Arizona State Lawmaker Proposes Holiday For White People

If it is OK to have a government recognized holiday based on one race, it is ok to have one based on another.... And if it is not ok for one, it is not ok for any

See... equality in treatment by government under law... unfortunately it is not what we see in our current government at any level

What's up with Arizona?

After a Latino state legislator proposed a Latino American Day, lawmaker Cecil Ash stepped up before the legislature to suggest a holiday for white people. Seriously.

This is, after all, the land of S.B. 1070, the contentious and draconian immigration enforcement bill that has been mired in legal deadlock since it was signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer (R) in 2010. The legislation, considered the strictest of its kind when it was passed, is to be ruled upon by the Supreme Court later this year.

It's also home to Russell Pearce, the former Republican state senator credited with laying down the framework for the state's controversial immigration law.

And who can forget the ever-graceful Brewer, stateswoman and author, wagging her finger dismissively in the face of President Obama at an airport in Phoenix last month?

And the swashbuckling Sheriff Joe Arpaio lives there, too. He proclaimed himself "America's Toughest Sheriff," and now finds himself ensnared in a U.S. Justice Department investigation accusing his department of racially profiling Latinos, basing immigration enforcement on racially charged citizen complaints and punishing Hispanic jail inmates for speaking Spanish.

Enter Cecil Ash, a Republican from Mesa, who feels that what Arizona needs now is an official holiday for white folks.

The idea apparently came to Ash after state Rep. Richard Miranda proposed a Latino American Day. "I wanted to speak to you all about Latino Americans here in Arizona," Miranda said on the House floor Monday.

After some debate, Ash stepped forward with his grand idea.

"I'm supportive of this proposition and I think it's well deserved," he said. "I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority you'll have a day for us."

There was laughter on the House floor. On CBS 5 News, reporter Elizabeth Erwin introduced her story on the latest state controversy saying, "You can't make this stuff up." No you can't.

On the street, a random woman in a baseball cap said Ash's proposal made sense. Of course. "Like they have Cinco de Mayo for Mexicans," she told CBS 5 News, "we need something for whites." Only in Arizona.

Ash, for his part, wasn't backing down.

"I think it was appropriate," he told the station, referring to his proposed holiday. "It was appropriate for the mood that was in the House and I think that if and when the Caucasian population becomes a minority, they may want to celebrate the accomplishments and the contributions of the Caucasian population the same way."

Maybe Ash is onto something. Consider the talk of a Caucasian history month on the social networking site Tumblr. For real. No joke.

Cecil Ash, Arizona State Lawmaker, Proposes Holiday For White People (VIDEO)

Racism is alive and well in the United States...what else is new

Damn Lakhota are you too dense to see he is making a point. Asshole hypocrites like you say a holiday for white people is RACIST, yet a holiday for latinos is AOK. How do you not see the hypocrisy in that? Just as a hypocrite like you says the National Black Caucus is just Black unity and the National White Caucus is racist. La Raza (the Race) promoting the betterment of the Latin American community isn't racist, but it's white equivalent the KKK is a racist group (which it is)! A KKK member would never even sniff the Supreme Court, but the Latino version of it, La Raza, gets an entry seat!

Whites Americans don't subscribe to the bullshit of whites stick together, otherwise we wouldn't have a black President, a black GA congressman defeating a white opponent in a 95% white district. However, African and Latino American subscribe to it 10 fold. Try being a white man running for Mayor in a city that is less than 45% white, you can't even get out of the primaries. Whites vote for who fits their ideology the best. Latinos and African Americans vote for who is the right race and color!

What's up with Arizona?

After a Latino state legislator proposed a Latino American Day, lawmaker Cecil Ash stepped up before the legislature to suggest a holiday for white people. Seriously.

This is, after all, the land of S.B. 1070, the contentious and draconian immigration enforcement bill that has been mired in legal deadlock since it was signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer (R) in 2010. The legislation, considered the strictest of its kind when it was passed, is to be ruled upon by the Supreme Court later this year.

It's also home to Russell Pearce, the former Republican state senator credited with laying down the framework for the state's controversial immigration law.

And who can forget the ever-graceful Brewer, stateswoman and author, wagging her finger dismissively in the face of President Obama at an airport in Phoenix last month?

And the swashbuckling Sheriff Joe Arpaio lives there, too. He proclaimed himself "America's Toughest Sheriff," and now finds himself ensnared in a U.S. Justice Department investigation accusing his department of racially profiling Latinos, basing immigration enforcement on racially charged citizen complaints and punishing Hispanic jail inmates for speaking Spanish.

Enter Cecil Ash, a Republican from Mesa, who feels that what Arizona needs now is an official holiday for white folks.

The idea apparently came to Ash after state Rep. Richard Miranda proposed a Latino American Day. "I wanted to speak to you all about Latino Americans here in Arizona," Miranda said on the House floor Monday.

"I'm supportive of this proposition and I think it's well deserved," he said. "I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority you'll have a day for us."

There was laughter on the House floor. On CBS 5 News, reporter Elizabeth Erwin introduced her story on the latest state controversy saying, "You can't make this stuff up." No you can't.

On the street, a random woman in a baseball cap said Ash's proposal made sense. Of course. "Like they have Cinco de Mayo for Mexicans," she told CBS 5 News, "we need something for whites." Only in Arizona.

"I think it was appropriate," he told the station, referring to his proposed holiday. "It was appropriate for the mood that was in the House and I think that if and when the Caucasian population becomes a minority, they may want to celebrate the accomplishments and the contributions of the Caucasian population the same way."

Maybe Ash is onto something. Consider the talk of a Caucasian history month on the social networking site Tumblr. For real. No joke.

Sorry bout that,

1. I think its appropriate to have a *White Holiday*, and it should be openly white, just like we see how MLK's holiday is openly black, then we need a Asian holiday too, American Indian as well, all these new holidays can be recognized by the individual, as it is now with MLK's holiday, if you have a business and want to close it on MLK's day then okay, fine, if you don't close okay fine, same goes for the other holidays, if you want to recognize them fine if not thats fine too, should all these holidays be federal holidays, I think not, none should, keep the government working on *ALL* the holidays, and banks, it makes more sense to keep everything open.:eusa_eh:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If it is OK to have a government recognized holiday based on one race, it is ok to have one based on another.... And if it is not ok for one, it is not ok for any

See... equality in treatment by government under law... unfortunately it is not what we see in our current government at any level

Is "African-American" a race?

Exactly. What legislator Ash from Arizona was doing was challenging the latino lawmaker to either prove himself a hypocrite acting on a double standard, or a fair person that would welcome his suggestion.

This white bashing has gone on just about long enough, and the double standard is no longer acceptable.

Exactly. What legislator Ash from Arizona was doing was challenging the latino lawmaker to either prove himself a hypocrite acting on a double standard, or a fair person that would welcome his suggestion.

This white bashing has gone on just about long enough, and the double standard is no longer acceptable.

You poor victim.

Sorry bout that,

1. I think its appropriate to have a *White Holiday*, and it should be openly white, just like we see how MLK's holiday is openly black, then we need a Asian holiday too, American Indian as well, all these new holidays can be recognized by the individual, as it is now with MLK's holiday, if you have a business and want to close it on MLK's day then okay, fine, if you don't close okay fine, same goes for the other holidays, if you want to recognize them fine if not thats fine too, should all these holidays be federal holidays, I think not, none should, keep the government working on *ALL* the holidays, and banks, it makes more sense to keep everything open.:eusa_eh:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Now if you had just dropped the "Sorry bout that," the "1.," and the "Regards, SirJamesofTexas," that would have been a good post.

You poor victim.

You poor moron.

You didn't get it, turd. He's mocking the law to create a latino day.

It's unbelievable that this forum is populated with so many morons who are aghast at the idea of a holiday for white people but see no problem with a holiday for Latinos.

How fucking stupid can you be?

Man... I feel really bad for other white people who worry about white people becoming a minority.

Brown is just as beautiful!

Sure it is. Otherwise they wouldn't keep their race cards nearby and at the ready.

is *stupid* a destiny?

What's up with Arizona?

Why is this wrong?

You didn't get it, turd. He's mocking the law to create a latino day.

It's unbelievable that this forum is populated with so many morons who are aghast at the idea of a holiday for white people but see no problem with a holiday for Latinos.

How fucking stupid can you be?

Consider the liberal mind that you are dealing with and then re-visit that question.

Forum List

Back