the Colorado River Compact
Go ahead and violate those contracts then. You've the power to do that. Just get your state government to go ahead and tell the Army Corps of engineers to turn off the spigot.

No, you seem to believe in collectivism by saying such statements. You want to see suffer LA, that much I'm seeing.

No, I wish LA to live by their professed ideals instead of being allowed to continue their hypocrisy. "We wanna punish Arizona, but we don't want to have to suffer for it!" Horseshit. If you want to boycott the state, boycott the state and cut off power received from it as well on your own.

That's the problem with these ferarri fascists. They want it both ways. That's why they deserve to suffer the consequences of their morality.

Life's a bitch.

OK, then how about colorado stop water to Arizona:razz:
I didn't realize that a river was a government product, let alone the fact that there's any dam capable of stopping the Colorado river for long before it bursts. Go ahead. See what happens. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is. THe water comes from the rocky mountains in colorado that supplies the entire southwest, and there are deals in place to allow certain amounts of water and selling of the water rights to southern california and arizona
Water rights in Colorado are considered real property and can be bought, sold, and leased to other entities. Although water is considered to be the property of the state, a property right exists in the priority to the use of water. The transfer of a water requires filing a change of water right application with the appropriate water court. As with a change of use or point of diversion application, the applicant must provide evidence that the transfer will not injure the vested water rights of other users.
Sharing Colorado River Water: History, Public Policy and the Colorado River Compact

And foreign interests have bought heavially into American water in the last decade or so.

Clean fresh water could conceiveably be more in demand than oil at sometime in the future.

Fight fire with fire!!! :clap2:

Arizona threatens to pull plug on LA's power if city goes through with boycott...

LA's boycott resolution sparks a threat over power the city receives from Arizona
An Arizona utility commissioner said he's willing to pull the plug on Los Angeles if the city goes through with a boycott of his state.

In a letter to the city of LA, a member of Arizona's power commission said he would ask Arizona utility companies to cut off the power supply to Los Angeles. LA gets about 25 percent of its power from Arizona.

Power Play Over Immigration Law | NBC Los Angeles

Thats pretty bad-assed right there.

Kudos to AZ if this is legit.

I personally take the same stance as former WI governor Tommy Thompson when told that the Desert Southwest was making a claim on Great Lakes water.

"The only way those states are accessing the water of the Great Lakes is in this." (Opens a can of Miller)

there could be sudden power outages.. like right in the middle of a lakers game.. huh???

So glad we live in America, and not in Willowland. In Willowland, your power goes off whenever the Willow likes it if you disagree with her.

Though I would like to know how Arizona intends to pay back all the money it's getting for giving out all this power if they take it away. In fact, I'd love to see them try, see how fast they end up in court.

Yes, but in CA, AZ can turn off the power.

Yeap because Bush was selling this country to foriegn interests the entire time he was in office.

It seems to me that the power companies in Arizona have the right to sell to whomever they want. They are, however, most likely contractually obligated to provide power to the City of Los Angeles at this time. Breaking that contract could end up being extremely costly to them.

Immie

It seems to me that the power companies in Arizona have the right to sell to whomever they want. They are, however, most likely contractually obligated to provide power to the City of Los Angeles at this time. Breaking that contract could end up being extremely costly to them.

Immie

This is my point. And why I would love to see AZ try.

Fight fire with fire!!! :clap2:

Arizona threatens to pull plug on LA's power if city goes through with boycott...

LA's boycott resolution sparks a threat over power the city receives from Arizona
An Arizona utility commissioner said he's willing to pull the plug on Los Angeles if the city goes through with a boycott of his state.

In a letter to the city of LA, a member of Arizona's power commission said he would ask Arizona utility companies to cut off the power supply to Los Angeles. LA gets about 25 percent of its power from Arizona.

Power Play Over Immigration Law | NBC Los Angeles

What do you expect from the "Politicians Of California" , NBC is thinking of a new reality series with Keith Olbermann as the host......Look at their track record with financial decisions.....they rely on people like TM for all their advice.....

:cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_hand:

All the Totalitarians around the world are clapping their hands with glee while we destroy our country from within.

Immie

But, these power companies are not state owned are they?

If not, then it is not Arizona that is attempting this but rather power company(ies) in Arizona that are trying this.

It seems unfair to me to say Arizona is doing this. I mean the government of the State of Arizona doesn't need anymore bad press now. Does it?

Immie

Immie

LA: "Hey! You can't cut off power to us! We'll sue!"

AZ Power: "Okay, but till you win against our lawyers, the power stays off. Of course we could settle out of court by you dropping this boycott language."

Arizona aint going to win this one folks

Neither will CA, folks. But I'm putting MY money on AZ!!!

Umm CA is something like the 5th largest economy in the world.
Where is AZ on that list?

AND! They have the Terminator!

And how many US reps does CA have vs AZ?

And how many subversive CA sympatihizers live in AZ?

CA has nukes, does AZ?

Last edited:

Go ahead and violate those contracts then. You've the power to do that. Just get your state government to go ahead and tell the Army Corps of engineers to turn off the spigot.

No, you seem to believe in collectivism by saying such statements. You want to see suffer LA, that much I'm seeing.

No, I wish LA to live by their professed ideals instead of being allowed to continue their hypocrisy. "We wanna punish Arizona, but we don't want to have to suffer for it!" Horseshit. If you want to boycott the state, boycott the state and cut off power received from it as well on your own.

That's the problem with these ferarri fascists. They want it both ways. That's why they deserve to suffer the consequences of their morality.

Life's a bitch.

and these companies have contracts with California. moron

Forum List

Back