Arizona State Lawmaker Proposes Holiday For White People

Latino American Day = silly

Not having a sense of humor about predictions that whites will be minority soon = silly^2

I bet it would piss off the browns and the blacks if we had a "white history month. just guessing.. I'd like White History Month to be in April. The whole month of beautiful soft April.

I was kinding hoping September could be White History Month. Also, I think using the term "white" to describe me is offensive. I want a new term.

How about:

1) Person of lighter-color
2) American-American
3) Person of American Decent

I like American-American. My people have been here since 1634. I guess I qualify.

Arizona State Lawmaker Proposes Holiday For White People

What is this guy a White Supremicist or something?

There are no national holidays that are RACE SPECIFIC.

If its a national holidy its a holiday for all citizens regardless of race.

Did you not read the article? One senator proposed a day for latinos, another then proposed a day for whites...probably to get the other senator to see how stupid he was being.

Does anyone here remember the proposed statue after 9/11 of the men raising the flag on ground zero? The problem? The 3 men were all white and they wanted to change their races so one would be black, one would be latino and the last one white. There was an outcry and no statue ever went up. They told those American Heros that two of them were the wrong color to be honored. How sick is that?

If that's not proof of racism against whites, what is?

6a00d834520b4b69e2016761a8dbed970b-320wi

What's up with Arizona?

After a Latino state legislator proposed a Latino American Day, lawmaker Cecil Ash stepped up before the legislature to suggest a holiday for white people. Seriously.

This is, after all, the land of S.B. 1070, the contentious and draconian immigration enforcement bill that has been mired in legal deadlock since it was signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer (R) in 2010. The legislation, considered the strictest of its kind when it was passed, is to be ruled upon by the Supreme Court later this year.

It's also home to Russell Pearce, the former Republican state senator credited with laying down the framework for the state's controversial immigration law.

And who can forget the ever-graceful Brewer, stateswoman and author, wagging her finger dismissively in the face of President Obama at an airport in Phoenix last month?

And the swashbuckling Sheriff Joe Arpaio lives there, too. He proclaimed himself "America's Toughest Sheriff," and now finds himself ensnared in a U.S. Justice Department investigation accusing his department of racially profiling Latinos, basing immigration enforcement on racially charged citizen complaints and punishing Hispanic jail inmates for speaking Spanish.

Enter Cecil Ash, a Republican from Mesa, who feels that what Arizona needs now is an official holiday for white folks.

The idea apparently came to Ash after state Rep. Richard Miranda proposed a Latino American Day. "I wanted to speak to you all about Latino Americans here in Arizona," Miranda said on the House floor Monday.

After some debate, Ash stepped forward with his grand idea.

"I'm supportive of this proposition and I think it's well deserved," he said. "I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority you'll have a day for us."

There was laughter on the House floor. On CBS 5 News, reporter Elizabeth Erwin introduced her story on the latest state controversy saying, "You can't make this stuff up." No you can't.

On the street, a random woman in a baseball cap said Ash's proposal made sense. Of course. "Like they have Cinco de Mayo for Mexicans," she told CBS 5 News, "we need something for whites." Only in Arizona.

Ash, for his part, wasn't backing down.

"I think it was appropriate," he told the station, referring to his proposed holiday. "It was appropriate for the mood that was in the House and I think that if and when the Caucasian population becomes a minority, they may want to celebrate the accomplishments and the contributions of the Caucasian population the same way."

Maybe Ash is onto something. Consider the talk of a Caucasian history month on the social networking site Tumblr. For real. No joke.

Cecil Ash, Arizona State Lawmaker, Proposes Holiday For White People (VIDEO)

And nobody seems to "get it". Why is it we can have a month for African Americans, a day for Latinos and nothing for whites. Why are whites suppose to be ashamed of their heritage?
And nothing for whites, are you fucking kidding me? PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo. Plus how many white President's birthdays do we celebrate?
You guys bitch about these Holidays while having your Christmas and Easter.. I don't see any other religion other than Christianity getting federal Holidays. Quit your bitching, this country is ran by white Christians, that is why you don't need a month.

And nobody seems to "get it". Why is it we can have a month for African Americans, a day for Latinos and nothing for whites. Why are whites suppose to be ashamed of their heritage?
And nothing for whites, are you fucking kidding me? PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo. Plus how many white President's birthdays do we celebrate?
You guys bitch about these Holidays while having your Christmas and Easter.. I don't see any other religion other than Christianity getting federal Holidays. Quit your bitching, this country is ran by white Christians, that is why you don't need a month.

St Patty's Day is not a national or state holiday and neither is Cinco de Mayo. In fact Cinco de Mayo isn't even celebrated in Mexico. It was started here by a beer company as an excuse to sell more beer. And how can St Patrick's Day be a white version of Cinco de Mayo when St Patrick's day was celebrated more centuries before cinco de mayo? Perhaps it's better to say Cinco de mayo is a Mexican version of st patricks day? oh, wait that doesn't work as St Patricks day is actually celebrated in Mexico whereas cinco de mayo isn't. Please, for the love of God, read a book!

The only Christian federal holiday is Christmas. You don't like it, feel free to try to have it removed. Or if you want another federal holiday for jews, or muslims, push for one.

Obama is neither white, nor Christian and he's running the country.

We celebrate President's Day. We used to have Lincolns Birthday and Washington's birthday but that was changed when we added MLK's birthday. President's day, I would imagine celebrates all presidents regardless of color. Just think Obama is in there too.

The whole point in the article is that one state senator requestion a latino day and another one then requested a "white" day (imo he should have asked for a European American day, but that's another story) the whole point being that the idea of a day for any race or ethnicity is stupid.

This country is run by the rich; white, black or purple, the rest of us have no say whatsoever. And if you think it's run by Christians, you really need to find out more about Christians. Satanists would be closer to the truth.

And nothing for whites, are you fucking kidding me? PS St Patricks day is the white version of Cinco De Mayo.
Not a national or state holiday
Plus how many white President's birthdays do we celebrate?
I believe we celebrate their birthdays because they were Presidents and are long dead. Perhaps, once obama assumes room temperature, we'll celebrate his birthday too. (not likely, any more than we'll celebrate Nixon or Carter's birthday)
We were completely willing to let non-whites and non Christians run the country. After the current fiasco at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, it will likely be quite a while before the country is willing to take that risk again.

Forum List

Back