Arizona State Lawmaker Proposes Holiday For White People

I bet it would piss off the browns and the blacks if we had a "white history month. just guessing.. I'd like White History Month to be in April. The whole month of beautiful soft April.

I was kinding hoping September could be White History Month. Also, I think using the term "white" to describe me is offensive. I want a new term.

How about:

1) Person of lighter-color
2) American-American
3) Person of American Decent

Your last two suggestions rightly belong to American Indians.

How about Immigrant-American Descendant. Most of us fall into that category.

And nobody seems to "get it". Why is it we can have a month for African Americans, a day for Latinos and nothing for whites. Why are whites suppose to be ashamed of their heritage?

There is no reason to have a holiday for white people, just as there is no reason to have a holiday for black people, just as there is no reason to have a holiday for Latino people. We already have a holiday for all Americans. Independence Day.

And nothing for whites, are you fucking kidding me? PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo. Plus how many white President's birthdays do we celebrate?
You guys bitch about these Holidays while having your Christmas and Easter.. I don't see any other religion other than Christianity getting federal Holidays. Quit your bitching, this country is ran by white Christians, that is why you don't need a month.

zero?

And nobody seems to "get it". Why is it we can have a month for African Americans, a day for Latinos and nothing for whites. Why are whites suppose to be ashamed of their heritage?

There is no reason to have a holiday for white people, just as there is no reason to have a holiday for black people, just as there is no reason to have a holiday for Latino people. We already have a holiday for all Americans. Independence Day.

I think that was the whole point of the article, sorry if I didn't address it correctly in my comment.

Too much icanhazcheezburger.dot.com. :D:D:D

No no.

Mel Brooks.

Blazing Saddles.

No no.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ]We don't need no stinking badges! - YouTube[/ame]

no no the current senate.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3749-110527beelertoon-c20110527010844.jpg

And nothing for whites, are you fucking kidding me? PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo. Plus how many white President's birthdays do we celebrate?
You guys bitch about these Holidays while having your Christmas and Easter.. I don't see any other religion other than Christianity getting federal Holidays. Quit your bitching, this country is ran by white Christians, that is why you don't need a month.

St Patty's Day is not a national or state holiday and neither is Cinco de Mayo. In fact Cinco de Mayo isn't even celebrated in Mexico. It was started here by a beer company as an excuse to sell more beer. And how can St Patrick's Day be a white version of Cinco de Mayo when St Patrick's day was celebrated more centuries before cinco de mayo? Perhaps it's better to say Cinco de mayo is a Mexican version of st patricks day? oh, wait that doesn't work as St Patricks day is actually celebrated in Mexico whereas cinco de mayo isn't. Please, for the love of God, read a book!

The only Christian federal holiday is Christmas. You don't like it, feel free to try to have it removed. Or if you want another federal holiday for jews, or muslims, push for one.

Obama is neither white, nor Christian and he's running the country.

We celebrate President's Day. We used to have Lincolns Birthday and Washington's birthday but that was changed when we added MLK's birthday. President's day, I would imagine celebrates all presidents regardless of color. Just think Obama is in there too.

The whole point in the article is that one state senator requestion a latino day and another one then requested a "white" day (imo he should have asked for a European American day, but that's another story) the whole point being that the idea of a day for any race or ethnicity is stupid.

This country is run by the rich; white, black or purple, the rest of us have no say whatsoever. And if you think it's run by Christians, you really need to find out more about Christians. Satanists would be closer to the truth.
I am trying to figure out where I said St patrick's day was a federal holiday??????????

This year for Christmas since it fell on a sunday, they had monday be the federal holiday.
And this country celebrated a European American for years, and he didn't even discover this country. Quit your bitching.
There is a reason we have black history month, and not a white history month. We don't need a white history month because every day is white history. You are white, you are not being discriminated against. Get over it.

I also love it when it is white males who bitch about this stuff....God it must suck being a white male.

St Patty's Day is not a national or state holiday and neither is Cinco de Mayo. In fact Cinco de Mayo isn't even celebrated in Mexico. It was started here by a beer company as an excuse to sell more beer. And how can St Patrick's Day be a white version of Cinco de Mayo when St Patrick's day was celebrated more centuries before cinco de mayo? Perhaps it's better to say Cinco de mayo is a Mexican version of st patricks day? oh, wait that doesn't work as St Patricks day is actually celebrated in Mexico whereas cinco de mayo isn't. Please, for the love of God, read a book!

The only Christian federal holiday is Christmas. You don't like it, feel free to try to have it removed. Or if you want another federal holiday for jews, or muslims, push for one.

We celebrate President's Day. We used to have Lincolns Birthday and Washington's birthday but that was changed when we added MLK's birthday. President's day, I would imagine celebrates all presidents regardless of color. Just think Obama is in there too.

The whole point in the article is that one state senator requestion a latino day and another one then requested a "white" day (imo he should have asked for a European American day, but that's another story) the whole point being that the idea of a day for any race or ethnicity is stupid.

This country is run by the rich; white, black or purple, the rest of us have no say whatsoever. And if you think it's run by Christians, you really need to find out more about Christians. Satanists would be closer to the truth.
I am trying to figure out where I said St patrick's day was a federal holiday??????????

This year for Christmas since it fell on a sunday, they had monday be the federal holiday.
And this country celebrated a European American for years, and he didn't even discover this country. Quit your bitching.
There is a reason we have black history month, and not a white history month. We don't need a white history month because every day is white history. You are white, you are not being discriminated against. Get over it.

So you are saying that during the months of Jan and Mar-Dec we only teach white history in our schools? And we focus on whites that contributed to our history and the fact that they were white?

Of course we would never teach about Charles Drew in the month of Mar, after all, he's black, he belongs in Feb. I don't care how many millions he's saved with his discovery of plasma...we don't mention him except in Feb...is that what you are saying?

And we all know if any other religion tried to push for a federal holiday christians like you would have a nervous breakdown.

And we all know if any other religion tried to push for a federal holiday christians like you would have a nervous breakdown.

Not me. But go ahead and spread your lies anyway, you who have no idea what this thread is even about.

Man... I feel really bad for other white people who worry about white people becoming a minority.

Brown is just as beautiful!

I've got no problems with melting. Heck my family has melted. We have whites, blacks asians, native americans, etc. We are mutts and proud of it. I do however, have a problem when everybody gets to celebrate their heritage but whites. Maybe it's because out of my whole family I have the whitest skin. I don't burn in the sun, I blister. I'm suppose to be ashamed of that? why?

What don't the Irish count? Last I checked we have St. Patty's Day. Now as a Sweede I am a pissed off we don't have a Krup Crocker day.:razz:

Not me. But go ahead and spread your lies anyway, you who have no idea what this thread is even about.

I know what it exactly about.......It is full of bunch of white people bitching. I got confused on what Latino Day was, sue me. At least I am not a white person trying to get everyone to feel bad for me.
You are a White Christian, you are not discriminated against, you have plenty of Holidays and days full of all white christian stuff. Get over it, and stop being a victim.

Last edited:
Man... I feel really bad for other white people who worry about white people becoming a minority.

I've got no problems with melting. Heck my family has melted. We have whites, blacks asians, native americans, etc. We are mutts and proud of it. I do however, have a problem when everybody gets to celebrate their heritage but whites. Maybe it's because out of my whole family I have the whitest skin. I don't burn in the sun, I blister. I'm suppose to be ashamed of that? why?

What don't the Irish count? Last I checked we have St. Patty's Day. Now as a Sweede I am a pissed off we don't have a Krup Crocker day.:razz:

Are you guys getting greedy?

You already got the pocket knife designation.:eusa_whistle: and the made like a swiss watch. Geez

They want white European Day... I would say Independence Day could cover that.. It was the day that white Europeans gained Independence..But whatever.

PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo. .

No it's not. St. Patrick's Day is a Saint's day. Every Saint has one and they have nothing to do with race.

You know a lot of minorities that celebrate St Patrick's Day? The man was the Patron Saint of Ireland. I would classify that as a European American.

You make no sense.

Yes, I know a great, great many 'minorities' who celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Classifying Ireland as "European American" also makes no sense. It is a Catholic Saint's day, and Catholicism is most certainly not race-specific.

Stop being stupid.

... I would say Independence Day could cover that.. It was the day that white Europeans gained Independence..But whatever.

You seem determined to define things by race that ought not be. You might want to reflect on that.

Forum List

Back